Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Work-Out Thread

Tue October 10, 2017 3:21 am

I worked out after my run. Just like running I'm not quite where I was but actually I might feel the best in terms of upper body that I ever have.

Sun November 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Played some hockey and went for a skate yesterday afternoon and worked out in the evening.

Wed December 13, 2017 9:17 pm

left shoulder is hurting pretty bad from weight training.

Wed December 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Dev wrote:left shoulder is hurting pretty bad from weight training.

My right shoulder has hurt since November 3rd, the day of the Astros victory parade. I was trying to get a lift up a floor on the outside of a parking garage and didn't have the arm strength to really make the move.

Any suggestions on how to stretch and heal this persistent pain?

Wed December 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Put one knee and one hand on a bench with your other leg on the ground. Basically, your upper body is parallel to the ground. Grab a light weight - 3 lbs maybe. Then with palms forward just do a reverse fly with the arm of the shoulder bothering you. If you're doing it right, the weight will be perpendicular to the ground at the height of the lift. High reps, low weight. Most shoulder injuries, I'm told, are due to weak muscles in your back. I had awful shoulder pain. I attribute it getting better to this move more than anything else.

Wed December 13, 2017 11:28 pm

daft twat wrote:Put one knee and one hand on a bench with your other leg on the ground. Basically, your upper body is parallel to the ground. Grab a light weight - 3 lbs maybe. Then with palms forward just do a reverse fly with the arm of the shoulder bothering you. If you're doing it right, the weight will be perpendicular to the ground at the height of the lift. High reps, low weight. Most shoulder injuries, I'm told, are due to weak muscles in your back. I had awful shoulder pain. I attribute it getting better to this move more than anything else.

Thanks a lot. This one is really bugging me (especially when I sleep), and I'd like to build up the upper body after I take care of this so it won't happen again. I'm thinking about rock gyms.

Thu December 14, 2017 2:58 am

washing machine wrote:
daft twat wrote:Put one knee and one hand on a bench with your other leg on the ground. Basically, your upper body is parallel to the ground. Grab a light weight - 3 lbs maybe. Then with palms forward just do a reverse fly with the arm of the shoulder bothering you. If you're doing it right, the weight will be perpendicular to the ground at the height of the lift. High reps, low weight. Most shoulder injuries, I'm told, are due to weak muscles in your back. I had awful shoulder pain. I attribute it getting better to this move more than anything else.

Thanks a lot. This one is really bugging me (especially when I sleep), and I'd like to build up the upper body after I take care of this so it won't happen again. I'm thinking about rock gyms.

No worries. Embarrassingly, I think my pain came from overuse due to ping pong. I saw a p.t., and he gave me several exercises. That one I could do pretty much anywhere, so I did it religiously, and the pain went away after a while. All dudes focus on the chest, but for health, a strong back is where it's at.

Thu January 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Back at it; pilates class Tuesday and 45 minutes of weight work yesterday with 15 minutes on the treadmill each day. I was expecting the place to be packed with resolutioners; it was crowed but not overly so.

Mon January 15, 2018 1:18 am

Did my first gym session for the year, and then went for a run. Should have known that would be a bad idea given the heat outside. Got back to work - had an ice-cold shower and yet I'm still sitting at my desk all like......

Mon January 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Just finished my first week of crossfit. Wow!

Tue January 16, 2018 4:59 pm

training in my new skates tonight. hopefully my body can take it considering my recent injuries.

Tue January 16, 2018 5:18 pm

daft twat wrote:Just finished my first week of crossfit. Wow!

Oh god. you're gonna turn into an even bigger asshole now.

Tue January 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Dev wrote:training in my new skates tonight. hopefully my body can take it considering my recent injuries.

I got to skate/play at the Wilds ice arena over the holidays. I threw my shoulder out taking a slapper off my back foot. Im still struggling :|

Tue January 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Strat wrote:
Dev wrote:training in my new skates tonight. hopefully my body can take it considering my recent injuries.

I got to skate/play at the Wilds ice arena over the holidays. I threw my shoulder out taking a slapper off my back foot. Im still struggling :|

ah that sucks. I actually think I'm better taking it off my back foot..

Tue January 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Strat wrote:

That was one of the biggest selling points for me, Lululemon.

Wed January 17, 2018 2:08 am

daft twat wrote:
Strat wrote:

Have fun throwing out your back once a month.

Wed January 17, 2018 2:45 am

Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Strat wrote:

I don't hump your mom that often. Nooch!

Wed January 17, 2018 2:46 am

daft twat wrote:
Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Strat wrote:

I don't hump your mom that often. Nooch!

burn

Wed January 17, 2018 3:53 am

everything was bar down today. bar down or bar up. I had a puck go over a baseball backstop and onto the side walk.

Sun January 21, 2018 9:43 pm

First real workout this afternoon in a week nearly killed me; it’s like I’m starting all over.
Post a reply