The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2321 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 117  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 15916
Just did 30 sit-ups and like 15 push-ups.
Was a bit of a rough go, hadn't done anything during the holidays.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 11697
Location: Illinois
I'm running sub 7 min miles for the first time since my stroke last June. 2013 is looking up so far.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 5:29 am 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
verb_to_trust wrote:
I'm running sub 7 min miles for the first time since my stroke last June. 2013 is looking up so far.

Post your runs here! I need some motivation, because apparently being a fatty isn't enough.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3721
verb_to_trust wrote:
I'm running sub 7 min miles for the first time since my stroke last June. 2013 is looking up so far.



good job. i have been doing about 8.5 minute miles during my workouts, no stroke, just fat as my excuse

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
10 miles in 74 minutes

Woke up at 4 and hit the streets at 4:15. The cold had my arthritis in a tizzy. Legs didn't really warm up until the turnaround and I knew I would put in a negative split. Decent finishing sprint. 38 out. 36 back. It may be time to break out the running tights.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10563
damn, i need to use this thread as motivation, im in the process of getting over pneumonia, and get winded walking down the stairs and back up, but even before the pneumonia i was pretty out of shape, need to get back to the treadmill and just general physical activity.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I'm in the best shape I've probably ever been in, and I'm not running anywhere near 7 minute miles. Jesus. Good work.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10563
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm in the best shape I've probably ever been in, and I'm not running anywhere near 7 minute miles. Jesus. Good work.


i was pretty darn happy getting under 10 minutes back when i was using the treadmill every day, and i cant say i ever did more then 2 miles at a time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30852
Location: Mountains
Carrying a little extra holiday weight:\

I may get back into the gym soon here though. Definitely upping my skiing and yoga though! :nice: :finger:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I'll usually only get in three runs a week. I try to keep all of them above 5 miles. Usually, I do 7 miles at a clip, and I keep it at around 9mins + change. When I really push I can get closer to 8.5 min/mi. 14.5 miles is still my longest single run. But I've done that three times now. And I've done over 13 six or seven times. I'm getting there.

While I certainly call myself a runner, I'm not a racer nor a speedster.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 7:59 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
Getting under 3 hours for a marathon is gonna be tough for me, but it's doable. I'll be doing a lot of speed and hill work. The course has a net elevation loss of 1,000 feet, so it will be like having a built-in 5 to 10 minute cheat. Even if I have a bad day, I should qualify for Boston.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 55153
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
turned2black wrote:
Getting under 3 hours for a marathon is gonna be tough for me, but it's doable. I'll be doing a lot of speed and hill work. The course has a net elevation loss of 1,000 feet, so it will be like having a built-in 5 to 10 minute cheat. Even if I have a bad day, I should qualify for Boston.

:thumbsup:

Go get it, kid!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:21 am
Posts: 1418
I started getting back into shape mid November. For me that means weights for 45 minutes 4 times a week, a 10-14 km trail run on a mountain trail and biking 75 miles a week. I was 20lbs over weight for the first time in my life. Have lost 5lbs and put back on a lot of muscle already. Just added half kilometre swim to the daily routine. Will work that up to a kilometre over the next month.

To keep motivated Ive signed up for a half marathon (did one last year for the first time), a triathlon (never done one) and tough mudder (did one last year). There's a few 10 k runs in there too. Getting older sucks. I still want to giver like I'm 25 but i'll be 48. I can't see an upside to this getting older shit.

Oh well, off to Whistler for a few days to let it kick my ass and take my first break since mid-November.

turned2black - sub 3 marathon that's good, fucking good. I'll be happy if I do my half sub 1:45. I was sub 2 hours last year but missed 6 weeks training 2 months prior due to breaking some ribs snowboarding.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 8:20 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
surfndestroy wrote:
turned2black - sub 3 marathon that's good, fucking good. I'll be happy if I do my half sub 1:45. I was sub 2 hours last year but missed 6 weeks training 2 months prior due to breaking some ribs snowboarding.

I'm switching back to marathons after spending the last 5 years in ultras, so the miles won't bother me. I'll be focused on the speedwork and tempo runs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 11697
Location: Illinois
turned2black wrote:
10 miles in 74 minutes

Woke up at 4 and hit the streets at 4:15. The cold had my arthritis in a tizzy. Legs didn't really warm up until the turnaround and I knew I would put in a negative split. Decent finishing sprint. 38 out. 36 back. It may be time to break out the running tights.



I have been in the peter pan tights a few times. Mine are a charcoal grey. At the time of purchase I didn't realize how much a negative this could be. Really, any color but black and navy make it look like your package is coming at people in 3d...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 11697
Location: Illinois
turned2black wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
turned2black - sub 3 marathon that's good, fucking good. I'll be happy if I do my half sub 1:45. I was sub 2 hours last year but missed 6 weeks training 2 months prior due to breaking some ribs snowboarding.

I'm switching back to marathons after spending the last 5 years in ultras, so the miles won't bother me. I'll be focused on the speedwork and tempo runs.



I'm doing the run for your lives zombie 5k in September. Looks really fun..

Also doing a short four miler at the end of the month. Shooting for about 25 minutes there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 02, 2013 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 3950
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
45 minutes of weights this morning before work. Planning on weight/cardio tomorrow night after work. I was doing pretty well leading up to Christmas and managed to keep it up the past two weeks.
Gym wasn't too crowded this morning. I'd expect all the resolutioners to start showing up en masse next week, maybe as soon as Saturday.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3721
ybbalf oot ton ,thginot 54:8 elim a did i

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Last edited by Peeps on Thu January 03, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 2:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Polluted
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:27 am
Posts: 6994
Location: PM me, I have everything.
i did a mile evey 8:45 tonight, not too flabby


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10563
verb_to_trust wrote:
turned2black wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
turned2black - sub 3 marathon that's good, fucking good. I'll be happy if I do my half sub 1:45. I was sub 2 hours last year but missed 6 weeks training 2 months prior due to breaking some ribs snowboarding.

I'm switching back to marathons after spending the last 5 years in ultras, so the miles won't bother me. I'll be focused on the speedwork and tempo runs.



I'm doing the run for your lives zombie 5k in September. Looks really fun..

Also doing a short four miler at the end of the month. Shooting for about 25 minutes there.


I saw one of those zombie runs on comic book men a month or 2 ago, looked pretty fun, hope you enjoy it


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2321 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 117  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu November 23, 2017 10:30 pm