The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 8:32 pm 
Gone

It's a backup guard on a minimum contract. Why does everyone have a problem with this? Shouldn't Cavs fans be more worried about fucking dipshit Kyrie?

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 8:35 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
It's a backup guard on a minimum contract. Why does everyone have a problem with this? Shouldn't Cavs fans be more worried about fucking dipshit Kyrie?

they should trade him for wiggins

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 8:38 pm 
The Master

Lebron would destroy Wiggins' fragile psyche. I want Kyrie to go to a mediocre East team and still struggle to be .500.

PostPosted: Tue July 25, 2017 8:43 pm 
The Master

i don't really have a strong opinion on kyrie either way...anything that screws with lebron is fine with me though

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 1:01 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I'd take some kind of deal with Phoenix that lands them Jackson. The Suns said they won't deal him, but I don't know how much I believe that.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 1:35 pm 
Rank This Poster

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Lebron would destroy Wiggins' fragile psyche. I want Kyrie to go to a mediocre East team and still struggle to be .500.

It would never happen but it would kind of be fun to see him and John Wall together because they are so fast.

I personally don't think he's getting traded in the near term, if anything this is Kyrie letting the ownership know he's not happy with how things have gone this off season.

They are the best team in the east with the best player in the league in need of a better supporting cast to win another title. They need one more prime shooter I think for that system to work. I can't imagine it's fun playing for Gilbert.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 1:43 pm 
Gone

Joesanity wrote:
I'd take some kind of deal with Phoenix that lands them Jackson. The Suns said they won't deal him, but I don't know how much I believe that.

Why would the Suns trade for a guy who won't stay? Why would anyone? Once this Flat Earthing dolt realizes that the Superteam is his one and only God it will be back to a very very short list when his contract is up: GSW

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 1:44 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Bump to get above the Big 3 thread

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 1:54 pm 
See you in another life, brother

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 2:03 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 2:44 pm 

% chance Kyrie actually gets traded this offseason?

I'm going with 30%.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 2:46 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
% chance Kyrie actually gets traded this offseason?

I'm going with 30%.

I'll go with 50%, only because he has two years left on his deal and some team will offer an attractive offer.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 3:01 pm 

If Cleveland really thinks LeBron is going to leave next summer would they dare take a deal that is more overtly about the future than attempting to win now? It would be a very bold gambit to say the least.

I also think that if they do trade Kyrie that there's a 50% chance that they also trade Love.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 3:24 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

4/5 wrote:
If Cleveland really thinks LeBron is going to leave next summer would they dare take a deal that is more overtly about the future than attempting to win now? It would be a very bold gambit to say the least.

I also think that if they do trade Kyrie that there's a 50% chance that they also trade Love.

Cleveland has some shitty contracts on their roster. I could see them packaging one or two of those along with Kyrie to be able to free stuff up for the future.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 3:24 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:

I agree about the Love thing.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 3:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

4/5 wrote:

If they think the best basketball player they will ever see in town is going to leave after next year they should be spending every last dime to try and win another championship and take full advantage of the time they have with that player. It would be absolutely foolish to think about "the future" It will never be better than this for Cleveland. Win now. Spend Now. Just my opinion anyway.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 3:52 pm 
The Master

Electromatic wrote:
4/5 wrote:

If they think the best basketball player they will ever see in town is going to leave after next year they should be spending every last dime to try and win another championship and take full advantage of the time they have with that player. It would be absolutely foolish to think about "the future" It will never be better than this for Cleveland. Win now. Spend Now. Just my opinion anyway.

This logic makes sense too. I wonder if there is a move out there than can make them better for this season, good enough to give the Warriors a tougher test. If there's not it may be smarter to build for the future and try to shed a Shumpert or JR Smith contract.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 4:05 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Yep, you put it all into next season and forget about the future if you're sure LeBron is going to leave. And definitely try to get rid of Shumpert while you're at it.

PostPosted: Wed July 26, 2017 5:45 pm 

There was a time back in 2014 when I wanted the Heat to trade for Shumpert to convince LeBron to stay. :shake:

PostPosted: Thu July 27, 2017 3:15 pm 
Rank This Poster

I reiterate, Just what the hell is Dan Gilbert doing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports