The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67359
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't remember weighing less than 168 pounds. I must have at some point... birth, maybe?

But CHRIST what I wouldn't give to weigh 168 again.

what's your current height and weight? i think my highest was around 165ish before FatFest 2017

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84143
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't remember weighing less than 168 pounds. I must have at some point... birth, maybe?

But CHRIST what I wouldn't give to weigh 168 again.

what's your current height and weight? i think my highest was around 165ish before FatFest 2017

I'm 5'11 and I weigh 181 right now. That's still pretty decent for me. Most of my life (except 1999-2004) I've been extremely overweight. Right after college, I got up to 236.

This summer I dropped to 168. But then I hurt my foot and I haven't been able to run consistently since. I've run a bit, in patches, here and there. Now my knee is fucked, so I'm on another break. I've started lifting weights. So... Some of that weight might be muscle and not just fat. Maybe.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67359
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't remember weighing less than 168 pounds. I must have at some point... birth, maybe?

But CHRIST what I wouldn't give to weigh 168 again.

what's your current height and weight? i think my highest was around 165ish before FatFest 2017

I'm 5'11 and I weigh 181 right now. That's still pretty decent for me. Most of my life (except 1999-2004) I've been extremely overweight. Right after college, I got up to 236.

This summer I dropped to 168. But then I hurt my foot and I haven't been able to run consistently since. I've run a bit, in patches, here and there. Now my knee is fucked, so I'm on another break. I've started lifting weights. So... Some of that weight might be muscle and not just fat. Maybe.

yeah that's not a bad weight for your height, and like you said you probably are adding muscle...being able to get back to running will help for sure...what happened to your knee?

i'd always been pretty skinny, but never in shape...hopefully i'm working toward the best of both worlds

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84143
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't remember weighing less than 168 pounds. I must have at some point... birth, maybe?

But CHRIST what I wouldn't give to weigh 168 again.

what's your current height and weight? i think my highest was around 165ish before FatFest 2017

I'm 5'11 and I weigh 181 right now. That's still pretty decent for me. Most of my life (except 1999-2004) I've been extremely overweight. Right after college, I got up to 236.

This summer I dropped to 168. But then I hurt my foot and I haven't been able to run consistently since. I've run a bit, in patches, here and there. Now my knee is fucked, so I'm on another break. I've started lifting weights. So... Some of that weight might be muscle and not just fat. Maybe.

yeah that's not a bad weight for your height, and like you said you probably are adding muscle...being able to get back to running will help for sure...what happened to your knee?

i'd always been pretty skinny, but never in shape...hopefully i'm working toward the best of both worlds

I woke up on my 40th birthday and my left knee didn't work. It hurt like hell and I could barely walk on it. I literally have no idea what happened. The night before I was fine. Then... suddenly... I was 40 and shit stopped working.

I've tried to run a couple of times since (on days that it's felt much better) and I can't make it more than a mile before shit gives out on me or flairs up. So... no idea.

Good luck to you len. I hope you find what you're looking for.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67359
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't remember weighing less than 168 pounds. I must have at some point... birth, maybe?

But CHRIST what I wouldn't give to weigh 168 again.

what's your current height and weight? i think my highest was around 165ish before FatFest 2017

I'm 5'11 and I weigh 181 right now. That's still pretty decent for me. Most of my life (except 1999-2004) I've been extremely overweight. Right after college, I got up to 236.

This summer I dropped to 168. But then I hurt my foot and I haven't been able to run consistently since. I've run a bit, in patches, here and there. Now my knee is fucked, so I'm on another break. I've started lifting weights. So... Some of that weight might be muscle and not just fat. Maybe.

yeah that's not a bad weight for your height, and like you said you probably are adding muscle...being able to get back to running will help for sure...what happened to your knee?

i'd always been pretty skinny, but never in shape...hopefully i'm working toward the best of both worlds

I woke up on my 40th birthday and my left knee didn't work. It hurt like hell and I could barely walk on it. I literally have no idea what happened. The night before I was fine. Then... suddenly... I was 40 and shit stopped working.

I've tried to run a couple of times since (on days that it's felt much better) and I can't make it more than a mile before shit gives out on me or flairs up. So... no idea.

Good luck to you len. I hope you find what you're looking for.

weird...i'm dying before 40 so i'll never experience that...though i do remember in middle school my knee hurt like crap when i walked, but i could run on it no problem at all during physical education...but as soon as i stopped, instant pain

back in january i got a pool membership and went periodically...my buddy, who is also a dr. pepper addict, told me he didn't drink any dp and ate decent for about two weeks and dropped around 5 pounds...i took it as kind of a challenge and have changed my diet fairly heavily, and been more active...part of it was just my obsessive personality and seeing how far i could take this...i plateaued on weight loss though so i finally just put the scale away last week

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:09 pm 
Offline
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 15896
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
doug rr wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i can’t wait to get down to 135 pounds

that was like 8th grade weight for me

that was probably college weight for me

i think Argo is around that now...seriously

This time last year I hovered between 128 and 132. Then I drank a lot of Dr. Peppers and ate a lot of Baked Lays and didn't get great sleep last summer and now I hover between 137 and 140. I don't know if I'll ever get back, but it's OK.

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 27447
The Argonaut wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
doug rr wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i can’t wait to get down to 135 pounds

that was like 8th grade weight for me

that was probably college weight for me

i think Argo is around that now...seriously

This time last year I hovered between 128 and 132. Then I drank a lot of Dr. Peppers and ate a lot of Baked Lays and didn't get great sleep last summer and now I hover between 137 and 140. I don't know if I'll ever get back, but it's OK.

you fat f*ck!

_________________
*flowers*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:41 am 
Offline
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 15896
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
Ha, I just have a few soft spots

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67359
i had no idea you were such a dr. pepper fan

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:16 am 
Offline
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 15896
Location: I am taking care of some ducks
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i had no idea you were such a dr. pepper fan

Not anymore! It betrayed me

_________________
a sweet boy with a friendly disposition and a good sense of humor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67359
The Argonaut wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i had no idea you were such a dr. pepper fan

Not anymore! It betrayed me

i'm approaching four months clean and sober...i kinda miss it so much sorta

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 6832
Location: 5th floor, Bay 7, position 5740
Got at the gym this morning at 5:20 for a good 45 minute workout.
If I don't post about going to exercise that early how else would you know about it?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14877
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't remember weighing less than 168 pounds. I must have at some point... birth, maybe?

But CHRIST what I wouldn't give to weigh 168 again.

what's your current height and weight? i think my highest was around 165ish before FatFest 2017

I'm 5'11 and I weigh 181 right now. That's still pretty decent for me. Most of my life (except 1999-2004) I've been extremely overweight. Right after college, I got up to 236.

This summer I dropped to 168. But then I hurt my foot and I haven't been able to run consistently since. I've run a bit, in patches, here and there. Now my knee is fucked, so I'm on another break. I've started lifting weights. So... Some of that weight might be muscle and not just fat. Maybe.

yeah that's not a bad weight for your height, and like you said you probably are adding muscle...being able to get back to running will help for sure...what happened to your knee?

i'd always been pretty skinny, but never in shape...hopefully i'm working toward the best of both worlds

I woke up on my 40th birthday and my left knee didn't work. It hurt like hell and I could barely walk on it. I literally have no idea what happened. The night before I was fine. Then... suddenly... I was 40 and shit stopped working.

I've tried to run a couple of times since (on days that it's felt much better) and I can't make it more than a mile before shit gives out on me or flairs up. So... no idea.

Good luck to you len. I hope you find what you're looking for.

I am with you on the sudden break down at 40. I feel it all over.

Also seeing you spell flare as “flair” is just too perfect.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Not as great as you think
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 14877
Location: Growing dick, fixing and filing things.
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Got at the gym this morning at 5:20 for a good 45 minute workout.
If I don't post about going to exercise that early how else would you know about it?

I actually got to the office before business hours yesterday and saw people coming in on a Monday morning after having already gone to the gym and I just felt defeated. I want that.

_________________
PM me for tips on writing a great signature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67359
i really don’t like lifting weights

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue August 18, 2020 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 20, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 4398
I'm starting to get back to where I was pre-forced Covid break. Really that's not true. I'm still a lot weaker on everything but I'm starting to make good progress and feeling good lifting again so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was probably the strongest I've ever been back in March before the world ended so it'll take some time to get all the way back. I'm also on a slight caloric deficit right now, trying to get my body fat % down a little bit so that's gotta be slowing down the strength progress a little bit.

_________________
"I want to see the whole picture--as nearly as I can. I don't want to put on the blinders of 'good and bad,' and limit my vision."-- In Dubious Battle



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 19, 2020 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 6832
Location: 5th floor, Bay 7, position 5740
Unusually good one this morning.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Sat September 19, 2020 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 67359
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Unusually good one this morning.

what's your routine?

_________________
malice wrote:
that's because you suck too.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun September 27, 2020 2:12 pm