The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 659, 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:05 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Tom Haberstroh wrote two articles this week that both seemed to low key shade KD. Neither did so overtly and he kept saying how great KD is, but reading between the lines it sure seems like he’s arguing that KD doesn’t really fit and that Steph is the one who is most negatively impacted. The only reason it works is because of how overwhelming the talent is, but KD doesn’t really play GS style ball.

Thoughts, MD? I don’t watch them enough to know whether he has a point or is writing pro-Steph propaganda.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:58 pm 
Gone

Do you want my thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I do

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:09 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
Do you want my thoughts?

I would love nothing more.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:23 pm 
Gone

4/5 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Do you want my thoughts?

Spoiler: show
fuck Steve curry

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:46 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
4/5 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Do you want my thoughts?

Spoiler: show
fuck Steve curry

Apparently people like the shimmy. I said something about how I can't stand that shimmy at a work thing the other day and people acted like I just punched a puppy.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:58 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Even I like the shimmy.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

To the causal NBA fan Curry is a puppy.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:24 pm 
Gone

If someone actually likes curry that's how you know if someone can appreciate basketball. He's a bitch.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:27 pm 
The Master

Steph and Klay are definitely the engine of the Warriors offense. The addition of Durant hasn't changed that. He does bring versatility to the offense, but his biggest contribution is on defense. He can cover mistakes and allow them to play a variety of lineups for resting/staggering minutes.

At times their offense can get a bit bogged down with Durant. They signed him for his ability to play within the offense and for his iso/go to scoring ability when needed. I think they're still struggling to find what situations call for a specific type of Durant. Sleepwalking through the regular season and Curry's injuries didn't help either. They haven't had a lot of reps with a consistent lineup all season. I do think he is an excellent team player and can play at all time level within the offense, but his Thunder-era habits tend to surface at unpredictable times. This series has sort of shined a spotlight on this inconsistency. He had an excellent game 1 using a lot of iso ball and they won. Haven't had much success with it since and it has taken them a few games to get back to being themselves.

Game 6 last night was one of the few games this year they've played like themselves. I know Paul being out helped, but it seems like they are finding a good balance. Pushing the pace was a big factor. I really don't know what will happen in Game 7, but I know if the Warriors play their way they should win.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:27 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
If someone actually likes curry that's how you know if someone can appreciate basketball. He's a bitch.

I'm confused, do you like Curry or not?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:06 pm 
Gone

You are high if you don't think Durant us the center of everything on the warriors: offense, defense, acting petulant, ect. If the Rockets can somehow win the egos will hopefully start to be a problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:07 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I'm confused, do you like Curry or not?

Hate him

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:36 pm 

verb_to_trust wrote:
You are high if you don't think Durant us the center of everything on the warriors: offense, defense, acting petulant, ect. If the Rockets can somehow win the egos will hopefully start to be a problem.

Admittedly this comes from reading more than watching, but it seems like Steph is still the straw that stirs the drink. And their offense does a lot better with Steph and no KD than vice versa.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:42 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

Admittedly this comes from reading more than watching, but it seems like Steph is still the straw that stirs the drink. And their offense does a lot better with Steph and no KD than vice versa.

He is. He just stretches and tests defenses way more with the amount of movement he does off the ball and the gravity of his shooting.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:17 pm 
Gone

Durant can get whatever shot he wants. He's way more important to a championship team. Its his responsibility to know when he's running too much iso and he hasn't done a great job of that this series. Steph is a dork who hits threes. He got shut down in the finals by himself.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:24 pm 
Gone

Durant has been very careful about the politics but you know he has full confidence he is the man. It was pretty bizarre for him to pass out of the final shot last week though.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Durant can get whatever shot he wants. He's way more important to a championship team. Its his responsibility to know when he's running too much iso and he hasn't done a great job of that this series. Steph is a dork who hits threes. He got shut down in the finals by himself.

The on/off numbers with Curry-less and Durant-less lineups say otherwise. Durant is the better player in a vacuum, but Curry is the Warriors.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:50 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

The on/off numbers with Curry-less and Durant-less lineups say otherwise. Durant is the better player in a vacuum, but Curry is the Warriors.

Regular season doesn't matter. Who do you want to have the ball for the final shot in game 7 of the finals? If you say curry on anything other than a Steve Kerr or John Paxson wide open kick out from MJ type shot you're wrong.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:58 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

verb_to_trust wrote:
Who do you want to have the ball for the final shot in game 7 of the finals?

Marcus Smart

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 659, 660, 661, 662, 663, 664, 665 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports