The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu March 05, 2015 7:17 pm 
Rank This Poster

Peeps wrote:
dont get me started on squats.

with each bend of my knees i "feel" like they will give out. mind you its in my head so most probably assume i have a knee injury or something cause right now i do 6X170lbs on my final set. im adding about 10-20lbs per week since i have been doing them. to put it in perspective i do leg extensions (both not one leg) at about 6X170lbs

you should try doing squats w/o weight if your knees dont feel right, that helped for me. even doing weights and supersetting it w/ weightless squats i found made my knees feel more stable. just aim for a rep # instead of lbs.

PostPosted: Thu March 05, 2015 7:27 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

warehouse wrote:
Peeps wrote:
dont get me started on squats.

with each bend of my knees i "feel" like they will give out. mind you its in my head so most probably assume i have a knee injury or something cause right now i do 6X170lbs on my final set. im adding about 10-20lbs per week since i have been doing them. to put it in perspective i do leg extensions (both not one leg) at about 6X170lbs

you should try doing squats w/o weight if your knees dont feel right, that helped for me. even doing weights and supersetting it w/ weightless squats i found made my knees feel more stable. just aim for a rep # instead of lbs.

agreed. also, goblet squats are great. don't need much weight for them to be really effective.

PostPosted: Fri March 06, 2015 5:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I've been doing the 30 Day Planking challenge. So far, so good. It's been really fucking difficult, but I've been able to do it.

Looked this up and started yesterday, figured why the hell not.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I completed the challenge today. It was super fucking difficult and I'm sure my form was shite for the last minute +. But I did the 5 min plank without stopping or breaking at all. Felt so good about it that I went out and ran 8 miles.

:thumbsup:
I take it you started with the 20 seconds, did you do sets or simply what was listed?

I just did what was listed. I wasn't anywhere near the kind of shape I'd need to be in to do sets. I'm a super novice at planking.

Now that I finished it though, I'm thinking about doing another 30 Challenge where I work in side planks, too. But maybe sets is a better idea.

PostPosted: Sat March 07, 2015 2:05 am 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I've been doing the 30 Day Planking challenge. So far, so good. It's been really fucking difficult, but I've been able to do it.

I completed the challenge today. It was super fucking difficult and I'm sure my form was shite for the last minute +. But I did the 5 min plank without stopping or breaking at all. Felt so good about it that I went out and ran 8 miles.

I take it you started with the 20 seconds, did you do sets or simply what was listed?

I just did what was listed. I wasn't anywhere near the kind of shape I'd need to be in to do sets. I'm a super novice at planking.

Now that I finished it though, I'm thinking about doing another 30 Challenge where I work in side planks, too. But maybe sets is a better idea.

I started with three sets and doubling the time. I have no idea how it'll go but sets is definitely a solid move. I like being focused on one primary task every day.

PostPosted: Sat March 07, 2015 1:56 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

what did you listen to when you were doing this? 5 minutes is a long time to do anything, especially a fucking plank. i think id have to listen to radiohead so i forgot where i was and what i was doing.

PostPosted: Sat March 07, 2015 2:24 pm 
The Master

I just started dieting and exercising like 2 days ago and I've already lost six pounds. Feelin' good. Let's do this. :bammer:

PostPosted: Sat March 07, 2015 4:28 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

warehouse wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

what did you listen to when you were doing this? 5 minutes is a long time to do anything, especially a fucking plank. i think id have to listen to radiohead so i forgot where i was and what i was doing.

I didn't listen to anything. But the time flew by for me. I just focused on the stopwatch.

PostPosted: Sat March 07, 2015 4:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I started with three sets and doubling the time. I have no idea how it'll go but sets is definitely a solid move. I like being focused on one primary task every day.

Good on you, man. There's no way I could have done multiple sets of these once I got over a minute and a half. Just doing the one set nearly wrecked me.

PostPosted: Sat March 07, 2015 4:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I just started dieting and exercising like 2 days ago and I've already lost six pounds. Feelin' good. Let's do this. :bammer:

Keep it up man! :bammer:

PostPosted: Mon March 16, 2015 3:35 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Working an unusually late shift today so I hit the gym before coming in the office. Got most of my weights and three/fourths of a mile on the treadmill. I did good but now I come to work on sit for most of the day.

PostPosted: Wed March 18, 2015 7:36 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Hopefully, I'll be leaving work with the hour. I'll head to gym then. Gonna try to hit 30 mins on the bike. Then run 5 on the treadmill. Then abs/lower body. Then some weights.

PostPosted: Mon March 23, 2015 10:35 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
warehouse wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I didn't listen to anything. But the time flew by for me. I just focused on the stopwatch.

god bless you, that sounds like torture. i try to never look at the time when i'm doing stuff like that, i just try to zone out and forget about whats happening.

PostPosted: Sat April 04, 2015 4:08 pm 

Good workout this morning. A little over an hour and a half; mostly weight work plus nearly two miles on the treadmill.

PostPosted: Wed April 08, 2015 10:30 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

9 miles yesterday.

8 miles today.

Gonna rest tomorrow and then do 12 on Friday.

PostPosted: Thu April 09, 2015 12:24 pm 

Back to back workouts the past two days. Plus I've started doing some laps at the soccer fields; got in over two miles worth last night. I'm feeling it today, especially in my legs.

PostPosted: Tue April 14, 2015 4:40 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Todays workout was:
Bench 12 * 80kg (176lb), 10 * 100kg (220lb), 8 * 120kg (264lb)
Flys (dumbell) 12 * 20kg (44lb), 10 * 24kg (53lb), 8 * 26kg (57lb)
Hammer curls 12 * 20kg, 10 * 20kg, 8 * 20kg

Fly machine 21 * 150lb

Then some ab stuff and 10 minutes on the treadmill @ 13kmph (8 mph)

PostPosted: Mon April 20, 2015 9:39 pm 
Champion of RM

I just crunched the numbers and I lift 31,410 pounds per typical workout. That's a lot more than I would have guessed.

PostPosted: Thu April 23, 2015 12:28 pm 

Hit the gym three of the last four days putting me back on schedule after an inconsistent couple of weeks. I've got to better with cardio; the skinny fat factor is starting to creep in again. What fat I do have inevitably goes to the belly.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:42 pm 

Muddled through a rare Friday workout. Still congested & even dropping back on my weights that part was a bit of a struggle. But I figured something was better than nothing. Treadmill wasn't bad though; getting in over a mile and a half.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:05 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Rangi Guy wrote:
Todays workout was:
Bench 12 * 80kg (176lb), 10 * 100kg (220lb), 8 * 120kg (264lb)
Flys (dumbell) 12 * 20kg (44lb), 10 * 24kg (53lb), 8 * 26kg (57lb)
Hammer curls 12 * 20kg, 10 * 20kg, 8 * 20kg

Fly machine 21 * 150lb

Then some ab stuff and 10 minutes on the treadmill @ 13kmph (8 mph)

good job.

mine today was 30 minutes of cardio (2.8 miles) @ 5:15am

another 2.5 miles after work

tricep extn (sitting machine) 6x90, 6X110, 6X120
dips 6, 6, 6
tricep pushdowns (straight bar) 6X80 6X85 6X90
rope extn 6x100 6X110 6X120
dumbbell overhead extn 6*70 6*70 6*70

flat bench 6X185 6X205 6X225 6X235
incline bench 6x155 6x165 6x165
decline bench 6x185 6x205 6x205
cable flys 6x60 6x70 6x80

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 137  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports