The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next

Who wins Super Bowl XLIX?
NEW ENGLAND 52%  52%  [ 12 ]
SEATTLE 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Re: 2014 NFL Season
PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 5:32 am 
mXn

Just a brutal play call. That's really all I can say. Two solid teams, evenly matched, down to the wire just like everyone predicted.

I really worry that Lynch bounces from Seattle now rather than extending (for BIG money!). I mean talk about taking a huge, sure-thing opportunity away from a guy and instead giving him a big middle finger.

There is nothing in the world of football that will ever make sense out of that call under those circumstances.

Ouch.

Pats put up 14 in the 4th so...credit where credit is due.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 5:35 am 
Future Drummer

Bammer wrote:
JPats put up 14 in the 4th so...credit where credit is due.
Two 4th quarter touchdowns. I din't see that coming. Kudos to the Pats.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 6:08 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I don't have a problem with a pass play there. But run a bootleg with Wilson and a TE or a fade, then if you don't get it, you still have 2 downs (with a TO) to run Lynch up the gut twice. DBs are fucking taught to jump the slant in those situations. An asinine playcall.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 7:01 am 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 8:19 am 
Future Drummer

i can't stop laughing at this.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 9:50 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

http://imgur.com/MNKOY1M

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 12:45 pm 
AnalLog

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 1:36 pm 
Rank This Poster

zeb wrote:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 2:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The Kearse catch was similar to Manningham's catch and Tyree's catch, which doomed the Pats. They've won Super Bowls on crazy plays and lost Super Bowls with crazy plays. Same as other teams (e.g. Rams vs. Titans/Pats).

What a Super Bowl. It's a cliche, but often times these big games come down to 1 or 2 plays. Whoever makes them, wins the game.

Congrats to Seattle and New England. If they played ten times, it'd be 5-5.

But the number I like today is: 4. :D

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 2:51 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

It was a great game marred by the worst call in NFL history. Unfortunately, that's what this game will be remembered for the most - not the Pats great comeback against one of the best defenses of all time.

Other SB classics that I can remember:
Giants-Bills
Broncos-Packers
Rams-Titans
Rams-Pats
Giants-Pats

I'd probably put the Broncos-Packers and Giants-Pats games as my favorites.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 2:56 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

so what poverty stricken place gets the seahawks superbowl champion shirts, detroit?

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 3:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

Peeps wrote:
so what poverty stricken place gets the seahawks superbowl champion shirts, detroit?

Portlandia.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 4:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The only thing more stupid than that playcall is their explanation as to why they did it.

Quote:
"We were conscious of how much time was on the clock, and we wanted to use it all," Bevell said.

Huh?

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

I can't really say anything more that's already been said. Every single person I've talked to thus far has made it unanimous in calling that play call boneheaded. All I can probably had that aside from the Seahawks fans at our party, everyone else seemed to have the attitude that this was the "who gives a shit" Super Bowl. Real weird feeling.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 5:04 pm 
The Master

Green Habit wrote:
I can't really say anything more that's already been said. Every single person I've talked to thus far has made it unanimous in calling that play call boneheaded. All I can probably had that aside from the Seahawks fans at our party, everyone else seemed to have the attitude that this was the "who gives a shit" Super Bowl. Real weird feeling.

Yeah, very little excitement around here for these two teams.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 5:41 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

The Onion is the best.

God: "Fuck Russell Wilson"

THE HEAVENS—Following the game-ending interception against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX, God Almighty, Creator and Supreme Ruler of the Universe, confirmed Monday that He “can’t fucking stand Russell Wilson” and that the Seattle Seahawks star quarterback “can go fuck himself.” “I hate Russell Wilson, so fuck him, and fuck the Seahawks,” said the Heavenly Father, adding that Jermaine Kearse’s incredible catch on Seattle’s final drive was indeed a case of divine intervention, but only so Wilson could then throw an interception that cost his team the Super Bowl. “I mean, the look on his face right after I made him throw that pick on the goal line was just priceless. He’s so fucking annoying, so I wanted to get his hopes up and then crush him in front of the whole world. Self-righteous little prick.” Despite subsequently allowing the Patriots to win their fourth Super Bowl title, God also clarified that Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Kraft are all “dirty fucking cheats” who will spend an eternity in Hell after they die.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

turned2black wrote:
The Onion is the best.

God: "Fuck Russell Wilson"

THE HEAVENS—Following the game-ending interception against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX, God Almighty, Creator and Supreme Ruler of the Universe, confirmed Monday that He “can’t fucking stand Russell Wilson” and that the Seattle Seahawks star quarterback “can go fuck himself.” “I hate Russell Wilson, so fuck him, and fuck the Seahawks,” said the Heavenly Father, adding that Jermaine Kearse’s incredible catch on Seattle’s final drive was indeed a case of divine intervention, but only so Wilson could then throw an interception that cost his team the Super Bowl. “I mean, the look on his face right after I made him throw that pick on the goal line was just priceless. He’s so fucking annoying, so I wanted to get his hopes up and then crush him in front of the whole world. Self-righteous little prick.” Despite subsequently allowing the Patriots to win their fourth Super Bowl title, God also clarified that Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and Robert Kraft are all “dirty fucking cheats” who will spend an eternity in Hell after they die.
I feel like this was a template that was used for Tim Tebow three seasons ago and for Kurt Warner on a couple occasions.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 5:52 pm 
Rank This Poster

Green Habit wrote:

First year ever that I did not watch a snap of the Super Bowl. Pitchers and catchers report this month. All is right with the world.

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 6:27 pm 
AnalLog

great game! My favorite two moments were watching Kurt Warner deliver the trophy to Brady and Kraft getting drunker by the post game interview. like an awesome downward spiral

PostPosted: Mon February 02, 2015 6:30 pm 
Rank This Poster

#LegionofGloom

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports