The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1088, 1089, 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093, 1094 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu August 12, 2021 1:26 pm 
See you in another life, brother

bada wrote:
Just saw the Heat threw Haslem a few more million. Am I the only one that remembers Riley convinced him to take an massive pay cut with a wink wink he'd take care of him later and now he's still paying him off years after he was even a remotely serviceable NBA player. Can I get a commission to look at this blatant salary cap circumvention please?

The wink-wink refers to the bag he's going to get after retiring when he becomes a consultant. This is them liking him as a practice player-coach.

PostPosted: Thu August 12, 2021 1:46 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:
Just saw the Heat threw Haslem a few more million. Am I the only one that remembers Riley convinced him to take an massive pay cut with a wink wink he'd take care of him later and now he's still paying him off years after he was even a remotely serviceable NBA player. Can I get a commission to look at this blatant salary cap circumvention please?

The wink-wink refers to the bag he's going to get after retiring when he becomes a consultant. This is them liking him as a practice player-coach.

It's outrageous!

PostPosted: Thu August 12, 2021 2:29 pm 

bada wrote:
4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:

It's outrageous!

Dude averaged 48 and 12 per 36 mins last season and shot 100% from the field. The outrage is him not being MVP!!!!

PostPosted: Thu August 12, 2021 2:40 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:
4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:

It's outrageous!

Dude averaged 48 and 12 per 36 mins last season and shot 100% from the field. The outrage is him not being MVP!!!!

And 82 flagrant-2 fouls!

PostPosted: Thu August 12, 2021 3:20 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:
4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:

It's outrageous!

And 82 flagrant-2 fouls!

:lol:
Now, now, no need to exaggerate.

PostPosted: Thu August 12, 2021 11:04 pm 
Rank This Poster

Why is Ben Simmons a 3 time all star with a 170 million dollar contract?

He’s point guard Josh Smith. There’s nothing overly special about his game at all.

I do not understand how we got here, he’s pretty much the same guy from LSU.

There must be a few coaches that are obsessed with him.

PostPosted: Fri August 13, 2021 12:40 pm 

The Celtics Summer league team are world beaters. Can’t wait for them all to bust when the real games start.

PostPosted: Wed August 25, 2021 2:03 pm 
Gone

Please let Klay bang Sonya Curry

PostPosted: Wed August 25, 2021 2:52 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:

Who says he hasn't already?

PostPosted: Wed August 25, 2021 4:35 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Who says he hasn't already?

You think Dell knows?

PostPosted: Sat August 28, 2021 8:51 pm 

I guess Big 3 is on CBS this year? The championship is on now I didn’t even know it started yet. I wish they played Olympic rules it’s much more fasted paced and chaotic that way.

PostPosted: Sat September 04, 2021 3:05 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

DeAndre Jordan joining the Lakers lol.

PostPosted: Tue September 21, 2021 7:00 pm 
Gone

Imagine getting paid 33 mil a year and deciding you aren't going to come to work anymore after your employer asks you to get better at something? Clown world.

PostPosted: Tue September 21, 2021 8:10 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Imagine getting paid 33 mil a year and deciding you aren't going to come to work anymore after your employer asks you to get better at something? Clown world.

It's quite the strategy.

PostPosted: Tue September 21, 2021 9:46 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

It's quite the strategy.

What's his value anyway. He wants to go to California so Buddy Heild and a second?

PostPosted: Wed September 22, 2021 6:11 pm 

It's a real good question. What is his value? The Sixers keep saying they won't take 20 cents on the dollar. What does a team get with Simmons? All NBA Defense, elite athlete, can run the break, no position in half court offense, won't or can't shoot from the field or the line and doesn't respond to coaching. What's a hundred cents on the dollar for that?

PostPosted: Wed September 22, 2021 6:20 pm 
Gone

bada wrote:
It's a real good question. What is his value? The Sixers keep saying they won't take 20 cents on the dollar. What does a team get with Simmons? All NBA Defense, elite athlete, can run the break, no position in half court offense, won't or can't shoot from the field or the line and doesn't respond to coaching. What's a hundred cents on the dollar for that?

Buddy and a second

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 2:20 pm 
The Master

Simmons traded before the season starts?

PostPosted: Mon October 04, 2021 2:48 pm 

Outside of the league office saying "you can't let a player force a trade with 4 years left you got to eat this one and keep him no matter what" I can't understand what Philly is trying to accomplish by holding onto him. They are in a no win situation that's life boo hoo cut the cord.

PostPosted: Tue October 05, 2021 3:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Simmons traded before the season starts?

I don’t think so. Morey has to get all he can but that contract gives them absolutely no leverage. I’m not sure theres much advantage to trading him before the season but it will probably play out a bit like Harden unless Dame forces his way out too.

Simmons feels like wherever he goes, it won’t be his last stop until he can force his way into a 3rd guy situation like LA.

He’s just no where near as good as the hype they sold.

He’s a 15 or 16 ppg 200 million dollar player. Is moving him closer to the basket going to turn him into a superstar? Maybe. But that’s a huge risk to take on with that amount of money.

I’m sure they’d love to get Dame back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1088, 1089, 1090, 1091, 1092, 1093, 1094 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports