The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2013 2:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

haha, honey nut cheerios.

PostPosted: Fri January 11, 2013 4:02 am 
Gone

Barkley and the TNT guys had a good time with the Cheerios thing tonight. Kinda surprised they could openly make references to the alleged flavor of a woman's vagina.

PostPosted: Sat January 12, 2013 3:26 am 
Gone

Bulls smashing the Knicks again. Knicks are too reliant on three point shooting ( sorry Spike, the Bulls actually close out shooters). Its also a long season and they are.....old, really old.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 4:58 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

The Atlanta Hawks play by play guy just broadcast his 2000th consecutive game, a stretch that's in it 33rd season. What does it say that probably 90% of this town cannot tell you that his name is Steve Holman.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 5:26 pm 
Rank This Poster

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
The Atlanta Hawks play by play guy just broadcast his 2000th consecutive game, a stretch that's in it 33rd season. What does it say that probably 90% of this town cannot tell you that his name is Steve Holman.

Steve Holman is awesome. He is a really fun listen. Comes at it from the homer perspective (which is a lot more fun from the home team broadcast anyway) and he still scarcastically rips the Hawks when it's warranted.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 6:35 pm 
Gone

Electromatic wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

Steve Holman is awesome. He is a really fun listen. Comes at it from the homer perspective (which is a lot more fun from the home team broadcast anyway) and he still scarcastically rips the Hawks when it's warranted.

There is a lot to rip on.....they were disgraceful on many levels at the UC a few nights ago.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 6:43 pm 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

There is a lot to rip on.....they were disgraceful on many levels at the UC a few nights ago.

It was pretty funny, I wish I had the audio. I think they had 2 buckets in a quarter or something to go along with 3 techs.

PostPosted: Thu January 17, 2013 11:32 pm 
Gone

Electromatic wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Electromatic wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

It was pretty funny, I wish I had the audio. I think they had 2 buckets in a quarter or something to go along with 3 techs.

Yeah, they started dumping Bulls players with hard fouls. At one point Josh Smith was trash talking the Bulls bench......I don't know how Hawk fans deal with that guy. It was nice to see Kyle Korver though :)

PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 12:43 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i really hope the lakers dump dwight and d'antonio.

neither add anything but misery to the team

PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 12:53 pm 
See you in another life, brother

The d'Antoni hire was brutal.

PostPosted: Thu January 24, 2013 2:56 pm 
The Master

The Nets are certainly turning it around after dumping Avery...

PostPosted: Sat January 26, 2013 4:02 am 
Gone

Lebron is still a doosh but this is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Wed February 06, 2013 1:03 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 12:20 pm 

LeBron's last 5 games. :shock:

Quote:
MIAMI -- With 9:24 left in the fourth quarter in last Sunday’s game in Toronto, LeBron James took a fadeaway jumper off the left wing and it missed off the back iron.

He has gone 49-of-65 since.

Repeat: 49-of-65.

When alerted of those numbers after Miami Heat's win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday, James did a double-take in front of his locker.

“Forty-nine what, makes?” James asked.

Yeah, makes.

“Forty-nine of what?”

Forty-nine of last 65.

“S---, that’s pretty good,” James said.

Pretty good, indeed. But how exactly do we put 49-of-65 in proper perspective? Teammate Shane Battier said that task is impossible.

“You can’t, at least historically,” Battier said. “I don’t want to talk about it. It’s like blowing up a no-hitter.”

We’ll save that superstition for Battier because this streak is too remarkable to leave it be.

James is shooting 75.4 percent since that missed jumper in Toronto. He finished 4-of-4 that game and then shot 13-of-14 against Charlotte, 11-of-18 against Houston, 9-of-11 against the Los Angeles Clippers and, finally, 12-of-18 against the Lakers on Sunday.

He has shot better over his past 65 shots from the floor (75.4 percent) than he has at the free throw line this season (73.8 percent).

And those 65 shots haven’t been easy, nor have they always been in close proximity to the basket. Of his 49 makes, nine have come via dunk, including two alley-oops. But nine have come from beyond the 3-point arc.

“It is the same shot selection, they are just going in,” Heat center Chris Bosh said after the game.

Here’s a distance breakdown of those 65:

James is 32-of-36 (88.9 percent) on shots inside 15 feet.
Twenty-nine of his 65 shots have come from 15-plus feet. He is 17-of-29 (58.6 percent) on such shots.
His longest made shot was 27 feet away from the rim against the Clippers. His longest miss was the same distance (27 feet) against the Rockets.
The average shot distance of his 65 shots is 11.2 feet.
He is 21-of-23 on layups inside two feet.
He has made every one of his 11 shots from five to 15 feet.

Here’s how his 65 shots look when you write it out:

Make, make, make, make, make, make, make, make, make, make, make, make, miss, make, make, make, make, make, make, make, make, miss, make, miss, make, make, make, miss, make, make, make, make, miss, miss, miss, miss, make, make, make, make, make, make, miss, make, make, miss, make, make, make, miss, make, make, make, miss, make, miss, make, miss, make, make, miss, miss, make, make, make.

That’s 16 misses in all. There have been 49 instances this season when a player has missed at least 16 shots in a single game. Carmelo Anthony has eight of them; Kobe Bryant has seven; James Harden has two; Kevin Durant has two; James has none.

When has James been at his best during this stretch? He’s shooting 25-of-27 before halftime, missing a shot in both the first and second quarter. His worst quarter is the third quarter in which he has shot 57.7 percent. Actually, his jumper that he missed with 10:21 to go in the final frame against the Lakers? That was his first miss in the fourth quarter over this stretch. James had been a perfect 8-for-8 on fourth-quarter shots until then.

No, this streak hasn’t been easy. But when asked about James’ recent shooting streak after the win, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra paused for a bit and grinned.

“I say this to Miami fans, ‘Don’t take it for granted.’ He makes greatness look easy.”

PostPosted: Mon February 11, 2013 2:22 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

he has been unreal. t

the bickering that seems to center around DH is growing tiresome. he needs to go and pau needs to heal. plain and simple

PostPosted: Wed February 13, 2013 12:12 am 
AnalLog

changed hands in mid-air? nah, he sure didn't.

had both hands on the ball, decided to put it down with right hand not left.

nothing against you Blake, just all these crackpots on tv.

PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2013 3:47 pm 
The Master

Thunder/Heat tonight. Can't wait.

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2013 1:37 am 
Gone

Perk, Westbrook, Lebron, Wade.......even Durant has an attitude this year(one of the league leaders in T's)

I guess what i'm trying to say is: I don't like either of these teams

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2013 1:29 pm 

That was some horrible officiating. A couple of those T's on OKC were complete jokes, tons of ticky-tack personals on Miami, LeBron gets an elbow to the jugular and they call a double foul??!? What a cop out.

Other than that stuff, it was great to see Miami fully in control from start to finish. I know what the statline says, but Durant was a non-factor the majority of that game. I'm certainly not discounting OKC, and they're still clearly capable of taking 4 of 7 from Miami, but this just reaffirms to me again that the matchups play into Miami's favor.

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2013 4:16 pm 
The Master

Just a regular season game, but it does appear the Heat still have the matchup advantage.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports