The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 8:23 pm 
The Master

I didn't even open that shit. They just want the clicks.

PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 8:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

OK then.

Big Baller Brand Gets 'F' Rating From Better Business Bureau
Quote:
Bad news for the Big Ballers.

As if LaVar Ball's comments about Luke Walton losing control of the Lakers weren't already enough bad publicity for the family, the Big Baller Brand was given an "F" rating by the Better Business Bureau.

Big Baller Brand was given one out of five stars based on the 44 product reviews on the Better Business Bureau, which were all labeled as "negative."

"BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints," the Better Business Bureau writes about Big Baller Brand. "Specifically, customer complaints allege that after placing an order they experience a delay of weeks or even months to receive their order. Some consumers are also alleging receiving the incorrect item(s) or not receiving item(s) at all. Consumers are also alleging poor customer service as company does not provide a phone number where consumers can contact them and when emailing the company consumers receive a generic email in response or no response at all. On November 8, 2017 BBB notified the business of our concerns and requested their voluntary cooperation in eliminating the pattern of consumer complaints. As of today, the business has not responded to our request."

The complaints against Big Baller Brand on the Better Business Bureau website start in April of 2017. The bulk of the reviews however did not start coming in until December, with consumers from across the globe advising readers to avoid buying any products from LaVar Ball's company.

Some reviews go as far as to say that the company is a scam that is just stealing people's money. With no costumer service to call and the amount of customer emails that went unanswered, it certainly doesn't look good for Big Baller Brand.

One review dated Dec. 13 reads, "I have made two orders. Both back in November. I still have not received a tracking number or an update. I have sent multiple messages because there is no phone number to call of course. They sent back one generic email saying they would check with USPS and never heard anything back. I want my money back or else my product. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SO CALLED COMPANY."

This review from Jan. 2 details how a customer has had problems getting one of the Big Baller Brand signature sneakers, one of the issues many people thought would hurt the company when it was initially launched.

"I'm a big fan of Lavar Ball and Big Baller Brand, so naturally when the Melo Ball 1's came out I was going to order them," the review says. "I ordered them in November because the site said 'shipping by December 23'. I look on the site on December 24, it now says 'shipping by February 23'... No email from the company or anything! In that same order I also purchased a shirt, expecting them to ship separately since the shoes allegedly wouldn't come out for another month. No shirt, no shoes, no nothing. I'm pretty disappointed in spending $450 on the shoes and shirt and I just want my merch or my money back."

Blair Looney, the CEO of the Better Business Bureau, told TMZ the company has reached out to the Big Baller Brand twice to help fix the issues but received no response. Looney told TMZ this is "substandard normal business practices for anybody."

With the $495 starting price for the ZO2's, the $395 starting price for the Melo Ball 1's and the $220 starting price for the ZO2 slides, you would think Big Baller Brand would have enough money to get a phone to reach people. But here we are.

At least Lonzo is playing a lot better recently (shooting 42.9 percent from three over his last eight games) and LaMelo and LiAngelo get started soon. Maybe watching the Ball family playing basketball will make everyone forget they don't have the gear they ordered.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 1:44 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

So the Celtics last played on Sat Jan 6th. Their next game isn't till Thurs Jan 11th at 3:00PM (wtf 3:00pm?) then not again till Tues Jan 16th. Then they are back (with the exception of the All-Star break) to games every day or other day for the rest of the season. Who comes up with these schedules?

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 3:19 pm 
Gone

Danny comes up with the schedule.

IT looked like shit last night. He appears to be carrying a beer gut.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 5:25 pm 

Oh I get it now Philly and Boston are going to London.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 6:56 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

That Wolves win over the Cavs last night was a serious shit kickin beat down.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 7:00 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Also, that karate chop to the throat that IT put on Wiggins was pretty brutal.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 7:20 pm 
Gone

IT is a bitch

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 2:55 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
IT is a bitch

And a midget...

Another bit on Lavar Ball and the media's obsession with him:

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 3:20 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

hasn't Kerr used his platform to talk about politics? I mean, I guess I agree with him on the Ball thing, but stfu if you are going to come at me with politics then

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 3:24 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
hasn't Kerr used his platform to talk about politics? I mean, I guess I agree with him on the Ball thing, but stfu if you are going to come at me with politics then

He talks about politics sometimes when asked.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 3:26 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

He talks about politics sometimes when asked.

He beats people over the head with politics. You can't get that weasel looking drug addict to shut up. He has two modes: jokey popovich ripoff and soapbox bleeding heart liberal

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 3:28 pm 
Gone

Anyone see that pic of Gordon Haywards ankle? Some comments I saw were positive but to me it's a clear sign Max Hayward is done. He looks like a club footed war veteran now.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 3:44 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Anyone see that pic of Gordon Haywards ankle? Some comments I saw were positive but to me it's a clear sign Max Hayward is done. He looks like a club footed war veteran now.

When did you earn your medical degree?

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 3:56 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

once his bmi was under 19

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 5:14 pm 

Verb's like Stephen A Smith saying Hayward shouldn't come back this season because when he broke his ankle LeBron James started tearing up and Dwayne Wayne got on one knee and started praying so he should sit out the year cause it looked real bad. Thanks Doc.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 5:54 pm 
Gone

Its ignorant as hell to want him to play this season. Wait until next year and be happy with the 12 points per game he will avg the rest of his career.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 5:59 pm 

Well the Bulls run their organization like its 1988 so I understand why you'd think sports medicine is stuck in the 80s too.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 6:04 pm 
The Master

And the Celtics totally seem like the organization that would get him to play as early as possible. They are very impatient.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 6:16 pm 
Gone

The Celtics only employ white doctors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports