The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716, 717 ... 1223  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 5:16 am 
Gone

ESPN trying to copy inside the NBA with this horrible foursome led by the most annoying person in sports broadcasting Michelle Beadle.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 12:56 pm 
Rank This Poster

The NBA is really fun to watch right now.

There's just a nice mix... the end of the LeBron era, the beginnings of the end of the Dubs dynasty and lots and lots of really great young players.

It's fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 1:53 pm 
Gone

Yeah Booker really put on a show last night. I have a friend who makes fun of how pointless the regular season is. Meanwhile, he is obsessed with SEC football where half the games are against D3 cupcakes. It makes no sense.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 1:59 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

verb_to_trust wrote:
Yeah Booker really put on a show last night. I have a friend who makes fun of how pointless the regular season is. Meanwhile, he is obsessed with SEC football where half the games are against D3 cupcakes. It makes no sense.

I live in the south. The SEC is the worst thing about college football. From the fans to the fanfare to the schools. Fuck the SEC and every school in it. Sorry if any of you are SEC graduates.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 2:06 pm 
Rank This Poster

I think that's why I like the Pac 12.

College sports fans out west tend to be more laissez faire about their fandom. We'd probably rather be at the beach or smoking weed in the woods somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 2:08 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Last night was a perfect microcosm of the Miami Heat. :shake:

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 2:15 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Who needs LeBron when you have Cedi :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 2:41 pm 
Gone

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I live in the south. The SEC is the worst thing about college football. From the fans to the fanfare to the schools. Fuck the SEC and every school in it. Sorry if any of you are SEC graduates.

Give me horrible examples

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 2:48 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Give me horrible examples

Well, unless you are an Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and sometimes Florida fan, your school sucks at at football and your fans have resorted to chanting "SEC! SEC!" in a bar when there is an SEC team that is not yours playing a non-SEC team.

On that same note, in South Carolina, where I live, an ACC school has been the dominate representative of the state for some time now. But Cocks fans still think they are far and away the better school and team than Clemson. Their argument? "SEC is the best conference in football".

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 3:33 pm 
The Master

can’t beat bama

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 4:59 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

What if I graduated from a Big 12 school that's now SEC?

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 5:03 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

yeah Missouri should be ok. I think your fans are fine. Don't let the bad rub off on you guys, though

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 5:14 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

yeah Missouri should be ok. I think your fans are fine. Don't let the bad rub off on you guys, though

Phew...

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 5:20 pm 
Gone

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

My SEC fanboi friend is a Mizzou alum living in Louisville and he acts like he's Clark Gable the southern gentleman.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 7:43 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

My SEC fanboi friend is a Mizzou alum living in Louisville and he acts like he's Clark Gable the southern gentleman.

how close are you guys?

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 10:35 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

That is annoying.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 10:40 pm 
Gone

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

how close are you guys?

He was in my wedding

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 10:49 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

how close are you guys?

He was in my wedding

if i ever get married you’ll probably have to be my best man

PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 1:27 am 
Gone

I'm tired of Jabuffet Porker already

PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 1:28 am 
Gone

verb_to_trust wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

how close are you guys?

He was in my wedding

if i ever get married you’ll probably have to be my best man

I'll do it but I'm not making a speech or planning a bachelor party.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716, 717 ... 1223  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports