The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1008, 1009, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014 ... 1047  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25222
Location: Mizzou
Giannis sure is shooting a lot of threes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Giannis sure is shooting a lot of threes.


It's a status symbol for these guys. Idiots like Giannis and Davis think it makes them more kingly to have the green light.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25222
Location: Mizzou
bada wrote:
How is Tatum supposed to be top 10 if he can’t score on Pat Connaughton?


This aged well


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11897
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
How is Tatum supposed to be top 10 if he can’t score on Pat Connaughton?


This aged well


Bro that was a horrible shot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 3:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25222
Location: Mizzou
bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
How is Tatum supposed to be top 10 if he can’t score on Pat Connaughton?


This aged well


Bro that was a horrible shot.



It went in. And he scored 30.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 72638
just saw that the pacers beat the knicks

_________________
Dev wrote:
I was abused by mods


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 17635
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Quick, name a franchise Jae Crowder hasn’t played for

_________________
If you’re reading this, you are an RMer in the year 2021 and you have some life decisions to make.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 24849
giannis should shoot 228 million practice free throws tomorrow


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 4:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
The Bulls are fucking awful. Launch Wendell Carter Jr into space.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 5071
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
How is Tatum supposed to be top 10 if he can’t score on Pat Connaughton?


This aged well


Bro that was a horrible shot.



It went in. And he scored 30.

Usually I think bada is too hard on Tatum but that shot was so bad it went in. Wade had one like that against the Warriors. Kobe did it against the Heat. Doesn’t make it a good shot. None of them called bank.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 5:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25222
Location: Mizzou
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
How is Tatum supposed to be top 10 if he can’t score on Pat Connaughton?


This aged well


Bro that was a horrible shot.



It went in. And he scored 30.

Usually I think bada is too hard on Tatum but that shot was so bad it went in. Wade had one like that against the Warriors. Kobe did it against the Heat. Doesn’t make it a good shot. None of them called bank.


He clearly shot it with a higher trajectory because of contest. Then got lucky. Doesn't really change his other contributions to the win.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 5:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
How is Tatum supposed to be top 10 if he can’t score on Pat Connaughton?


This aged well


Bro that was a horrible shot.



It went in. And he scored 30.

Usually I think bada is too hard on Tatum but that shot was so bad it went in. Wade had one like that against the Warriors. Kobe did it against the Heat. Doesn’t make it a good shot. None of them called bank.


He clearly shot it with a higher trajectory because of contest. Then got lucky. Doesn't really change his other contributions to the win.


Dude fuck jason tatum

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
How is Tatum supposed to be top 10 if he can’t score on Pat Connaughton?


This aged well


Bro that was a horrible shot.



It went in. And he scored 30.

Usually I think bada is too hard on Tatum but that shot was so bad it went in. Wade had one like that against the Warriors. Kobe did it against the Heat. Doesn’t make it a good shot. None of them called bank.


Even the Rose banker against the Cavs in the playoffs, while perfect in every other way, is slightly tainted by the bank factor.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25222
Location: Mizzou
Just calling it like I see it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 6:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
Why are there public address announcers at the games? There is no public. Although you can't rely on the Espn guys, who talk about how they think Lamelo Ball is going to be special in the fourth quarter of a close game that he's not playing in. Spoiler: Lamelo is going to bust. He's fucking awful.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Nice Beard
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Illinois
After watching Ben Simmons and Dwight Howard clank threes in pregame shoot around tonight I have an idea: a shot in the paint is worth 3 and behind the line is 2. It's the way forward.

_________________
Dick/Balls


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 24849
verb_to_trust wrote:
After watching Ben Simmons and Dwight Howard clank threes in pregame shoot around tonight I have an idea: a shot in the paint is worth 3 and behind the line is 2. It's the way forward.

Giannis would average 50 ppg on 80% shooting.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11897
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Just calling it like I see it.


With 8 secs left I told my oldest that Tatum is gonna dribble out the clock take a side step 3 over Freak and clang it off the backboard. Yeah it went in and yeah my kid now thinks I’m one of the worlds greatest basketball minds but I told him EVERYONE knew what Tatum was gonna do which is why Freak altered the shot so bad. If it was game 7 I’d be like you it went in who cares but at this point I’d rather he start making better choices cause now he thinks that was a good shot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 25222
Location: Mizzou
bada wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Just calling it like I see it.


With 8 secs left I told my oldest that Tatum is gonna dribble out the clock take a side step 3 over Freak and clang it off the backboard. Yeah it went in and yeah my kid now thinks I’m one of the worlds greatest basketball minds but I told him EVERYONE knew what Tatum was gonna do which is why Freak altered the shot so bad. If it was game 7 I’d be like you it went in who cares but at this point I’d rather he start making better choices cause now he thinks that was a good shot.


This logic applies to about 80-90 percent of the league though when it comes to game winners.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 24, 2020 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 11897
Yes the dribble out the clock hero ball bad shot is a epidemic in the league I say be better.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1008, 1009, 1010, 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014 ... 1047  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri April 23, 2021 9:34 am