The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178 ... 1223  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2023 3:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dad wrote:
This man is literally describing my wife's dream home situation.

This would be great content for the poop thread....

PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2023 3:11 pm 
The Master

Coach wrote:
76ers on the verge of knocking BOS to the third seed. This is quite the late season collapse. They should have never lifted the interim title from Mazzula and kept him temporary.

Team needs some hard love from a vet coach.

lol

PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2023 5:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
Coach wrote:
76ers on the verge of knocking BOS to the third seed. This is quite the late season collapse. They should have never lifted the interim title from Mazzula and kept him temporary.

Team needs some hard love from a vet coach.

lol

I'm not hitting the panic button just yet, but yeesh if you watch these guys every night you would be shaking your head, too.

PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2023 5:44 pm 
The Master

The regular season is really long and every team has highs and lows.

PostPosted: Wed March 15, 2023 6:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Oh yes, and I know it's hard to get up for certain match-ups.

I just question some of the coach's decisions (he is way to late to call timeout during another team's run) and there's always the injury concern w/ Williams. I also think that White should be playing more than Smart at this point.

PostPosted: Tue March 28, 2023 6:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Oh my, what a pass. Larry Bird-like.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 2:38 pm 
The Master

Hoping Milwaukee can wrap up the one seed tonight.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 2:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

spike wrote:
Hoping Milwaukee can wrap up the one seed tonight.

You are welcome - BOS really shit that away

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 2:49 pm 
The Master

The Lakers/Clippers game tonight is absolutely huge. Go Clips.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 3:23 pm 
mXn

Monkey_Driven wrote:
The 6th Seed vs. 7th Seed game tonight is absolutely huge. Go Clips.

FTFY

You serious?

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 3:25 pm 
The Master

Yes, because it has major implications on who will avoid the play-in between the Warriors, Clippers, and Lakers.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 3:34 pm 
See you in another life, brother

You'd rather the Warriors potentially play the Lakers in the play-in than the Paul George-less Clippers? Or is a tiebreakers thing where a Clippers win helps the Warriors stay in the top 6?

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 3:35 pm 

Just looked at the standings, I guess you're probably not worried about the Warriors falling into the play-in.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 3:36 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
You'd rather the Warriors potentially play the Lakers in the play-in than the Paul George-less Clippers? Or is a tiebreakers thing where a Clippers win helps the Warriors stay in the top 6?

Ideally, I want the Clippers to win 2 out of their 3 last games to secure the 5 seed and the Warriors to get the 6. A loss would drop the Lakers down to the 7 seed. It may come down to some convoluted tie-breakers.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 3:37 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Just looked at the standings, I guess you're probably not worried about the Warriors falling into the play-in.

It's a possibility, but they will likely win at least one of their last two games (against the Blazers).

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 3:38 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Ideally, I want the Clippers to win 2 out of their 3 last games to secure the 5 seed and the Warriors to get the 6. A loss would drop the Lakers down to the 7 seed. It may come down to some convoluted tie-breakers.

Right, but would it really matter to you if the Lakers got the 5 instead? Agreed that the 6 seed is the sweet spot, but that's tough for anybody to finesse.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 3:42 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Right, but would it really matter to you if the Lakers got the 5 instead? Agreed that the 6 seed is the sweet spot, but that's tough for anybody to finesse.

No, not really. It's more of a preference based on how annoying I find the hype around them to be.

I say this fully acknowledging how many share the same sentiment about the Warriors.

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 4:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

ice cream headache fellas

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 4:33 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:

No, not really. It's more of a preference based on how annoying I find the hype around them to be.

I say this fully acknowledging how many share the same sentiment about the Warriors.

The real question is would you rather the Warriors get the 5 or the 7 seed?

PostPosted: Wed April 05, 2023 4:55 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
4/5 wrote:

The real question is would you rather the Warriors get the 5 or the 7 seed?

I'd rather play the Grizzlies as a 7 seed if given the choice between those two options.

The second round matchup would theoretically be easier too, assuming the Warriors won the first series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178 ... 1223  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports