The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 761, 762, 763, 764, 765, 766, 767 ... 1226  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 4:57 am 
The Master

team giannis 4-life

PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 6:05 am 
10Club Complaint Department

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
team giannis 4-life

My 9-year old son (who is a rabid sports fan with a great understanding of the NBA) looked at the two all star rosters tonight and laughed. He was like “it’s not even fair how much better LeBron’s team is”.

PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 6:50 am 
mXn

verb_to_trust wrote:
who are you guys pulling for in the all-star game?

A curry or Durant ACL

I kinda wouldn’t mind the Warriors winning another title with Durant out due to injury. That would be pretty sweet actually.

PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 2:38 pm 
Gone

Bammer wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
who are you guys pulling for in the all-star game?

A curry or Durant ACL

I kinda wouldn’t mind the Warriors winning another title with Durant out due to injury. That would be pretty sweet actually.

Oooo that would be tasty

PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 3:06 pm 
The Master

I wouldn't mind that either. Though, I don't think the Finals would be easy against the Raptors or Bucks.

PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 3:12 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I wouldn't mind that either. Though, I don't think the Finals would be easy against the Raptors or Bucks.

I like Giannis a lot and think he's amazing, but I also think he's like LeBron in 2007 where the Spurs just had to back off of him and clog the paint to take him out of his game since he can't shoot at all. Obviously his teammates are a lot better than that Cavs team and they do a great job spreading the floor to try to nullify that strategy, but I'd expect an ultra athletic team like the Warriors to be able to contain him.

PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 3:17 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I like Giannis a lot and think he's amazing, but I also think he's like LeBron in 2007 where the Spurs just had to back off of him and clog the paint to take him out of his game since he can't shoot at all. Obviously his teammates are a lot better than that Cavs team and they do a great job spreading the floor to try to nullify that strategy, but I'd expect an ultra athletic team like the Warriors to be able to contain him.

I think it would similar to the Rockets series last year where it took the Warriors several games to figure out their scheme. The Bucks have a ton of good shooters, so clogging the lane too much wouldn't work.

PostPosted: Thu February 14, 2019 3:28 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I think it would similar to the Rockets series last year where it took the Warriors several games to figure out their scheme. The Bucks have a ton of good shooters, so clogging the lane too much wouldn't work.

I think they could have 3 guys with a foot in the paint every time Giannis gets the ball at the top of the key and be able to recover. They're athletic enough to at a minimum get the ball out his hands and force the Bucks to make great passes and knock down contested shots. I agree that the Bucks are talented and are much better built to withstand a "clog the paint" strategy than the Cavs were in 2007 but I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that Giannis' lack of a jump shot will be a much bigger liability in a playoff series than it is right now.

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 2:33 pm 
Rank This Poster

SO Mannix writes this big piece about how the Pelicans are about to get embarassed by OKC and the Pelicans win by a pretty decent margin after Davis goes down?

Wow. Can't wait for the follow up Chris.

Maybe, the world doesn't revolve around Rich Paul, Lebron James and the bad management of the LA Lakers.

Frankly, the best thing might be for the Lakers to miss the playoffs, then the Celtics get Davis this summer, hell the Knicks are fine too.

All this flexing, for what? Lebron CHOSE that mess. Live with it for a year.

The most embarassing thing is probably that the only real asset that LA has to trade is Lebron James.

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 2:41 pm 
Gone

LeBron still acts like he's 28. Thats the main problem. Dude is headed for his decline and he's shot calling league movement. I've really soured on Davis through this whole thing too. Is he really going to mail in 3 point games and fake injuries the rest of the season?

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 2:52 pm 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:
LeBron still acts like he's 28. Thats the main problem. Dude is headed for his decline and he's shot calling league movement. I've really soured on Davis through this whole thing too. Is he really going to mail in 3 point games and fake injuries the rest of the season?

That's probably true, It sure looks like he just thought he was going to walk into LA and immediately make that fairly awful team a contender.

He's been playing in the east a really long time. When that didn't happen, they put all this together to try and save their season.

I LOVE that New Orleans told everyone to pound sand.

If Davis wants to quit he can always choose the "shoulder bruise" Kawhi Leonard route. That's cool.

I don't begrudge player movement at all but given the way the league has operated the last few years, this is one of the most satisfying FU's of all time for the non bandwagon fan in the midst of perpetual rebuilding.

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 4:23 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:

Same. Not a good look at all.

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 4:24 pm 
The Master

god bless russell westbrook

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 4:29 pm 
The Master

I can't wait for his triple double in the All Star game.

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 5:08 pm 

Pelicans what you doin :haha:

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 5:12 pm 
Gone

4/5 wrote:

Bowing down to Clutch Sports. Pathetic

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 5:21 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:

I can't wait for his triple double in the All Star game.

i hope he has a quadruple double

i’m seriously considering buying a westbrook jersey

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 5:40 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Same. Not a good look at all.

Ditto. :finger:

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 7:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

4/5 wrote:

Ms. Benson has had a hell of a month.

PostPosted: Fri February 15, 2019 7:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 761, 762, 763, 764, 765, 766, 767 ... 1226  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports