The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2019 1:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

While at the baby shower yesterday they were showing the Lakers/Wolves game for some reason. I laughed at the guy with the Metallifuckinca shirt who was sitting in the first three rows. Every time they wanted to show the players they had to frame the shot just so in order to keep him from being in any static shots. Panning was fine I guess because it wasn't clear? lol

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2019 4:24 am 
The Master

Trae Young's ejection was a joke.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2019 4:30 am 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Agree. Kris Dunn embarrassing himself is not a reason to eject Trae Young.

PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2019 1:15 pm 
Rank This Poster

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Mean Mugging officially illegal?

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 5:08 am 
Gone

Five minutes into the start of the third quarter and tons of empty seats at warriors Celtics. Rich asshole bandwagon riders.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 5:41 am 
10Club Complaint Department

KAT has been a stud recently

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 12:07 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Celtics won a game. Finally.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 1:57 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

LeBron could be playing on a team with guys he actually likes and probably making the playoffs if he had stayed in Cleveland.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 2:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

https://deadspin.com/report-the-lakers-may-have-leaked-the-trade-offer-deta-1833111547

Could probably just take out the words may and have in the headline.

What was pretty obvious from the time that Windhorst published his article was that the information that he was publishing came from the Lakers, to try and save face. What would the Pelican's organization have to benefit from "destabilizing" the Lakers. It wasn't a good offer, because the Lakers organization is terrible. All the more reason it made almost no basketball sense for Lebron to go to LA. He's 34, they are YEARS away from winning without several Hail Mary's working. Everyone knew this except I guess the fragile egos of everyone involved.

The Lakers were desperate (though not desperate enough to go to 3 1's apparently) and the Pelican's were not. Dell Demps ironically handled the situation a lot better than the still employed other staff....

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 2:41 pm 
Gone

I really appreciated LeBron fake crying on the bench last night after passing MJ. Getting those acting chops ready for Space Jam 2 I guess.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:07 pm 
Rank This Poster

verb_to_trust wrote:
I really appreciated LeBron fake crying on the bench last night after passing MJ. Getting those acting chops ready for Space Jam 2 I guess.

I was thinking he was going to embark on a short baseball career maybe?

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:32 pm 
The Master

This has not been a good year for the Lebron legacy.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 4:24 pm 
See you in another life, brother

He made an awful decision to go to an awful franchise. Didn't make sense at the time because everything that's happened besides injuries were all obvious at the time.

Last night sure felt like he just made the shift from center of the basketball universe to an aging relic who will always get lots of attention but it's going to become less and less connected to the present and more and more an endless string of new milestones and career marks by an old guy on a 5 year retirement tour only relevant for historical reasons. I hope I'm wrong about that, but that's what it felt like to me.

It's really easy to imagine Lakers fans booing him on and off for the next 3+ years. Yet another reason going to LA was so dumb.

Inb4 the "should the Lakers trade Lebron" hot take immediately followed by the scorching, "would anybody even want him?" rejoinder.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 4:32 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
He made an awful decision to go to an awful franchise. Didn't make sense at the time because everything that's happened besides injuries were all obvious at the time.

Last night sure felt like he just made the shift from center of the basketball universe to an aging relic who will always get lots of attention but it's going to become less and less connected to the present and more and more an endless string of new milestones and career marks by an old guy on a 5 year retirement tour only relevant for historical reasons. I hope I'm wrong about that, but that's what it felt like to me.

It's really easy to imagine Lakers fans booing him on and off for the next 3+ years. Yet another reason going to LA was so dumb.

Inb4 the "should the Lakers trade Lebron" hot take immediately followed by the scorching, "would anybody even want him?" rejoinder.

I don't know if I'd go that far, considering they were starting to play really well before his injury. I think that, his recovery from it, the weird roster, and the trade requests/rumors created the perfect storm.

It's also much harder to turn on "playoff mode" in the west.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 4:42 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
It's also much harder to turn on "playoff mode" in the west.

I disagree with this. They've lost mostly to putrid teams in both the east and the west since then. I don't think conference has much to do with that. Conference is only relevant that it would be easier to be an 8 seed in the east than west this year but that's about it.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:01 pm 
Gone

Havent Lakers fans already chanted "we want Kobe"?

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:20 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
Havent Lakers fans already chanted "we want Kobe"?

So dumb to go to the fanbase in the league that has the most reason to hate him because he's better than their beloved hero.

Maybe everything changes in the offseason and he gets a super team and wins again and lives happily ever after, but prisoner of the moment hot take: this was an all-time bad move.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:21 pm 
Gone

He can't just quit either because of what it would do to his legacy narrative.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:34 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
He can't just quit either because of what it would do to his legacy narrative.

I think that stuff is kinda overblown. The damage of this season is going to be temporary. If a person says its about rings, they'll never call him the greatest. If somebody thinks he already is/will be if he plays another 3 healthy seasons and has the best collection of career stats then they'll think that regardless of this season. And if a person thinks that Kobe is better than him then they're an idiot. Everybody's priors are already really entrenched.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 5:47 pm 
Gone

I just mean for dummies like my friend who think he is going to retire after next season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 770, 771, 772, 773, 774, 775, 776 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports