The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Just did 30 sit-ups and like 15 push-ups.
Was a bit of a rough go, hadn't done anything during the holidays.

Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 5:22 am 
Gone

I'm running sub 7 min miles for the first time since my stroke last June. 2013 is looking up so far.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 5:29 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:
I'm running sub 7 min miles for the first time since my stroke last June. 2013 is looking up so far.

Post your runs here! I need some motivation, because apparently being a fatty isn't enough.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 12:40 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

verb_to_trust wrote:

good job. i have been doing about 8.5 minute miles during my workouts, no stroke, just fat as my excuse

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 2:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

10 miles in 74 minutes

Woke up at 4 and hit the streets at 4:15. The cold had my arthritis in a tizzy. Legs didn't really warm up until the turnaround and I knew I would put in a negative split. Decent finishing sprint. 38 out. 36 back. It may be time to break out the running tights.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 2:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

damn, i need to use this thread as motivation, im in the process of getting over pneumonia, and get winded walking down the stairs and back up, but even before the pneumonia i was pretty out of shape, need to get back to the treadmill and just general physical activity.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm in the best shape I've probably ever been in, and I'm not running anywhere near 7 minute miles. Jesus. Good work.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:42 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm in the best shape I've probably ever been in, and I'm not running anywhere near 7 minute miles. Jesus. Good work.

i was pretty darn happy getting under 10 minutes back when i was using the treadmill every day, and i cant say i ever did more then 2 miles at a time.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:44 pm 
The Master

Carrying a little extra holiday weight:\

I may get back into the gym soon here though. Definitely upping my skiing and yoga though! :nice: :finger:

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:46 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'll usually only get in three runs a week. I try to keep all of them above 5 miles. Usually, I do 7 miles at a clip, and I keep it at around 9mins + change. When I really push I can get closer to 8.5 min/mi. 14.5 miles is still my longest single run. But I've done that three times now. And I've done over 13 six or seven times. I'm getting there.

While I certainly call myself a runner, I'm not a racer nor a speedster.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:59 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Getting under 3 hours for a marathon is gonna be tough for me, but it's doable. I'll be doing a lot of speed and hill work. The course has a net elevation loss of 1,000 feet, so it will be like having a built-in 5 to 10 minute cheat. Even if I have a bad day, I should qualify for Boston.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

turned2black wrote:
Getting under 3 hours for a marathon is gonna be tough for me, but it's doable. I'll be doing a lot of speed and hill work. The course has a net elevation loss of 1,000 feet, so it will be like having a built-in 5 to 10 minute cheat. Even if I have a bad day, I should qualify for Boston.

:thumbsup:

Go get it, kid!

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:09 pm 
Future Drummer

I started getting back into shape mid November. For me that means weights for 45 minutes 4 times a week, a 10-14 km trail run on a mountain trail and biking 75 miles a week. I was 20lbs over weight for the first time in my life. Have lost 5lbs and put back on a lot of muscle already. Just added half kilometre swim to the daily routine. Will work that up to a kilometre over the next month.

To keep motivated Ive signed up for a half marathon (did one last year for the first time), a triathlon (never done one) and tough mudder (did one last year). There's a few 10 k runs in there too. Getting older sucks. I still want to giver like I'm 25 but i'll be 48. I can't see an upside to this getting older shit.

Oh well, off to Whistler for a few days to let it kick my ass and take my first break since mid-November.

turned2black - sub 3 marathon that's good, fucking good. I'll be happy if I do my half sub 1:45. I was sub 2 hours last year but missed 6 weeks training 2 months prior due to breaking some ribs snowboarding.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

surfndestroy wrote:
turned2black - sub 3 marathon that's good, fucking good. I'll be happy if I do my half sub 1:45. I was sub 2 hours last year but missed 6 weeks training 2 months prior due to breaking some ribs snowboarding.

I'm switching back to marathons after spending the last 5 years in ultras, so the miles won't bother me. I'll be focused on the speedwork and tempo runs.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 11:12 pm 
Gone

turned2black wrote:
10 miles in 74 minutes

Woke up at 4 and hit the streets at 4:15. The cold had my arthritis in a tizzy. Legs didn't really warm up until the turnaround and I knew I would put in a negative split. Decent finishing sprint. 38 out. 36 back. It may be time to break out the running tights.

I have been in the peter pan tights a few times. Mine are a charcoal grey. At the time of purchase I didn't realize how much a negative this could be. Really, any color but black and navy make it look like your package is coming at people in 3d...

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm 
Gone

turned2black wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

I'm switching back to marathons after spending the last 5 years in ultras, so the miles won't bother me. I'll be focused on the speedwork and tempo runs.

I'm doing the run for your lives zombie 5k in September. Looks really fun..

Also doing a short four miler at the end of the month. Shooting for about 25 minutes there.

PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 11:16 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

45 minutes of weights this morning before work. Planning on weight/cardio tomorrow night after work. I was doing pretty well leading up to Christmas and managed to keep it up the past two weeks.
Gym wasn't too crowded this morning. I'd expect all the resolutioners to start showing up en masse next week, maybe as soon as Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 2:02 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

ybbalf oot ton ,thginot 54:8 elim a did i

Last edited by Peeps on Thu January 03, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 2:22 am 
Polluted

i did a mile evey 8:45 tonight, not too flabby

PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 2:29 am 
Mind Your Tanners

verb_to_trust wrote:
turned2black wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:

I'm doing the run for your lives zombie 5k in September. Looks really fun..

Also doing a short four miler at the end of the month. Shooting for about 25 minutes there.

I saw one of those zombie runs on comic book men a month or 2 ago, looked pretty fun, hope you enjoy it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2729 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 137  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports