The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 26960
Self wrote:
Needed new tires and accidentally bought 2.4s. I had been running 1.95s, I think? Things are fat, but I like them. Made sure I put them on before I blew them up. No way they woulda made it past the break pad.

You got rear suspension on that thing?

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8871
Location: PM me, I have everything.
Nope, just the front. Thing is old school. I air down in the woods, but I don't really know any better. I've had this thing forever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 26960
eh, I do all my riding on a hard tail. it's fine. and i prefer it in 99% of the situations im in. if i get rich i will buy a full suspension one day.

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 12744
Location: An office full of assholes
I’ve ridden both, and I much prefer hard tail. So much more control around right turns.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 26960
lol right turns?

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 12744
Location: An office full of assholes
Dev wrote:
lol right turns?

Tight!

Damn auto correct.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 26960
did not mention I went like 84-90km on Friday night. I started the GPS late so my distance is not perfect. should have been 85+ though.

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 14291
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
My kids have been super into these videos, but they won't try this stuff because they're pussiesl






_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 2821
Dev wrote:
did not mention I went like 84-90km on Friday night. I started the GPS late so my distance is not perfect. should have been 85+ though.

What kind of elevation are you doing on these rides? I suspect where you are isn’t very flat. I did 50km with 550 metres of elevation and that is about perfect for me. Happy to go up to 80km but not much more on elevation.

_________________
Think I’m going to try being kind to everyone a chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 26960
surfndestroy wrote:
Dev wrote:
did not mention I went like 84-90km on Friday night. I started the GPS late so my distance is not perfect. should have been 85+ though.

What kind of elevation are you doing on these rides? I suspect where you are isn’t very flat. I did 50km with 550 metres of elevation and that is about perfect for me. Happy to go up to 80km but not much more on elevation.

Na bud, I'm back in the prairies. I climbed 30 meters while the gps was on during that one lol. BUT we do have wind out here which you don't. It's not uncommon for us to face up to 50km headwinds. Was gusting at 70 one day a week ago.

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 2821
Dev wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
Dev wrote:
did not mention I went like 84-90km on Friday night. I started the GPS late so my distance is not perfect. should have been 85+ though.

What kind of elevation are you doing on these rides? I suspect where you are isn’t very flat. I did 50km with 550 metres of elevation and that is about perfect for me. Happy to go up to 80km but not much more on elevation.

Na bud, I'm back in the prairies. I climbed 30 meters while the gps was on during that one lol. BUT we do have wind out here which you don't. It's not uncommon for us to face up to 50km headwinds. Was gusting at 70 one day a week ago.

I get some headwinds by the ocean and when I bike through some farmland. I'll take the elevation thanks. There's at least an end in sight to it.

_________________
Think I’m going to try being kind to everyone a chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8871
Location: PM me, I have everything.
I'll take wind and elevation. Coupla cackling hens, over here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 26960
Wow

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 12744
Location: An office full of assholes
Self wrote:
I'll take wind and elevation. Coupla cackling hens, over here.

sick of your wife and daughter too?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8871
Location: PM me, I have everything.
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 05, 2020 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 26960
Biked 110km today

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Sat June 06, 2020 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 24338
Location: Illinois
My wife just got a bike and now is on me about getting one so we can go on rides together. Anyone got a good rec on a bike under 1000 to just go on lighter intensity rides? I'd also use it for a short office commute.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Sat June 06, 2020 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 2821
Dev wrote:
Biked 110km today

Impressive all on its own but even more with the 21km run the day before. Don’t your legs ever need a rest?

_________________
Think I’m going to try being kind to everyone a chance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Sat June 06, 2020 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 26960
surfndestroy wrote:
Dev wrote:
Biked 110km today

Impressive all on its own but even more with the 21km run the day before. Don’t your legs ever need a rest?

I actually wanted to go for 150 that day but my buddy ate some bad sushi and said he was gonna puke. I've been a pretty good place physically these days. Just my right ankle doing some bullshit.

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Biking Thread
PostPosted: Sat June 06, 2020 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 8871
Location: PM me, I have everything.
verb_to_trust wrote:
My wife just got a bike and now is on me about getting one so we can go on rides together. Anyone got a good rec on a bike under 1000 to just go on lighter intensity rides? I'd also use it for a short office commute.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat August 08, 2020 3:50 am