The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 290  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 12:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

It was enjoyable show with good matches, the mixed Tag far exceeded my expectations, but a lot of head scratching booking decisions.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 12:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Also, this show is way too fucking long. You can’t expect people to stay into a show for that long.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 12:41 pm 
A Return To Form

It was definitely too long, but I'm not sure what you could have cut.

MOTN for me was Asuka vs Charlotte.

I wonder how differently the main event would have been received if the crowd had known that finish.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 1:26 pm 
AnalLog

Charlotte ending Asuka's streak felt very premature...she didn't really need the rub, but I guess this is their way of keeping Asuka on Raw going forward?

I still think Rousey is going to kill or maim someone with the way she works...though at least last night her stuff was somewhat passable

I thought they gave Bliss way too much offense against Nia...

So with Brock going over does that mean he's staying? Or is he dropping the belt to someone returning from injury tonight (i.e. Joe?)? I'm legitimately shocked Reigns didn't go over...you work that hard to finally get him over, and he finally starts to gain some traction and even some sympathy, only to have him job out at the end of it? Good grief

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 1:27 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

It just shouldn’t be that long to begin with, I understand they want to get everyone on the show but it should only have 8 matches or so.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 1:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I am shocked by the Roman thing as well, but I really feel like it’s time to shit or get off the pot here. If this is just another ploy they think will get him over I’m going to puke. Either turn him heel or move on, this can’t go on for a 5th consecutive year.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 1:39 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:
I am shocked by the Roman thing as well, but I really feel like it’s time to shit or get off the pot here. If this is just another ploy they think will get him over I’m going to puke. Either turn him heel or move on, this can’t go on for a 5th consecutive year.

Like I said, the worst part of it is is it was starting to work...people are sick of Lesnar and his part time stuff, and using that to build Reigns was getting him over...oh well...Reigns will remain in the title picture for sure going forward, but I'd like to think even Vince has to realize that the "Roman is the next huge star" thing has sailed, at least for now

Oh, and the worst part of the show last night was Strowman and his "mystery partner"...who booked that shit?

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 1:49 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

No surprise, the NXT show was better than Wrestlemania.

WM was fine, but AJ-Nakamura should have been given more time. As entertaining as the mixed tag was it could have been shorter. This card had the potential to be really good, but fell flat.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 3:17 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I still to this day think that if you turned Roman and gave him Heyman that he would be over and ready for the top guy push in a year or less.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 4:15 pm 
The Beef

The first half of this show was great, the main events really shit the bed. I was so excited for Styles/Nakamura as well :/

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 6:14 pm 
Future Drummer

around the time the daniel bryan match was ending i said to my friend watching with me that this could be one of the best wrestlemanias ever (caveat: we did not watch the preshow). matches to that point were good to great and the key ones exceeded expectations/had the surprise factors going for them. plus the crowd was really fueling a lot of the excitement that was there throughout these matches. but that last hour-plus was a complete drag. nia/bliss, while good, was about 5 minutes too long. styles/nakamura was also good but was just kind of there, and the post-match seemed to indicate this was phase one of a longer plan, so at least there's more to come with potential for a better match down the road. the strowman thing was just bad. cool idea, but maybe worthy of a lower ppv which to pull this stunt off at, not at mania. and lesnar/reigns... six f-5s? really? the outcome was unexpected, but the match itself, or the design anyway, just stunk. lesnar/goldberg last year showed you can get a skeptical and eager-to-boo crowd behind what's going on. obviously both failed to do that here.

i'd give the first 3-4 hours of wm34 probably an 8-9 out of 10, i enjoyed it that much, and it could have easily been a top 5 mania if it stopped there. but the remainder was so blah that the overall show probably falls back to a middle-of-the-road ranking. lots to like that was done well, nothing truly awful, but also a bit of a let down all things considered.

i thought asuka/rousey was going to be the match that would be built to potentially headline mania in a years time if everything aligned over the next 12 months. but charlotte/rousey certainly also has that potential, and i really do hope they can pull it off.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 8:51 pm 
Rank This Poster

From what I read, they want to make Charlotte credible to beat rousey, and snapping the streak strengthens her.. they aren't as interested in Asuka rousey because she don't have the star power of cf

Why the hell didn't they heel turn nakamura like this right after the rumble leading into the match?? Stupid.. would a made the storyline way more interesting

The Brock Roman match was garbage.. I kinda figured all of the ufc talk was a swerve.. but besides for that I'm not sure there were moves other than the 2 main ones that each guy uses

I thought it was OK overall.. the beginning matches were great.. mixed tag was awesome.. not sure how to take Braun n the kid.. funny n unique but not sure where they go from here with that

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 9:55 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So they are doing Brock/Roman again at the India show, so it looks like this was indeed just a ploy designed to get Roman cheered.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 10:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The Nakamura turn is one of the only booking decisions I liked. The match didn’t live up to expectations, but I feel like they can get it there at a future PPV. I’d rather do the face v face match first then have Nak turn, gives the feud more depth.

PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 11:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

5 hours is definitely too long but if they insist on that much it would be nice to start at 6, im getting too old for being up past midnight and being up at 6 the next day lol

i missed the guys battle royal so not sure if it was any good
balor coming out last and not being the demon was a bit disappointing but the match was great
Loved the Asuka/Charlotte match but while CF is deserving of ending the streak i dont think now was the time
i haven't watched much wrestling at all this year aside from the PPVs so no idea if there are any kind of plans in place for Daniel Bryan but i loved seeing him back, hope its gonna be for real
what the hell was with the taker/cena match??
do they ever want to capitalize on over wrestlers? how does Rusev not win that match? the India tour?
terrible raw tag match, decent smackdown tag match but i just didn't really care unfortunately .
i agree with whoever said AJ/Nakamura match was the biggest letdown, not sure what was up but it wasnt awful but should have been match of the year candidate
mixed tag wasnt bad, but i couldnt stop focusing on how uncomfortable Angle looks, its kinda scary to watch him in the ring now. rousey was surprisingly decent
i was actually kinda excited to see Reigns Beat the shit out of Brock after taking lots of punishment first of course, id still be bored with Reigns over all but by far the worst booking of the night, no one likes Brock, Reigns is stale as hell but was deserving of looking strong in this feud, i just really hope this isnt to set up something like Brock/Lashley, i doubt ill give shit about /lashley either, if Brock drops the title to someone surprising tonight then ill be ok with it, my hope would be Balor or Joe if he is ready to be back.

thats all i remember for right now

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 6:31 am 
Future Drummer

stayed up past my bedtime to watch the wwe 24: raw 25 special, which was fine, but then was sucked in further by something called wwe chronicle: shinsuke nakamura that was also in the network’s ‘originals’ section that was released only a few days ago. how none of this was promoted is completely baffling. if you have 40 minutes and like the wwe documentary style shows, this is well worth your time. it sticks to kayfabe a bit more than usual, but not to any real fault.

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 1:55 pm 
The Master

i watched a good bit of raw for the first time in awhile...a bit taken aback at how over Elias is

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:03 pm 
The Master

Anyone watching the Andre the Giant doc on HBO tonight?

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:06 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:

i don’t have hbo

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:24 pm 
The Master

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

i don’t have hbo

I'm sorry for your loss.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 290  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports