Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: NBA Thread

Thu January 14, 2021 4:34 am

Kyrie's not coming back anytime soon. He's being all whiny and flat earthy and shit

Thu January 14, 2021 6:22 am

I'm sure the Nets are hoping the Harden trade inspires him. Durant can play off ball. It can work theoretically. I still don't think it will.

Thu January 14, 2021 6:43 am

verb_to_trust wrote:I'm sure the Nets are hoping the Harden trade inspires him. Durant can play off ball. It can work theoretically. I still don't think it will.

It's a fantasy team. Not sure it will work either as a functional basketball team in crunch time.

Thu January 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Very happy the Cavs were able to get in on this and get their center for the next few years while parting with relatively little. Now they need to find someone to take Drummond off their hands.

Thu January 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Joesanity wrote:Very happy the Cavs were able to get in on this and get their center for the next few years while parting with relatively little. Now they need to find someone to take Drummond off their hands.

For real. Cavs and Pacers swooped in and won this trade.

Thu January 14, 2021 2:39 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I'm sure the Nets are hoping the Harden trade inspires him. Durant can play off ball. It can work theoretically. I still don't think it will.

I think its more likely the shit fit is because he knew Harden was coming.

Thu January 14, 2021 2:44 pm

bada wrote:

Sounds like teams/executives around the league thought a Philly trade was more likely in the days leading up to the trade.

Thu January 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

Sounds like teams/executives around the league thought a Philly trade was more likely in the days leading up to the trade.

Bro 4 team trades don't just happen. They were working on that for weeks.

Thu January 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Theory: They ran it by Kyrie he said no they said they are gonna do it anyways he took his ball and went home.

Thu January 14, 2021 3:14 pm

bada wrote:Theory: They ran it by Kyrie he said no they said they are gonna do it anyways he took his ball and went home.

Idk. If that was the case they really should have just trade Kyrie and kept their other guys. I'd be much more scared of a team with KD, Harden, Lavert, and Allen than this team.

My theory is the exact opposite, which is that Kyrie was sitting out demanding the Harden trade. I'm probably wrong because nothing has come out since the trade to support that theory, but it was my theory before the trade so I'm sticking with it for now.

Thu January 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Of course I really don't KNOW but it seems to me Kyrie has been trying to be a leader of a team since Cleveland and he keeps leaving places trying to find a situation where he's in charge. Now he's the third best player on the team he tried to build and basically Chris Bosh. He's pissed.

Thu January 14, 2021 3:21 pm

I'm really regretting taking Kyrie in our fantasy league. He'll probably retire next year.

Thu January 14, 2021 3:24 pm

My favorite Kyrie story is one day he walked into Brad Stevens office sat down looked Brad in the eye and asked him what does government mean to you? Brad taken aback gives one of his white bread answers and Kyrie says No! Government means power and walks out. Kyrie wants to be in charge.

Thu January 14, 2021 3:26 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I'm really regretting taking Kyrie in our fantasy league. He'll probably retire next year.

My team is unlikeable enough already so thank you for taking him and not forcing me to do it.

Thu January 14, 2021 3:59 pm

bada wrote:My favorite Kyrie story is one day he walked into Brad Stevens office sat down looked Brad in the eye and asked him what does government mean to you? Brad taken aback gives one of his white bread answers and Kyrie says No! Government means power and walks out. Kyrie wants to be in charge.

Is this a true story? Jeez.

Thu January 14, 2021 4:51 pm

4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:My favorite Kyrie story is one day he walked into Brad Stevens office sat down looked Brad in the eye and asked him what does government mean to you? Brad taken aback gives one of his white bread answers and Kyrie says No! Government means power and walks out. Kyrie wants to be in charge.

Is this a true story? Jeez.

That was one of the stories that was going around when he left Boston. I guess there is way worse stuff but the word is they are keeping it under wraps out of fear that if they spill it will turn off players.

Thu January 14, 2021 5:13 pm

Joesanity wrote:Very happy the Cavs were able to get in on this and get their center for the next few years while parting with relatively little. Now they need to find someone to take Drummond off their hands.

What's wrong with Drummond?

Thu January 14, 2021 5:13 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

It's a fantasy team. Not sure it will work either as a functional basketball team in crunch time.

People are all like : Durant will play the 5 he's a great defender when he wants to be

Thu January 14, 2021 6:23 pm

My students think the Nets won the chip yesterday. They have so much to learn.

Thu January 14, 2021 7:28 pm

4/5 wrote:My students think the Nets won the chip yesterday. They have so much to learn.

Too much 2k
Post a reply