The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195, 1196, 1197, 1198 ... 1226  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:50 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Monkey_Driven wrote:
So, Lebron is considering retirement? How believable is this? Or is he just milking his "decision" for the attention?

I think he felt very physically diminished in these playoffs. Even compared to how he was earlier in the season before the injury he looked like a shell of himself. But he didn't say retirement, Chris Hayes said that, right? I think

1) He's thinking about not rushing a surgery/rehab thing and just waiting till January to start his season.

2) He's actually considering retiring for a year and then coming back in 2024 to play wherever Bronny is.

But I do believe that he feels more physically mortal than ever before and he has to at some level be grappling with whether he wants to continue playing at a diminished level.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:10 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Of all people, that dude is allowed to be tired.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:11 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
So, Lebron is considering retirement? How believable is this? Or is he just milking his "decision" for the attention?

I think he felt very physically diminished in these playoffs. Even compared to how he was earlier in the season before the injury he looked like a shell of himself. But he didn't say retirement, Chris Hayes said that, right? I think

1) He's thinking about not rushing a surgery/rehab thing and just waiting till January to start his season.

2) He's actually considering retiring for a year and then coming back in 2024 to play wherever Bronny is.

But I do believe that he feels more physically mortal than ever before and he has to at some level be grappling with whether he wants to continue playing at a diminished level.

This would be super lame. Option 1 seems perfectly reasonable, however. I'm not sure anyone would blame him if he did a 2-3 month regular season and geared up for the playoffs. We all know that these NBA reporters are just repeating what player agents are telling them (looking at you Shams and Woj).

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:27 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

This would be super lame. Option 1 seems perfectly reasonable, however. I'm not sure anyone would blame him if he did a 2-3 month regular season and geared up for the playoffs. We all know that these NBA reporters are just repeating what player agents are telling them (looking at you Shams and Woj).

Why would it be lame? If that's his only remaining NBA goal and he can feel himself breaking down this would be a way to give himself the best chance of doing it.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:27 pm 

It'd be lame if he did a Brady/Favre/Rodgers for whatever reason, if that's what you mean I agree.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Nice!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 5:00 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
What’s with LeBron running off the floor the last two nights at home? Such a sore loser.

I don't know, but I'm sure glad they showed his entire walk from the court to the locker room, parking lot, and then to his house before showing the Nuggets celebrating.

this really rubbed me the wrong way last night. the announcer mentions how denver is advancing to its first NBA finals as the horn goes off, and the cameras immediately pan away from the celebration to show bron bron.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 5:12 pm 

Coach wrote:
Nice!

3-1. Basically it's 3-3 now.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 5:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

4/5 wrote:
Coach wrote:
Nice!

3-1. Basically it's 3-3 now.

You are either on the verge of going to the NBA Finals or at the very beginning of a meltdown. I still think that Boston radio guy is going to end up nailing his pick, Heat in six.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 12:28 am 
Rank This Poster

Good luck, everyone.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:04 am 
The Master

I hope Bammer approved the uniforms tonight.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:06 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

congrats boston

the road to the finals W begins now

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:40 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Boston were better, especially their D, while Miami dropped off a little (kinda had to, no?).

Celtics were 17 up with 7 minutes remaining and I was still convinced they were gonna blow it and Miami were about to hit 6 threes in a row.

Miami will still win this but just glad to see some fight in the Celtics. Tatum was good, and I'm no Tatum stan. Brown still pretty much sucks, but at least he wasn't totally atrocious today.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:59 am 

Celtics made 19 threes and clogged the paint, forced turnovers. It seemed inevitable that the Celtics had to have a game like this, though their game 3 showing made me hope it wouldn't happen, so it's not a huge deal. When Miami was up 9 right before that 18-0 run they missed three point blank shots at the basket in a row right at the moment it felt like they might be able to stretch the lead and put it away. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:35 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

LeBron is the most calculated and thus lamest sports star, so he’ll definitely do this.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I agree with Barkley that Boston wins Game 5 at home and then Game 6 in Miami is like a Game 7.

I am proud of this team for avoiding the sweep. I understand there are no moral victories here, but a sweep would have been all-time pitiful.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:14 pm 
The Master

If a team was ever going to come back from a 3-0 deficit, this could be it. They are a deeper, more talented team with 2/3 games at home.

I don't think it will happen though.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:59 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Monkey_Driven wrote:
If a team was ever going to come back from a 3-0 deficit, this could be it. They are a deeper, more talented team with 2/3 games at home.

I don't think it will happen though.

It most likely won't happen but as you said, they have as good a chance as any team to do it. And ever since the Sox did it and then Pats overcoming the 28-3 3rd quarter lead, I just have to remain optimistic.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:11 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Coach wrote:
I am proud of this team for avoiding the sweep.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:53 pm 
Rank This Poster

As a Raptors fan, I am very familiar with rooting for those kind of moral victories.

Now I'm starting to get nostalgic for the LeBronto days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195, 1196, 1197, 1198 ... 1226  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports