The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1042, 1043, 1044, 1045, 1046, 1047, 1048 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 12:11 am 
Rank This Poster

Capela’s line this afternoon.

25 pts, 24 boards, 2 steals and 3 blocks. +25

Hawks have won 8 of 10, 17 and 6 since Nate.

PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 2:46 am 
mXn

Zion is a beast and he is extremely well spoken. That kid is gonna be mega once he ships over to the Knicks.

PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 1:16 pm 
Rank This Poster

The Raptors suck at tanking

PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 4:55 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Kyrie 0-8 with Bam as his primary defender.

PostPosted: Mon April 19, 2021 8:55 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

If Steph toned down the hot dog antics 33% I could enjoy him more. Maybe just retire the motorcycle celebration.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 1:31 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

My gawd Grant Williams sucks so bad.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 2:16 am 
The Master

Just your normal 40+, 10 3 pointer game again.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 12:16 pm 

bada wrote:
If Steph toned down the hot dog antics 33% I could enjoy him more.

Probably this. The Thinking Basketball video on him in their Greatest Peaks series (yes, I'm still pimping that channel) increased my appreciation for just how impossibly good he is.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 1:25 pm 
AnalLog

If I circulated a petition to have Adam Silver overturn the outcome of last night's PHX/MKE game would anyone here sign it?

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 1:28 pm 
mXn

4/5 wrote:
bada wrote:
If Steph toned down the hot dog antics 33% I could enjoy him more.

Probably this. The Thinking Basketball video on him in their Greatest Peaks series (yes, I'm still pimping that channel) increased my appreciation for just how impossibly good he is.

He has top tier handles but nobody even cares because of the shooting. He is unreal.

And he is an impossibly cheesy motherfucker and I don’t root for him as a person. Up there with Russ Wilson and Tom Brady.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 1:52 pm 
The Master

I'm able to tolerate his over the top antics because he plays with such authentic joy. He's also very unselfish for such a proficient scorer. His playoff/big game performances give him the space to be a bit of a showman.

This might be the best season he's ever had, given the talent around him. He's just in complete control of everything, constantly looking for a sliver of space and passing the ball at the most opportune times. The team is mediocre, but he's been a must watch all year.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 1:54 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 1:59 pm 
The Master

ghost wrote:
If I circulated a petition to have Adam Silver overturn the outcome of last night's PHX/MKE game would anyone here sign it?

so booker did not release the shot before time expired, but since he was fouled while in the act of shooting before time expired, he gets to go to the line? that does seem like flawed logic.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 2:00 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

He's in one of those zones where I think every three is going in.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 2:09 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:
ghost wrote:

so booker did not release the shot before time expired, but since he was fouled while in the act of shooting before time expired, he gets to go to the line? that does seem like flawed logic.

after some thought, i think this rule makes sense. a foul while in the act could prevent a player from getting the shot off.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 2:22 pm 

spike wrote:
spike wrote:
ghost wrote:

after some thought, i think this rule makes sense. a foul while in the act could prevent a player from getting the shot off.

Yeah if the foul occurs when there's still time on the clock then he should go to the line.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 2:24 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I'm able to tolerate his over the top antics because he plays with such authentic joy. He's also very unselfish for such a proficient scorer. His playoff/big game performances give him the space to be a bit of a showman.

This might be the best season he's ever had, given the talent around him. He's just in complete control of everything, constantly looking for a sliver of space and passing the ball at the most opportune times. The team is mediocre, but he's been a must watch all year.

I'm still embarrassed I thought KD was better than him when KD latched onto Steph's coattails.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 2:51 pm 
AnalLog

spike wrote:
spike wrote:
ghost wrote:

It's not a bad rule, but I think a foul in that situation needs to be more egregious than very light elbow on elbow contact. There was a lot more contact on Middleton's airball, but that went uncalled.

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 3:00 pm 
The Master

ghost wrote:
spike wrote:
spike wrote:
ghost wrote:

It's not a bad rule, but I think a foul in that situation needs to be more egregious than very light elbow on elbow contact. There was a lot more contact on Middleton's airball, but that went uncalled.

booker getting the star treatment /:

PostPosted: Tue April 20, 2021 3:43 pm 
The Master

spike wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

that's insane

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1042, 1043, 1044, 1045, 1046, 1047, 1048 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports