Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: Camping/Backpacking

Tue July 09, 2019 3:58 am

run2death wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
run2death wrote:The fee at my favorite camping spot on the Mogollon Rim is going from $30 a night to $135.

WTF?!

there's still time to stop it

Kill everybody?

please don't joke about murder

it's just a proposal at this point...you can submit comments: https://ktar.com/story/2646251/us-fores ... mpgrounds/

Tue July 09, 2019 4:10 am

run2death wrote:
run2death wrote:The fee at my favorite camping spot on the Mogollon Rim is going from $30 a night to $135.

WTF?!

Kill everybody?

it's just a proposal at this point...you can submit comments: https://ktar.com/story/2646251/us-fores ... mpgrounds/

Yeah, submitting a comment was gonna be my second choice.

:thumbsup:

Tue July 09, 2019 4:19 am

run2death wrote:
run2death wrote:

WTF?!

Kill everybody?

Yeah, submitting a comment was gonna be my second choice.

:thumbsup:

i hope in the future you make something rational your first choice

camping

Mon July 06, 2020 7:46 pm

i loved it as a kid, not so much anymore..anyway, we bought a tent last year and went a couple times..we're going again this thursday for 3 nights..i think i'd rather rent a winnebago or something

Re: camping

Mon July 06, 2020 7:49 pm

Doug:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3240&hilit=Camping

Re: camping

Mon July 06, 2020 7:50 pm

damnit..merge

Mon July 06, 2020 7:52 pm

Bump for Doug

Mon July 06, 2020 9:02 pm

I spent 33 nights in my tent last year, but none at all so far this year.

Sun July 12, 2020 9:34 pm

after camping the last 4 days I realized that i really f*cking hate camping..I hope to never go again but that won't happen

Sun July 12, 2020 9:42 pm

I think I hate camping with family, or really anyone who’s depending on me to do anything more than the bare minimum (like shower). Love camping with buddies who don’t give a fuck if I stink or if a spider gets in the tent.

Sun July 12, 2020 9:57 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:I think I hate camping with family, or really anyone who’s depending on me to do anything more than the bare minimum (like shower). Love camping with buddies who don’t give a fuck if I stink or if a spider gets in the tent.

Heh, I'll trade you. You can be a Scoutmaster for a Scout Troop.

Sun July 12, 2020 9:59 pm

You know who loved camping? Jason Voorhees

Sun July 12, 2020 10:03 pm

B wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:I think I hate camping with family, or really anyone who’s depending on me to do anything more than the bare minimum (like shower). Love camping with buddies who don’t give a fuck if I stink or if a spider gets in the tent.

Heh, I'll trade you. You can be a Scoutmaster for a Scout Troop.

Deal, but you have to deal with my wife every time a twig snaps.

Sun July 12, 2020 10:17 pm

I love everything about camping/backpacking...

...but those goddamn motherfucking terrorist agent orange mosquitos can really kill a good time, and NOTHING consistently works for me except DEET! I hate that chemical assault, but often have no other choice.

Any good remedies will happily be taken under advisement.

fake deet (Repel)... Nope!
high frequency tones... Nope!
citronella candles... Nope!
essential oils (citrus, ppmt)... Nope!
light zappers... Effing NOPE!!!

I think a full body mosquito net is on the horizon unless someone comes up with something pretty quick!

Help!

Sun July 12, 2020 10:23 pm

My citronella candles from last year have a bunch of dead mosquitoes in them.

I don't think they are very much repelled if they are willing to jump into that hot smelly wax for a bath

Sun July 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Note to self:. People depend on trag to shower

*Closes notebook*

Sun July 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Guess what? I am going camping Tuesday and Wednesday. I have to go dig out my grill chained to a tripod apparatus from the buggy out-cellar. I don't want to . That's why I am posting on RM instead

Wed July 15, 2020 1:20 pm

Was supposed to go on a nice backpack trip this weekend but there is a fire ban. Makes for a long mosquito infested night up at 12,000' without a fire :(

Wed July 15, 2020 1:21 pm

How do you guys feel about people who burn plastic in campfires? I disagree with their tactics

Wed July 15, 2020 1:23 pm

The Argonaut wrote:How do you guys feel about people who burn plastic in campfires? I disagree with their tactics

White trash
Post a reply