The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099 ... 1226  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Tue November 09, 2021 6:53 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Joker ain't scared of Jimmy Butler.

PostPosted: Tue November 09, 2021 7:11 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
I applaud Jokic's cheap shot on Morris. The Morris twins are trash.

I felt very conflicted. I like Jokic way more than either Morris. But he went over the top on that one.

I don't think he wants any part of Jimmy Butler lol. Also, speaking of wanting no part, the reverse angle where you can see Tyler Herro right there and clearly wants no part of Jokic is kinda funny. Bam on the other hand immediately sprinted at him. *shrug*

It was absolutely a cheap shot, but Morris has had something like this coming for a long time.

bada wrote:
Joker ain't scared of Jimmy Butler.

Yeah, I'm not sure Butler really wants a piece of Jokic. Easy to yell things across the court at him though.

PostPosted: Tue November 09, 2021 11:02 pm 
See you in another life, brother

I don’t think either of them is or should be sacred of the other.

PostPosted: Tue November 09, 2021 11:16 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
I don’t think either of them is or should be sacred of the other.

Which is why I give the advantage to the much larger human.

PostPosted: Wed November 10, 2021 12:34 am 

The only part of 90s basketball I miss is the fights.

PostPosted: Wed November 10, 2021 10:23 pm 

4/5 wrote:
The only part of 90s basketball I miss is the fights.

PostPosted: Sun November 14, 2021 5:01 pm 

Watching UConn on fox sports 2 and during the breaks they’re playing the old NBC NBA music. Still the best sports music ever. It should be the standard music for all basketball games on tv for every network. Like a traditional folk song public use.

PostPosted: Mon November 15, 2021 2:09 am 
The Master

bada wrote:
Watching UConn on fox sports 2 and during the breaks they’re playing the old NBC NBA music. Still the best sports music ever. It should be the standard music for all basketball games on tv for every network. Like a traditional folk song public use.

I support this wholeheartedly.

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 1:40 pm 

If I was a GSW fan I’d be feeling pretty good right now. Watching them last night I was pretty jealous. They are levels above the Celts. It’s embarrassing. There are guys at the end of the bench that would start on my team. Blah.

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 4:01 pm 
The Master

bada wrote:
If I was a GSW fan I’d be feeling pretty good right now. Watching them last night I was pretty jealous. They are levels above the Celts. It’s embarrassing. There are guys at the end of the bench that would start on my team. Blah.

They've been a real treat to watch this year. I've been relatively quiet since their schedule has been very heavy on home games against suspect opponents, but they play with the continuity and joy of a team that is confident and comfortable with their roles. Steph doesn't seem to have a lost a step at all and Draymond is playing like the best defensive player in the league again. Just like most teams, they're an injury or two away from falling in the standings, but I don't see any reason why they aren't contenders at this point (with or without Klay). This season seems wide open.

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 4:21 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

They've been a real treat to watch this year. I've been relatively quiet since their schedule has been very heavy on home games against suspect opponents, but they play with the continuity and joy of a team that is confident and comfortable with their roles. Steph doesn't seem to have a lost a step at all and Draymond is playing like the best defensive player in the league again. Just like most teams, they're an injury or two away from falling in the standings, but I don't see any reason why they aren't contenders at this point (with or without Klay). This season seems wide open.

Jordan Poole is really good. They should trade Klay.

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 4:25 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

Never. Even if they wanted to trade him, his contract is pretty high for the level of production he will deliver.

I will probably get emotional when he plays later this season.

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 6:13 pm 

Warriors should be the favorites for the whole thing right now. The West doesn't look good at all.

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 6:15 pm 

With the Lakers and the Nets out there I'm finding it easier to root for the Warriors too.

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 8:41 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

Never. Even if they wanted to trade him, his contract is pretty high for the level of production he will deliver.

you're not thinking clearly

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 8:57 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

What is the trade value for a $38 million player in their early 30s coming off a torn ACL and achilles who hasn't played since June 2019?

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 9:05 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

What is the trade value for a $38 million player in their early 30s coming off a torn ACL and achilles who hasn't played since June 2019?

klay for simmons!

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 9:13 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:

klay for simmons!

shut your mouth

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 10:11 pm 

That trade would not be good for me.

PostPosted: Wed November 17, 2021 10:26 pm 
The Master

Draymond would mentally annihilate Simmons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1093, 1094, 1095, 1096, 1097, 1098, 1099 ... 1226  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports