Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Atlanta Braves

Mon April 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Biff Pocoroba wrote:4-0 against the Padres, 2-13 against everyone else. That bullpen is dumpster fire right now.

Not unexpected though right? This team is built to suck right now. They aren't trying to win as an organization at the major league level.

They are basically stretching until June so they can bring up more of the young talent. They are performing better than last year, but the major league product is just awful right now because of the moves they've made to build up the farm system.

I think they will likely finish this year like they did last year with a flurry to get to .500 but yeah starting pitching through the awful bullpen, it's just not a good ball club right now.

Tue May 02, 2017 3:35 pm

The Battery is definitely cool. It will be a big draw. It artificially, but rather successfully, recreates the neighborhood feel of a Wrigley or Fenway. There's bars, restaurants, retail (which I think is dumb) and a theatre.

Tue May 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Went for BP. A guy wasn't paying attention and took one off the chest. A kid misjudged another off the head. At 400ish feet, that's gotta hurt.

Mon May 08, 2017 1:48 pm

How about them Braves.... I mean go Ballpark.

Fri July 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Well they're not awful coming out of the break; actually have a middle of the pack record with a pretty decent lineup. The pitching has been all over the place though and that doesn't look to change anytime soon.
The rebuild is going better than Philly's & the Mets turned out to be a mess so that's cool to watch. And the same ol' Marlins story.

Fri January 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Set your DVR - Atlanta Rules: The Story of the '90s Braves premieres on February 13 at 9:00 pm on the MLB Network.

Fri January 12, 2018 5:01 pm

CopperTom wrote:Set your DVR - Atlanta Rules: The Story of the '90s Braves premieres on February 13 at 9:00 pm on the MLB Network.

nobody cares

Fri January 12, 2018 8:31 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
CopperTom wrote:Set your DVR - Atlanta Rules: The Story of the '90s Braves premieres on February 13 at 9:00 pm on the MLB Network.

nobody cares

I care, jerk.

Fri January 12, 2018 9:13 pm

CopperTom wrote:

nobody cares

I care, jerk.

i'm sorry i yelled at you

Fri January 12, 2018 9:25 pm

CopperTom wrote:

nobody cares

I care, jerk.

I'm sorry I called you a jerk.

Fri January 12, 2018 9:45 pm

CopperTom wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

nobody cares

I care, jerk.

i just sneezed 3 times

Thu March 22, 2018 6:23 pm

CopperTom wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

nobody cares

I care, jerk.

i just sneezed 3 times

I forgot to DVR this :(

Thu March 22, 2018 6:25 pm

No Acuna until April 13. Best long long term decision. I can't wait.

Thu March 22, 2018 6:30 pm

CopperTom wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

nobody cares

I care, jerk.

i just sneezed 3 times

I forgot to DVR this :(

oh, snap

Thu March 29, 2018 4:49 pm

78-84. Possibly better. The NL East is at an all-time low. We should win 40+ game in our division. Next year we're back. Go Braves!

Thu March 29, 2018 9:23 pm

CopperTom wrote:78-84. Possibly better. The NL East is at an all-time low. We should win 40+ game in our division. Next year we're back. Go Braves!

you’re drunk

Fri March 30, 2018 11:14 am

CopperTom wrote:78-84. Possibly better. The NL East is at an all-time low. We should win 40+ game in our division. Next year we're back. Go Braves!

you’re drunk

I don't drink.

Mon April 02, 2018 1:05 pm

If they're close to .500 I'll start paying attention again. Last season was worse than expected and I lost interest in the second half. The division is bad too so you're right, that should help their record. I hope the pitching stabilizes; that's what the brass has been hanging their hats on during the rebuild.

Mon April 02, 2018 1:22 pm

I think they'll be pretty close to .500 78-84 sounds like a good number to me.

They should have a variety of pitchers who can contribute at this point and they should be starting to make moves that finally begin to benefit the major league club in July. They'll showcase a bunch of young pitchers before that I feel certain and I feel very good about Acuna (even though over hyping young position players who can't play is an Atlanta Braves front office past time. This feels decidedly different)

Nothing is going to bring back Andrelton Simmons and that was an unbelievably stupid trade, but it is what it is.

They will field a more watchable defensive team than they have in the past, and they are going to score a few more runs even if the ball doesn't travel over the fence very often.

9 early games against the Phillies and Kapler might be a gift.

Tue April 03, 2018 2:38 am

Only 10 walks tonight.... of course it was a Newcomb start.
Post a reply