The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 3:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 16641
I worked out after my run. Just like running I'm not quite where I was but actually I might feel the best in terms of upper body that I ever have.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Sun November 26, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 16641
Played some hockey and went for a skate yesterday afternoon and worked out in the evening.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 16641
left shoulder is hurting pretty bad from weight training.

_________________
The Argonaut wrote:
Dev thinks that his philosophical rants make sense and are easily followable and logical.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 6097
Location: Space City
Dev wrote:
left shoulder is hurting pretty bad from weight training.

My right shoulder has hurt since November 3rd, the day of the Astros victory parade. I was trying to get a lift up a floor on the outside of a parking garage and didn't have the arm strength to really make the move.

Any suggestions on how to stretch and heal this persistent pain?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 1882
Location: The In Between
Put one knee and one hand on a bench with your other leg on the ground. Basically, your upper body is parallel to the ground. Grab a light weight - 3 lbs maybe. Then with palms forward just do a reverse fly with the arm of the shoulder bothering you. If you're doing it right, the weight will be perpendicular to the ground at the height of the lift. High reps, low weight. Most shoulder injuries, I'm told, are due to weak muscles in your back. I had awful shoulder pain. I attribute it getting better to this move more than anything else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 6097
Location: Space City
daft twat wrote:
Put one knee and one hand on a bench with your other leg on the ground. Basically, your upper body is parallel to the ground. Grab a light weight - 3 lbs maybe. Then with palms forward just do a reverse fly with the arm of the shoulder bothering you. If you're doing it right, the weight will be perpendicular to the ground at the height of the lift. High reps, low weight. Most shoulder injuries, I'm told, are due to weak muscles in your back. I had awful shoulder pain. I attribute it getting better to this move more than anything else.

Thanks a lot. This one is really bugging me (especially when I sleep), and I'd like to build up the upper body after I take care of this so it won't happen again. I'm thinking about rock gyms.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Work-Out Thread
PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 2:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 1882
Location: The In Between
washing machine wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Put one knee and one hand on a bench with your other leg on the ground. Basically, your upper body is parallel to the ground. Grab a light weight - 3 lbs maybe. Then with palms forward just do a reverse fly with the arm of the shoulder bothering you. If you're doing it right, the weight will be perpendicular to the ground at the height of the lift. High reps, low weight. Most shoulder injuries, I'm told, are due to weak muscles in your back. I had awful shoulder pain. I attribute it getting better to this move more than anything else.

Thanks a lot. This one is really bugging me (especially when I sleep), and I'd like to build up the upper body after I take care of this so it won't happen again. I'm thinking about rock gyms.


No worries. Embarrassingly, I think my pain came from overuse due to ping pong. I saw a p.t., and he gave me several exercises. That one I could do pretty much anywhere, so I did it religiously, and the pain went away after a while. All dudes focus on the chest, but for health, a strong back is where it's at.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TBAMTS and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri December 15, 2017 4:37 am