The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Mon January 09, 2017 11:23 pm 
RM Elitist

Damn. This thread just went all 'Player A v Player B'

PostPosted: Mon January 09, 2017 11:35 pm 
Gone

Ignore player B

PostPosted: Mon January 09, 2017 11:38 pm 
The Master

Player C is better.

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 4:44 am 
Gone

I hope Derrick is okay

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 3:14 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

verb_to_trust wrote:
I hope Derrick is okay

It's weird, half the people are hoping he's okay, and half the people think he's pouting about being demoted. Who knows.

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 4:50 pm 
Gone

pnjguy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I hope Derrick is okay

It's weird, half the people are hoping he's okay, and half the people think he's pouting about being demoted. Who knows.

I'd be interested to know if starting Jennings was the plan before he took off or just something they had to do when he didn't show up.

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 7:32 pm 
Gone

Derrick Rose will play Wednesday. #thereturn

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 7:35 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Derrick Rose will play Wednesday. #thereturn

I hopes he's a DNP - CD

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 8:00 pm 
Gone

Bulls Knicks is coming up soon again

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 8:56 pm 

the 30 for 30 on Derrick Rose is going to be great.

"What if i told you winning an MVP award would derail your career and ultimately let down your hometown?"

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 9:03 pm 
Gone

The MVP didn't derail a thing. Tearing up his knees did though.

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 9:18 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
The MVP didn't derail a thing. Tearing up his knees did though.

The knees yes, but the undeserved MVP put him on a pedestal he could never sustain.

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 9:24 pm 
Gone

He was still murdering guys in his match up nightly in the lockout year. People forget fast.

PostPosted: Tue January 10, 2017 9:38 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
He was still murdering guys in his match up nightly in the lockout year. People forget fast.

I was there, i remember. But he was fading. The injuries were piling up. Only so much a 6'2" guy who can't shoot could do.

Amazing little brother Jimmy Butler is putting up better numbers than Rose ever did.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 12:51 am 
Gone

pnjguy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I was there, i remember. But he was fading. The injuries were piling up. Only so much a 6'2" guy who can't shoot could do.

Amazing little brother Jimmy Butler is putting up better numbers than Rose ever did.

Some out of town guy who watches Sportscenter clips would hold jimmy up on superstar level I guess. The Bulls are a bad to average basketball team. Jimmy's numbers reflect that as much as they reflect his hard work. He's a really good player but the entire situation is fucked. Plus, he's corny and annoying.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 4:47 am 
Gone

Jimmy Johns dunking on curry tonight was a thing of beauty.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 5:32 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
pnjguy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Some out of town guy who watches Sportscenter clips would hold jimmy up on superstar level I guess. The Bulls are a bad to average basketball team. Jimmy's numbers reflect that as much as they reflect his hard work. He's a really good player but the entire situation is fucked. Plus, he's corny and annoying.

We get it, you don't like Jimmy's personality for some reason. That's skewing your objectively on how he's rated as a player. Other players around the league and people who cover the game for a living disagree with you. You're on an island by yourself on this one.

The entire situation is fucked because the front office decided to surround Butler with 2 has-been's that can't shoot. They're starting to figure out that was the wrong.

The fact is Butler has always been bet against and he continues to prove people like yourself wrong. Now, if you want to give me 2 lottery picks, a starter and a rotation player, sure. But that's not going to happen. They fact that Butler is under control and at a bargain price has to be included in the analysis.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 7:23 pm 
Gone

I know exactly who Jimmy is as a player. Very good, not great, will never win a championship as the best player on his team. As the Bulls are presently constructed, their only path to winning a title would have to be building around Butler. Since we've established that to be impossible, the best alternative would be a massive haul in a trade. Since that won't happen either, Bulls fans will just have to sit in basketball hell for 5 years or so.

Everyone, including those within the org, knew how stupid it was to sign rondo and to a lesser extent Wade. Wade was a PR move with the hope he could recruit free agents down the road. To say the org is 'starting to realize they made a mistake' shows a lack of understanding of how the Chicago Bulls do business.

This bulls thing is completely over until they luck into a superstar via draft.

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 7:39 pm 
The Master

I feel like I hear the phrase he's a top ten player a lot. Who are everyone's top 10 players in the league right now?

Mine:
1. Lebron
2. KD
3. Harden
4. Westbrook
5. Kawhi
6. Curry
7. Anthony Davis
8. Chris Paul
9. Paul George
10. Cousins

PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:41 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
I know exactly who Jimmy is as a player. Very good, not great, will never win a championship as the best player on his team. As the Bulls are presently constructed, their only path to winning a title would have to be building around Butler. Since we've established that to be impossible, the best alternative would be a massive haul in a trade. Since that won't happen either, Bulls fans will just have to sit in basketball hell for 5 years or so.

Everyone, including those within the org, knew how stupid it was to sign rondo and to a lesser extent Wade. Wade was a PR move with the hope he could recruit free agents down the road. To say the org is 'starting to realize they made a mistake' shows a lack of understanding of how the Chicago Bulls do business.

This bulls thing is completely over until they luck into a superstar via draft.

The Bulls aren't short of picks. They will have 2 first round picks this upcoming draft, and they own all of their first round picks in the future. Plus some sort of capspace next summer to build around Butler. If Butler was on the Nets, who have no picks, i could totally see them selling a Butler, or like Lopez which they're trying to do. Maybe the Bulls get lucky and one of those picks ends up being better than Butler. Maybe Lebron gets hurt one year and you find yourself with the best player in the East on your team. All probably won't happen but there is something to be said for being good not great versus perpetually awful like so many teams that have tanked or sold off assets for picks.

I've been a bulls fan all of my life, explain to me how they do business that i'm not grasping? They signed Rondo before they knew Wade was available, and because they needed a point guard of some kind. They're realizing something the rest of the league already knew that he can't play anymore. Now he's benched. They're also realizing that Butler is better than they thought. With the new CBA and paying franchise players way more to stay with their current teams, getting a guy like Butler back on your team is going to be even more improbable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports