The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1191, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195, 1196, 1197 ... 1226  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:53 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Just wow.

Let's relocate this team... maybe Seattle.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

is it wrong of me to get a jimmy butler sixers jersey in protest?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:33 pm 
See you in another life, brother

warehouse wrote:
is it wrong of me to get a jimmy butler sixers jersey in protest?

Not only is not wrong, you absolutely should do it.

Alternatively, you could get a "Tobias Harris over me!?!?!" shirt.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:22 pm 
The Master

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:26 pm 
Rank This Poster

He's the most likeable asshole in the NBA.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:14 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Grant Williams, the greatest pep talker in Miami Heat history

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:43 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I too am looking forward to the Miami Denver Finals, should be a lot of fun from 2 real "teams" that play team ball.

Denver have been my #2 team all season, but Miami are too much fun and have too much heart not to love.

Should be a good one.

I just hope the Celtics can regain some sort of pride and play hard all through game 4, regardless of what the score is. Trouble is they've shown absolutely nothing this series to make me believe they will. I worry that they are gonna go out in all time pathetic fashion.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:14 am 
The Master

What’s with LeBron running off the floor the last two nights at home? Such a sore loser.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:29 am 
The Master

spike wrote:
What’s with LeBron running off the floor the last two nights at home? Such a sore loser.

I don't know, but I'm sure glad they showed his entire walk from the court to the locker room, parking lot, and then to his house before showing the Nuggets celebrating.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:08 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:

I don't know, but I'm sure glad they showed his entire walk from the court to the locker room, parking lot, and then to his house before showing the Nuggets celebrating.

Lol. I was watching that and just thinking "Leave the dude alone man. He doesn't owe anyone anything here". Cringe production, but gotta flog the narrative to death yeah?

Also, if I was Ham I would have run LeDecoy and gone to Reaves for the game winning 3. Why the hell not?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:25 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Higgs wrote:
I too am looking forward to the Miami Denver Finals, should be a lot of fun from 2 real "teams" that play team ball.

Denver have been my #2 team all season, but Miami are too much fun and have too much heart not to love.

Should be a good one.

I just hope the Celtics can regain some sort of pride and play hard all through game 4, regardless of what the score is. Trouble is they've shown absolutely nothing this series to make me believe they will. I worry that they are gonna go out in all time pathetic fashion.

I saw on Twitter that Woj said the Celtics players never recovered or "got over" losing Ime at the start of the season. I will say that he was kind of like a father figure for those guys and losing him suddenly right at the jump must have been jarring.

If Ime was coaching tonight he'd have those guys ready to play. They better play hard and win.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:59 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Coach wrote:
Higgs wrote:

Should be a good one.

I saw on Twitter that Woj said the Celtics players never recovered or "got over" losing Ime at the start of the season. I will say that he was kind of like a father figure for those guys and losing him suddenly right at the jump must have been jarring.

If Ime was coaching tonight he'd have those guys ready to play. They better play hard and win.

they played the whole season without him and pretty much dominated but now that they are getting their asses handed to them they are going to use this as an excuse? fuk outta here. you lose by 1 or 20 it is still just a loss but how you dont even try in the 20 point loss is what is telling. they have given up

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:05 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:
Coach wrote:
Higgs wrote:

Should be a good one.

they played the whole season without him and pretty much dominated but now that they are getting their asses handed to them they are going to use this as an excuse? fuk outta here. you lose by 1 or 20 it is still just a loss but how you dont even try in the 20 point loss is what is telling. they have given up

I watched nearly every single regular season game and they had stretches where they stunk and only focused on individual honors. They need a grown ass man to coach them because they are a bunch of sensitive babies. It's only now being really exposed on a big stage. But trust me, these guys have been putrid to watch this season at times.

Still, I do think they win tonight.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:25 pm 

I'm going to become irrationally nervous about the series if the Celtics win tonight.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

4/5 wrote:
I'm going to become irrationally nervous about the series if the Celtics win tonight.

I still have hope. No team has won from 0 - 3. But 13 teams have won from 1 - 3!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Higgs wrote:
4/5 wrote:

I still have hope. No team has won from 0 - 3. But 13 teams have won from 1 - 3!

I would be nervous, too, if I were a Heat fan. More like an excited nervous, but still nervous.

Miami should win tonight. Take no chances.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:29 pm 

Coach wrote:
Higgs wrote:
4/5 wrote:

I would be nervous, too, if I were a Heat fan. More like an excited nervous, but still nervous.

Miami should win tonight. Take no chances.

Absolutely. I mean Miami has been clearly better through three games and it looked like the Celtics quit in game 3 but they win tonight and all of a sudden Boston has two out of three at home. They're still more talented and they're due to have a game where they make 19 threes and run Miami off the floor. I've seen no evidence that this will happen, but it seems like it should at least once.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:39 pm 
The Master

So, Lebron is considering retirement? How believable is this? Or is he just milking his "decision" for the attention?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I give Lebron a pass on this, clearly he's disappointed with how the season went. I actually believe him when he says he has a lot to think about, but he's also a big Brady fan and wants to go long like him.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

If Lebron plays into his 40s, he'll get another ring and it will be like his Jack Nicklaus 1986 Masters moment. It will be cool, I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1191, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195, 1196, 1197 ... 1226  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports