The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 3:00 am 
Gone

Ray Allen flops to the floor tonight after a body foul by JJ Barrea and somehow it ends up with the ejection of Barrea.....all 5 foot 10 of him. But its the Heat so there it is..,,,

I'm going to have to agree with JJ as he left the floor Ray..."you're a pussy."

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 2:42 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

cmon man, he body checked him. then i guess jj is a puss from when bynum hit him or nash is a puss from when big shot rob checked him

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 3:02 pm 
The Master

Peeps wrote:
cmon man, he body checked him. then i guess jj is a puss from when bynum hit him or nash is a puss from when big shot rob checked him

He body checked him for sure. That being said, Ray was about 2 inches off the ground and jj is like 170 pounds. I think Ray overreacted a bit.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 3:11 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Peeps wrote:

That Nash hit was the greatest moment in NBA history and netted me some serious cash from dumbass Suns fans.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 3:27 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Peeps wrote:

He body checked him for sure. That being said, Ray was about 2 inches off the ground and jj is like 170 pounds. I think Ray overreacted a bit.

Yeah, it can be both. It shouldn't have been a flagrant 2, but that was twice in a couple minutes he hit somebody, and he definitely did hit Allen, so it isn't quite the travesty verb to trust would like to imagine. I wonder why he didn't come on here to complain about Serge Ibaka's cup check on Griffin the other night...I guess because it didn't involve whining about the Heat.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 4:07 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Yeah, it can be both. It shouldn't have been a flagrant 2, but that was twice in a couple minutes he hit somebody, and he definitely did hit Allen, so it isn't quite the travesty verb to trust would like to imagine. I wonder why he didn't come on here to complain about Serge Ibaka's cup check on Griffin the other night...I guess because it didn't involve whining about the Heat.

The karate chop was plain old dirty.

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 11:05 pm 
Gone

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Peeps wrote:

I have always been the Heat police in this thread, definitely . :)

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 2:32 am 
Gone

Robert Swift's house:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/robert-swift-left-foreclosed-upon-house-leaving-massive-184535504--nba.html

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 12:46 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Peeps wrote:

You'd probably get a kick out of this then: During the T-Wolves game they put "Bandwagon Fan Cam" on the screen as their cameras zoomed in on people in the stands wearing Heat stuff. I thought that was pretty clever. Between that and their Harlem Shake response the T-Wolves were pretty funny this week.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 2:59 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Peeps wrote:

You'd probably get a kick out of this then: During the T-Wolves game they put "Bandwagon Fan Cam" on the screen as their cameras zoomed in on people in the stands wearing Heat stuff. I thought that was pretty clever. Between that and their Harlem Shake response the T-Wolves were pretty funny this week.

That's great. The wolves had so much potential this year but all their injuries did them in. The nice thing about being irrelevant this season is they can do stuff like that and not raise a big fuss.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 7:41 pm 

How was Ibaka not suspended for a game?

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 9:39 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
How was Ibaka not suspended for a game?

Maybe his chop didn't fully connect.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 9:04 pm 

Clutch.

Also, lucky because the refs gave them that game. Horrible officiating.

As an aside, I have a dumb question: If two defenders go up for a block, the first guy gets a clean block and then after that the second defender hits the shooter in the hands, is that a foul? Is it technically a foul, but they don't call it because the block was clean?

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 4:18 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Clutch.

Also, lucky because the refs gave them that game. Horrible officiating.

As an aside, I have a dumb question: If two defenders go up for a block, the first guy gets a clean block and then after that the second defender hits the shooter in the hands, is that a foul? Is it technically a foul, but they don't call it because the block was clean?

I believe it is technically a foul, but it's usually not called. I've always wondered that too.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2013 3:01 am 
Gone

The NBA is the only job where the doctor says go back to work and the employee can tell his boss he needs to wait it out a little while longer.

Someone tell Derrick Rose he doesn't HAVE to dunk off his left leg, layups count too. I'm worried Derrick is putting too much pressure on himself. Nobody is going to expect 40 minutes a nigh and 30 point games....

The Bulls need the lift as their morale has been low lately...and I can't take much more of this:

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 6:50 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
The NBA is the only job where the doctor says go back to work and the employee can tell his boss he needs to wait it out a little while longer.

Someone tell Derrick Rose he doesn't HAVE to dunk off his left leg, layups count too. I'm worried Derrick is putting too much pressure on himself. Nobody is going to expect 40 minutes a nigh and 30 point games....

The Bulls need the lift as their morale has been low lately...and I can't take much more of this:

i disagree. if he is wondering if his left leg is strong enough to dunk off of then he is going to be thinking too much when playing. which foot did i put down frist? if i cant dunk off it can i cut off of it.

its better to come back sure than to have any lingering doubt, or else youre going to really effe something up

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 7:39 am 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

i disagree. if he is wondering if his left leg is strong enough to dunk off of then he is going to be thinking too much when playing. which foot did i put down frist? if i cant dunk off it can i cut off of it.

its better to come back sure than to have any lingering doubt, or else youre going to really effe something up

cutting is way harder than dunking off of. so yea, if there's any doubt about that than he won't even be playing this season.

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 5:19 pm 
Gone

Peeps wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

If there was anything the doctors could say that would back this up then I would agree. Everyone you ever talk to who has had acl surgery has said you just have to get out there and work through it to get back to full strength. If he is waiting to get that feeling without game action he will never play again I guess.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2013 12:38 pm 

If I was a Bulls fan I'd much rather him sit out the remainder of the season and come back at 100% next season. He already rushed back from injury once last year and look what happened. I don't blame him for not rushing back this time. I understand the frustration when it seems like your star player isn't killing himself to get back on the court, but looking at the big picture I think whether he plays for the next two months is almost entirely irrelevant.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2013 2:46 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
If I was a Bulls fan I'd much rather him sit out the remainder of the season and come back at 100% next season. He already rushed back from injury once last year and look what happened. I don't blame him for not rushing back this time. I understand the frustration when it seems like your star player isn't killing himself to get back on the court, but looking at the big picture I think whether he plays for the next two months is almost entirely irrelevant.

Right, especially given the dominance of the Heat this year. The kid is only 24. Apparently he is having some hamstring issues as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports