The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Sat March 04, 2017 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 16641
Man, last night I went and skated and shot the puck and I don't think I have pushed it that hard all year. I'm just aching this morning. I've been sick for the last 2 weeks which hasn't helped and I'm in new skates which makes it feel like I have to learn to skate again. Anyway, overall I was really in the zone and was really into it. I'm glad I went because I suspect the ice is wrecked as of today. I don't know how I feel about the progress of my game this year. My skating didn't improve as much as it could have because of the new skates, but I recovered my wrist shot after only working on my slap shot last year, and my shooting in general has improved a lot. I also think my skating has become more dynamic and fluid. Hopefully I will get out there a few more times before the summer. Almost time to join a rec league.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 22, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4014
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Had the afternoon off & it was a gorgeous day so I went to a nearby park that has a five mile riverside trail. It's a little bit of a hike with a few rocks to climb over but nothing I haven't done before. Holy crap, I am not in as good of shape as I thought. I had to catch my breath several times and my legs had that overly worked feel afterward. Turns out the shoes I wore were not the best either and my feet were achy all night. I've been good about going to the gym through the winter but obviously that ain't the same as doing actual exercise.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 22, 2017 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 11875
Location: Illinois
I got a treadmill for my basement. It's amazing how much more sore my back and hamstrings get after a treadmill run as opposed to outside. The treadmill really forces me to have good running form I guess.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 22, 2017 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45117
verb_to_trust wrote:
I got a treadmill for my basement. It's amazing how much more sore my back and hamstrings get after a treadmill run as opposed to outside. The treadmill really forces me to have good running form I guess.

I find this too, when running on a treadmill. Especially my hamstrings.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 22, 2017 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 11875
Location: Illinois
We're going to have to keep stretched out bruh. Can't be getting tendonitis.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed March 22, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3762
i set up dumbbells in my basement along with a tv and dvd player. doing body beast.

good fucking god do i hate the guy and his voice and tone

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 16641
Maybe my most strenuous upper body workout ever today.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed June 14, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4014
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
I went to the gym last night for the only the second time in a week. I felt it too & it wasn't even a particularly tough workout.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Mon June 26, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 7929
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Went to the gym for the first time in around 7 months yesterday. Was expecting to feel a little more sore today, but so far so good.
Felt good to be back there. I asked one of the staff about my old trainer when I was there as I hadn't heard from him in a while - apparently he got escorted off one of the premises a while ago by the cops. Something to do with meth, but no-one seemed to know many details. This shocked me as the whole time I'd known him he came across as being pretty staunchly anti-drugs.

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Fri June 30, 2017 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4014
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Went to the gym tonight for only the second time in ten days. Got in a good 45 minutes but holy hell it feels like I am starting over.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 38859
stayed at the gym for like 20 minutes...i just can't make myself care about going anymore

_________________
Dev wrote:
just cuz im clinically depressed doesn't mean im not a total gangster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 05, 2017 5:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 16641
I worked out. I'm all jacked up now.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 17, 2017 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 6092
Location: Space City
So I'm running to shed some pounds and BMI and also feel less fatigued throughout the day. This last week has felt great, especially since I've cut down on beer and sugary juices and sodas.

I have a couple of questions for those of you who also run short distances for the aforementioned reasons: What kind of workouts are you doing on non-running days? I've been going on walks or riding commuter bikes, but I'd like to start adding some actual workouts to my routine. Not looking to get into serious weight lifting or anything like that. Just cardio to improve my heart rate and shape and strengthen me. Me and my better half are considering going to some spin classes or joining a gym. Worth it?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 1988
washing machine wrote:
So I'm running to shed some pounds and BMI and also feel less fatigued throughout the day. This last week has felt great, especially since I've cut down on beer and sugary juices and sodas.

I have a couple of questions for those of you who also run short distances for the aforementioned reasons: What kind of workouts are you doing on non-running days? I've been going on walks or riding commuter bikes, but I'd like to start adding some actual workouts to my routine. Not looking to get into serious weight lifting or anything like that. Just cardio to improve my heart rate and shape and strengthen me. Me and my better half are considering going to some spin classes or joining a gym. Worth it?

Highly recommend some combination of the rowing machine, jumping rope, and swimming. All offer some level of resistance, albeit minimal. All are much less tedious than running or spin. I'm loving jumping rope in particular; an added benefit is the opportunity to improve balance and coordination. The $25 I spent on a decent weighted speed rope has been a solid investment.

My personal routine is lifting/strength training two or three days a week, and 15 minutes each of rowing, jumping, and swimming on non-lift days, with the intensity of the total 45 minutes depending on my general energy level that day.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 712
Location: WI
I need to mix up my routine on non-running days. Since January I've just been riding a stationary bike for 45-60 min 3-4 times/week. It made sense when I was trying to lose a bunch of weight, but now that I've hit my weight goal it's starting to become depressing. Might give the swimming/rowing combo a try.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 6092
Location: Space City
--- wrote:
washing machine wrote:
So I'm running to shed some pounds and BMI and also feel less fatigued throughout the day. This last week has felt great, especially since I've cut down on beer and sugary juices and sodas.

I have a couple of questions for those of you who also run short distances for the aforementioned reasons: What kind of workouts are you doing on non-running days? I've been going on walks or riding commuter bikes, but I'd like to start adding some actual workouts to my routine. Not looking to get into serious weight lifting or anything like that. Just cardio to improve my heart rate and shape and strengthen me. Me and my better half are considering going to some spin classes or joining a gym. Worth it?

Highly recommend some combination of the rowing machine, jumping rope, and swimming. All offer some level of resistance, albeit minimal. All are much less tedious than running or spin. I'm loving jumping rope in particular; an added benefit is the opportunity to improve balance and coordination. The $25 I spent on a decent weighted speed rope has been a solid investment.

My personal routine is lifting/strength training two or three days a week, and 15 minutes each of rowing, jumping, and swimming on non-lift days, with the intensity of the total 45 minutes depending on my general energy level that day.

Cool, thanks. Actually thinking of joining a gym for access to these kinds of options. Rates are surprisingly low, especially when compared to workout studios which seem to be suited for high salaried folks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 16641
I worked out hard today.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3762
nothing worse than after a workout and showering than having to shit

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 3294
Location: Washington State
100% cosign.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 19, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 7929
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
They finally got the shower fixed in the office. The past few weeks after running back from the gym it's been an ice cold shower for me.....in the middle of winter, but now we have hot water again - so good!

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu December 14, 2017 1:21 pm