The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 687, 688, 689, 690, 691, 692, 693 ... 1223  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 9:44 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

So is Memphis really willing to trade down to rid themselves of Parsons?

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 9:47 pm 
The Master

pnjguy wrote:
So is Memphis really willing to trade down to rid themselves of Parsons?

If they can get Luka, you have to do it.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 5:34 pm 
Gone

Myles Garrett knows what's up

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 6:21 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Khawi wants LA.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 6:34 pm 
Gone

Why not Warriors? You know the league is fucked when guys who previously had a good rep around the league are acting like weak ass millennials. Thanks KD

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 6:59 pm 

I have no doubt the Celtics can beat any offer but if Khawi says he won't resign with Boston I'd believe him. Guy sat out a entire season just to prove a point. It really sucks that the Lakers can make all the wrong moves for almost a decade and just fall into Khawi, Bron and George. Benefits of being the L.A. Lakers I guess.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 9:11 pm 
Gone

I hope he gets traded to the Magic

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 9:53 pm 
The Master

bada wrote:
I have no doubt the Celtics can beat any offer but if Khawi says he won't resign with Boston I'd believe him. Guy sat out a entire season just to prove a point. It really sucks that the Lakers can make all the wrong moves for almost a decade and just fall into Khawi, Bron and George. Benefits of being the L.A. Lakers I guess.

At least they got off the Mozgov contract.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 10:31 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

They still have luol deng

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 10:39 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

They still have luol deng

They'll stretch him I bet. I doubt any team is going to take on his contract to help out the Lakers, especially if they can sign a third superstar with the space.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 10:52 pm 

I think they already stretched him? I'm hoping for collusion and all the owners decide not to help the Lakers with Deng.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 10:53 pm 

Is there anything keeping the Celtics from using Baynes in a sign in trade...like give him a one year $20 million dollar deal to match salaries? There's gotta be some rule against that.

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 12:00 am 
See you in another life, brother

bada wrote:
Is there anything keeping the Celtics from using Baynes in a sign in trade...like give him a one year $20 million dollar deal to match salaries? There's gotta be some rule against that.

I’m definitely not a rules expert, but I think teams doing a sign and trade triggers a hard cap. Not sure if that’d matter in this case, but it makes sign and trades tough. It’s why cp3 opted in and got traded instead of doing a sign and trade. And anybody who signs a new contract can’t be traded until December. At least that was true last year.

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 12:01 am 

Just please not the Lakers or Celtics. Sigh.

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 12:04 am 

Yeah there is def the rule where when you sign you can't be traded till Dec but LeBron went to Miami on a sign and trade but maybe that was under the old CBA or it depends on other variables. Who knows?

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 12:08 am 

Miami was under the cap though....maybe that was it.

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 1:40 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I read this tonight, full post here: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/tak ... uture.html

Star free agents usually decline player options because doing so gives them a chance to earn a larger salary and to potentially secure a long-term deal if they so choose. However, in James’ case, his $35,607,968 player-option salary actually exceeds the projected maximum salary based on a $101MM cap ($35.35MM). As such, there may not be a strong incentive to opt out of his contract.

Exercising that player option would open up more doors for James this offseason. There are barely any teams around the league that project to have $35MM+ available in cap room to sign him outright as a free agent, but virtually any club could put together a trade package to acquire him if he opts in.

This situation is very reminiscent of Chris Paul‘s 2017. Widely expected to reach free agency, Paul instead picked up his 2017/18 player option before his late-June deadline in order to accommodate a trade to the Rockets, who didn’t have the cap space to sign CP3 outright.

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 2:50 am 

bada wrote:
Yeah there is def the rule where when you sign you can't be traded till Dec but LeBron went to Miami on a sign and trade but maybe that was under the old CBA or it depends on other variables. Who knows?

That was the old CBA and both he and Bosh did that so they could sign 5 year deals instead of 4. (That worked out great...they couldn’t just let the team they were going to have 4 first round picks? And then they opted out after year 4 anyway...sigh.)

This seems like a decent primer on the new CBA and sign and trades: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/05/why ... -rare.html

PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 1:39 pm 
The Master

Happy Draft week team.

I'm betting we have one or two big trades this week.

PostPosted: Mon June 18, 2018 1:43 pm 
Gone

Yeah I can see things getting crazy. I really want the Bulls to trade up to 4 with the Grizz. I'd happily take the Parsons contract if it meant getting Doncic or JJJ. It would be a better use of cap space than paying Zach LaVine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 687, 688, 689, 690, 691, 692, 693 ... 1223  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports