The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1195, 1196, 1197, 1198, 1199, 1200, 1201 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 1:53 pm 
Rank This Poster

Classic Boston would be to make it back to a game 7 and then lose in The Garden.

But not this year baby.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 2:15 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Do other fanbases actually believe they’re going to win close games? Lots of videos in my FYP today of Heat fans celebrating before the final play as if they already won, then they’re super bummed with how the game ends. Have they just never had a heartbreaker before? I have never, ever in my life assumed my team was going to win a game (any sport) unless they’re up by 10 points/runs whatever with 1 second left.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 2:44 pm 
See you in another life, brother

I’m with you 100%. I didn’t even cheer when the third free throw went in. It was just ok, get one stop. One stop.

If I was at the game I think I would have yelled and probably clapped my hands real hard when he made the FT and I’d make noise but there would be nothing like a celebration. I think I just said it in this thread up 3-0 that I’m super averse to celebrating early and screw me if this series and that game didn’t underline exactly why.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 2:46 pm 
Major Dude

Higgs wrote:
Classic Boston would be to make it back to a game 7 and then lose in The Garden.

But not this year baby.

Word

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:16 pm 
The Master

I find that a tip-in game winner is somehow more demoralizing than a hero shot. Can't imagine how you feel, 4/5. So much on the line in that final 3 seconds.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:49 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Shout out to all the high school coaches who for the next 25 years are going to show the film of White making the inbound pass and then running straight to the basket.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 4:46 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

After the game I had a feeling like I shoplifted or walked out of a restaurant without paying. Got away with something I shouldn't have. They did everything they could to lose that game. Agree with Higgs it would be just like them to lose game 7.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 5:04 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I find that a tip-in game winner is somehow more demoralizing than a hero shot. Can't imagine how you feel, 4/5. So much on the line in that final 3 seconds.

By far.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 5:05 pm 

bada wrote:
After the game I had a feeling like I shoplifted or walked out of a restaurant without paying. Got away with something I shouldn't have. They did everything they could to lose that game. Agree with Higgs it would be just like them to lose game 7.

They're not going to lose. I can't imagine that it's anything but complete annihilation.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 5:13 pm 
The Master

I went to college with a huge Heat fan. He texted that last night's loss felt like the basketball gods' karmic response to the Ray Allen shot. "Now everything is in balance"

Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Sun May 28, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 7:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I went to college with a huge Heat fan. He textes me that last night's loss felt like the basketball gods' karmic response to the Ray Allen shot. "Now everything is in balance"

Nope. Nothing has changed. F Ray Allen.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:33 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:

It is. Like Jimmy’s falling down tip in to send it to OT against the Bucks. WTF.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Game 7 gonna be a banger

wish it were in Miami though so we could see all the airhead VIPs in their summer whites in the front few rows playing with their phones

it's a preferable backdrop for a basketball game as opposed to somewhere like, say, Boston where in the first few rows you see energized people in basketball-related outfits watching the game and cheering for their team

i prefer to see disaffected bimbos with nice hair styles and purses and their creepy sugar daddys

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:39 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm glad that they watched some '04 Sox. Those are good vibes.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:07 pm 
The Master

Go Heat

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

how much of wahle’s seed did she consume per hour back then

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I think Brown will go over 25 tonight.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

gonna be an historic matchup

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:10 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Martin so fuego

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 2:17 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Tatum loves exaggerating that ankle sprain when the score gets bad

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1195, 1196, 1197, 1198, 1199, 1200, 1201 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports