Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: NBA Thread

Wed June 13, 2018 6:22 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Tatum has superstar potential.

Yeah and that'd be different. MD said Brown, Rozier, and Smart.

Wed June 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:I wonder what the Celtics offered for kawhi in February?

Yeah I was annoyed when I clicked the link and it didn't say what the offer was. What a useless "report".

My guess:

Jaylen Brown, Rozier or Smart, and one or both of Sacramento and Memphis' 2019 picks. Would be a fair deal for both sides if they included both picks.

Danny doesn't do fair trades. He tries to not only win but kill on trades. I bet Brown and the Sacramento pick were not involved. Rozier, Morris and any pick but the Sacramento pick....maybe some other junk to make the money work.

Wed June 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Which is why S.A. didn't even respond. :-)

Wed June 13, 2018 6:40 pm

bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:I wonder what the Celtics offered for kawhi in February?

Yeah I was annoyed when I clicked the link and it didn't say what the offer was. What a useless "report".

My guess:

Jaylen Brown, Rozier or Smart, and one or both of Sacramento and Memphis' 2019 picks. Would be a fair deal for both sides if they included both picks.

Danny doesn't do fair trades. He tries to not only win but kill on trades. I bet Brown and the Sacramento pick were not involved. Rozier, Morris and any pick but the Sacramento pick....maybe some other junk to make the money work.

Idk, I think that's just how it looks since he's been on the receiving end of a few obscenely good deals. He's also lucked out on deals that he wanted not going through.

Why even pick up the phone and make an offer Kawhi if it involves borderline rotation guys and no good pick?

Wed June 13, 2018 6:40 pm

I should have said rotation/borderline starters not borderline rotation guys.

Wed June 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Bunch of reasons. They didn't know how bad the disconnect was between Pop and Khawai....superstars go for pennies on the dollar when they get traded....why offer more than you have too...offer low and see the counter offer. Negotiating 101.

Wed June 13, 2018 6:51 pm

The art of the deal

Wed June 13, 2018 6:55 pm

bada wrote:Bunch of reasons. They didn't know how bad the disconnect was between Pop and Khawai....superstars go for pennies on the dollar when they get traded....why offer more than you have too...offer low and see the counter offer. Negotiating 101.

Or come so insultingly low that the other side decides you aren't worth talking to. A team doesn't have to actually make an offer to try and feel the other team out, they can open a dialogue.

Offering a team your 8th or 9th best player and a moderate future draft pick for a superstar doesn't seem like a winning strategy in the slightest.

Wed June 13, 2018 6:56 pm

You don't want to be like Obama and figure out what the opposition wants and offer it in your opening bid with the idea that we are all grown ups and are both getting something and then be surprised when they ask for more.

Wed June 13, 2018 6:59 pm

bada wrote:You don't want to be like Obama and figure out what the opposition wants and offer it in your opening bid with the idea that we are all grown ups and are both getting something and then be surprised when they ask for more.

Did we ever find out what Ainge had on Billy King? Must have been one heckuva disturbing tape.

Wed June 13, 2018 7:03 pm

4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:You don't want to be like Obama and figure out what the opposition wants and offer it in your opening bid with the idea that we are all grown ups and are both getting something and then be surprised when they ask for more.

Did we ever find out what Ainge had on Billy King? Must have been one heckuva disturbing tape.

Probably a dick pic.

Wed June 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Well we are talking about a guy whose number was retired at BYU Billy was probably star struck.

Wed June 13, 2018 8:38 pm

bada wrote:Well we are talking about a guy whose number was retired at BYU Billy was probably star struck.

Jimmer?

Wed June 13, 2018 8:47 pm

So supposedly Draymond thinks he is worth a supermax deal?

Wed June 13, 2018 10:38 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:So supposedly Draymond thinks he is worth a supermax deal?

Supposedly he took $12m less so they could get KD. If that's the case he won them the last two titles, so he deserves it just for that if nothing else.

Wed June 13, 2018 11:55 pm

Brown has superstar potential, but not as much as Tatum.

Thu June 14, 2018 2:38 am

verb_to_trust wrote:So supposedly Draymond thinks he is worth a supermax deal?

When’s he going to North Korea and Pearl Jam shows?

Thu June 14, 2018 3:16 am

Leaving 12 mil on the table just to guarantee a first place finish is the most dumbass millennial thing ever.

Thu June 14, 2018 4:08 am

I don't want to sign Draymond to anything close to a supermax. Offer him the extension this year, hope he takes it. If not, see how Bell develops this next season, and then make a decision. Teams aren't going to have the space, nor will be lining up to offer him a deal even close to that.

Thu June 14, 2018 5:10 am

Lacob was basically saying he was just going to bend over and let the roster write their own checks at the parade. The warriors have one more title next year then it's a wrap.
Post a reply