The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 294  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 12:04 pm 
The Master

JuanHamm wrote:
I didn't watch it. The stream I had didn't work very well. I'm glad it was a good show though. AEW are doing a lot better than I thought they'd be doing at this point. It seems like they're actually going to be real competition for the WWE, which will hopefully spur them on to become more creative.

it worked fine for the pre-show then would never connect

i was messing around on a wrestling website's comments section later and someone mentioned another stream...the picture quality wasn't great, but i'm glad i ran across that...came in about halfway through the cage match

so i'm assuming you heard what happened or saw a video, tom?

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 12:08 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
I didn't watch it. The stream I had didn't work very well. I'm glad it was a good show though. AEW are doing a lot better than I thought they'd be doing at this point. It seems like they're actually going to be real competition for the WWE, which will hopefully spur them on to become more creative.

i was messing around on a wrestling website's comments section later and someone mentioned another stream...the picture quality wasn't great, but i'm glad i ran across that...came in about halfway through the cage match

Yeah, I've seen a lot of clips. The Punk/Darby match actually looked really good. Punk is such a good in ring story teller. I hope he can pass that skill onto some others on the roster. I'm interested in seeing the Main event and the Miro / Kingston matches as well.

The cage match looked like a big spot fest, so I'll give it a miss. I really don't like the Young Bucks.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 12:12 pm 
The Master

JuanHamm wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of clips. The Punk/Darby match actually looked really good. Punk is such a good in ring story teller. I hope he can pass that skill onto some others on the roster. I'm interested in seeing the Main event and the Miro / Kingston matches as well.

The cage match looked like a big spot fest, so I'll give it a miss. I really don't like the Young Bucks.

agreed on Punk

you don't like Omega either, right?

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 12:17 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

JuanHamm wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

agreed on Punk

Omega is fine.i need to watch more really.

I'm just not a huge fan of the main event NJPW style of Big move - near fall - big move - near fall...etc

It works sometimes,but mostly I just find it tiresome. I'm probably the only one here who doesn't think the HBK vs Taker WrestleMania matches were any good. Give me 97 HIAC Taker vs HBK

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 12:21 pm 
The Master

are you going to watch sting vs. arn anderson vs. marko stunt on Dynamite this week?

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 12:22 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

are you going to watch sting vs. arn anderson vs. marko stunt on Dynamite this week?

Is that a real thing that's happening?

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 12:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... ich_match/

I love this. Paying tribute to the GOAT.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 12:23 pm 
The Master

JuanHamm wrote:

Is that a real thing that's happening?

it is...#1 contenders match for the TNT championship

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 2:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The Cage match wasn’t just a spotfest like most Bucks-Lucha matches. It was incredible, match of the night on a show that had a shitload of great matches.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 2:46 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Sounds like the whole show was really great.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 3:05 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

JuanHamm wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:

agreed on Punk

Omega is fine.i need to watch more really.

I'm just not a huge fan of the main event NJPW style of Big move - near fall - big move - near fall...etc

It works sometimes,but mostly I just find it tiresome. I'm probably the only one here who doesn't think the HBK vs Taker WrestleMania matches were any good. Give me 97 HIAC Taker vs HBK

The HIAC match is the best match of both of their careers.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 3:28 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

numbers wrote:
The Cage match wasn’t just a spotfest like most Bucks-Lucha matches. It was incredible, match of the night on a show that had a shitload of great matches.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon September 06, 2021 3:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
Sounds like the whole show was really great.

A couple less than stellar matches, but the overall feel after finishing the show, was really good. Great ppv.

PostPosted: Wed September 08, 2021 12:13 am 
Rank This Poster

We just bought n watched it.. but yeah it was a really good show from top to bottom

PostPosted: Thu October 07, 2021 2:16 pm 
The Master

I'll never get sick of hearing Punk come out to Cult of Personality...it's just perfect

PostPosted: Sat November 13, 2021 11:58 pm 
The Master

Hoping to find a stream this evening...

PostPosted: Sun November 14, 2021 12:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

That was a great pvv. One of the best ever from AEW.

PostPosted: Sun November 14, 2021 11:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Another great show, Punk-Kingston was perfect. AEW is as good right now as any wrestling promotion has ever been for me.

PostPosted: Tue November 16, 2021 3:57 am 
Future Drummer

haven't posted in here in awhile, but i went to rampage and full gear here in minneapolis. i don't think i've watched a full episode of any aew show in the two years or whatever since it has been around, though i did watch the last ppv to see cm punk's return, and have pretty much only read r/squaredcircle/prowrestling.net recaps and video clips to keep up with aew. so i didn't go to these shows as an established aew fan, just as a wrestling fan wanting to see what the new kid in town was like in person and to see cm punk and bryan danielson again. and it was fun! great f'n wrestling! great experience! would do again without question! but it's still very much a wrestling fan's promotion and has yet to find the wrestler(s) or presentation that will carry it to a broader audience and keep it there. i hope it does, though, because i can barely stomach what wwe is doing these days. at heart i am a wwe guy, but these last few years especially have been rough, and these days i don't even watch their shows, either, i just follow recaps and watch an occasional ppv (an aside: the wwe network move to peacock has made me watch even less wwe content than i already was). we've got a wwe raw coming to town here in a couple weeks and i'm barely excited to go to that. and the rebranding of nxt into nxt 2.0 basically sent me the message that they aren't changing anything any time soon. i feel like a wrestling fan stuck in kind of a no-man's land where nothing is truly keeping my attention, and i don't think i am alone there.

PostPosted: Tue November 16, 2021 10:59 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Does it have to cultivate the casual fan though? They’ve catered to hardcore wrestling fans thus far and they are already profitable and have a strong tv deal. I’d say keep doing what you’re doing. I don’t think the casual fan really exists anymore, they certainly haven’t watched wwe in about 20 years if they do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 294  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports