The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Sat June 06, 2015 4:18 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Hit the gym this morning. Usually my Saturday ones are the best but lower back was unusually stiff so I let up some. I probably would have cut it short had it not been my first time in four days. Think I might go back tomorrow afternoon for a rare back to back combo.

PostPosted: Wed June 17, 2015 8:44 pm 
The Master

back at the gym for some cardio/interval training. Feeling great.

Bike sprint workout:

4 minute warm up
10 minutes at a good paec
90 second sprint at 80% max heart rate
90 cool down
60 sprint
60 cool down
30 sprint
30 cool down
4 (or 10 minutes) at a good pace then go through the sprint intervals again

Some treadmill work, stretching, abs.

Match in the gas tank, boom boom.

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2015 3:44 pm 

Ugh, I've been slack lately. It's been hot the past week & once I'm home from work I don't want to go out again.

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2015 7:45 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Ugh, I've been slack lately. It's been hot the past week & once I'm home from work I don't want to go out again.

i have my clothes and shoes all laid out. i put my shoes on while sitting on my bed to keep contact minimal with that slice of heaven.

otherwise if my back hits my mattress i am out like a light.

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2015 8:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

when do you guys try and hit the gym? i've had a helluva time trying to get time to do it, especially after work once dinner cooking plans start ramping up. what's a typical day's schedule for you?

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2015 8:35 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

bodysnatcher wrote:
when do you guys try and hit the gym? i've had a helluva time trying to get time to do it, especially after work once dinner cooking plans start ramping up. what's a typical day's schedule for you?

My ideal time is in the morning before work. Get it out of the way for the day. I despise going to the gym after work - too crowded, lack of energy, dinner, etc. But, my life doesn't allow the morning workouts anymore.

So, I work out in the middle of the day, usually M-W-F. When I'm more motivated or have more time, I'll fit a 4th day in there too. My gym is across the street from my office so its really easy to go over, work out, and come back to finish out the day. Sometimes it sucks though because I do have to shorten my workouts so I can get back to work.

PostPosted: Wed June 24, 2015 11:01 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

bodysnatcher wrote:

The gym I go to is like a three minute walk from my office - so I just go during my lunch break. I usually get into the office a bit early so don't need to worry about cutting the workout short

PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2015 1:00 pm 

I go Monday & Wednesday after work and then Saturday mornings. I take a group Power class followed by treadmill. Having a class schedule like that is great for setting a routine getting a habit of going regularly. My Saturday one is consistently the best of the week; I tack on some extra treadmill followed by a short set of increased upper body weight work.
For me three times a week is good but occasionally I'll get a fourth one in. I can tell a difference when I do.

PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2015 5:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
I go Monday & Wednesday after work and then Saturday mornings. I take a group Power class followed by treadmill. Having a class schedule like that is great for setting a routine getting a habit of going regularly. My Saturday one is consistently the best of the week; I tack on some extra treadmill followed by a short set of increased upper body weight work.
For me three times a week is good but occasionally I'll get a fourth one in. I can tell a difference when I do.

Yeah, I like that idea of having a class that makes you be somewhere on time. Or if you are working out with someone.

PostPosted: Thu June 25, 2015 6:50 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:

Yeah, I like that idea of having a class that makes you be somewhere on time. Or if you are working out with someone.

Mine varies. Mostly any time I can make it. I like to go in the evening as it keeps me out of trouble (happy hours turning into late nights and pizza). having times to do yoga is pretty great but now that im back in the gym I try and make it when the time allows. Actually going to be taking off shortly here. I dont like spending much time in the gym so I am really loving my interval training. can accomplish a lot in a quick 30-40 minute cardio blast.

PostPosted: Mon June 29, 2015 1:35 pm 

Biff Pocoroba wrote:

Doubled up Saturday & Sunday so I'm back on track. I'll go again tomorrow & then a rare Friday night workout with a focus on upper body. The 4th on a Saturday is throwing my scheulde off & I know won't go Sunday since I will be sore from a 10k I'm running participating in the day before. I've done next to no prep for it. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 11:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i tried benching 250 today. i got 4 reps and then an outline of the bar across my chest :/

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2015 2:54 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

if anyone laughs when they see people doing a body pump class using light weights punch them.

i counted reps for chest last night and we did 156 straight reps with no break. i wanted to cry and was only doing 20lbs

PostPosted: Fri July 24, 2015 3:05 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Peeps wrote:
if anyone laughs when they see people doing a body pump class using light weights punch them.

i counted reps for chest last night and we did 156 straight reps with no break. i wanted to cry and was only doing 20lbs

yeah my wife does that class and she is dead when she gets home.

PostPosted: Mon July 27, 2015 11:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

allow me a moment to crow

so we have a few younger kids at the gym (late teens early 20s) and the one was on the flat bench doing 185.

all the other benches were taken and i asked if could work in with him once he was done with his set. he says sure and proceeds to remove the 25lb plate from the one side. I let him know it was ok to leave it on. He looked at me like i just asked to have sex with his mother. are YOU sure?

yea, im pretty sure i can do this. so as he is putting it back on he says i am going to be putting another plate on just so you know.

Ok, so youre going to 225? no problem. again he looks at me.

now by no means am i the visual definition of strong. im not massive, im not cut, i just am.

so i did the 185 as he looked on then moved on the 225. after my second set i asked if he needed a spot and he said no, he was going to drop down.

jerk

PostPosted: Tue July 28, 2015 9:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The latest chest workout my trainer gave me is an absolute bitch - each set is...
Bench - 80kg (176lb)
Explosive press ups (hands leave the ground)
Incline dumbbell flys - 22kg dumbells (48.5lb)
Dips

Start off doing 10 and each set do one less working your way down to 1 - in 30 minutes or less

PostPosted: Wed July 29, 2015 12:16 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

dear rangi

your trainer hates you

luv,

peeps

PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2015 4:33 am 
Mind Your Tanners

First time back at the gym today in two weeks due to sickness and junk.

Did a standard chest/arms workout and my body is in pain right now....

PostPosted: Sat August 22, 2015 2:57 pm 

Just did my best gym trip in a over a week. Hurt my index finger so it was hard to grip the bar for a few days and then sinuses went haywire for a bit. Couple that with a general lack of cardio and I was overdue for a good one. A mile & 2/3rds on the treadmill & a really good weights session.

PostPosted: Thu August 27, 2015 2:14 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Peeps wrote:
allow me a moment to crow

so we have a few younger kids at the gym (late teens early 20s) and the one was on the flat bench doing 185.

all the other benches were taken and i asked if could work in with him once he was done with his set. he says sure and proceeds to remove the 25lb plate from the one side. I let him know it was ok to leave it on. He looked at me like i just asked to have sex with his mother. are YOU sure?

yea, im pretty sure i can do this. so as he is putting it back on he says i am going to be putting another plate on just so you know.

Ok, so youre going to 225? no problem. again he looks at me.

now by no means am i the visual definition of strong. im not massive, im not cut, i just am.

so i did the 185 as he looked on then moved on the 225. after my second set i asked if he needed a spot and he said no, he was going to drop down.

jerk

:thumbsup:
I enjoyed this story.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 137  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports