Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Camping/Backpacking

Fri February 14, 2014 4:48 pm

This is my summer jam. Sure, I love skiing and being a snow bro, but come summer time im all about stuffing my pack and wandering out to the nether.

here is one of my favorite spots:

I try and stick to light weight backpacking but sometimes fail because I love to drink beer after a trek outward.

Re: Camping/Backpacking

Fri February 14, 2014 6:09 pm

I don't get to backpack as much as I would like. The wife hates camping. I did get up to Humphreys Peak near Flagstaff a couple of years ago with my brother. It was lovely.

Thu February 27, 2014 9:56 pm

This is my favorite thing to do in the world, and I spend my winters in the Columbia River Gorge and my summers in the Oregon and Washington Cascades.

I even published a book on it: http://www.amazon.com/Off-Beaten-Trail- ... aten+Trail

Or my website: http://www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com

Here are a few of my photos:

Thu February 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Nice! Get your ass to the photography thread, matt reeder.

Fri February 28, 2014 6:05 pm

or to Colorado and lets get bushwacking!

Fri February 28, 2014 6:24 pm

This is the gateway to my favorite stomping grounds: Glacier Gorge!

...or really anywhere around Longs Peak or the east side of RMNP!

...I'll be bushwhacking off trail around Glen Haven tomorrow :-D

Fri February 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Iholdthepain wrote:This is the gateway to my favorite stomping grounds: Glacier Gorge!

...or really anywhere around Longs Peak or the east side of RMNP!

...I'll be bushwhacking off trail around Glen Haven tomorrow :-D

I hate, sometimes, how big this state is. Too much to see out my backdoor how the hell am i going to see every where in CO? let alone the rest of the world. G dangit.

Fri February 28, 2014 6:48 pm

I need to get my ass to CO this summer.

Fri March 07, 2014 9:06 am

do any of you guys do overnight trips?

Fri March 07, 2014 9:07 am

Fri March 07, 2014 9:19 am

Dev wrote:do any of you guys do overnight trips?

Haven't yet, but I will this summer. Plan on camping at S. Colony Lakes sometime in June

Fri March 07, 2014 9:51 am

Iholdthepain wrote:

Haven't yet, but I will this summer. Plan on camping at S. Colony Lakes sometime in June

what's the total distance of the hike. I think the furthest I ever went in one go was something like 50 km over 2 nights

Fri March 07, 2014 9:57 am

Dev wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

what's the total distance of the hike. I think the furthest I ever went in one go was something like 50 km over 2 nights

10.75 miles roundtrip, and that's with a summit.

Fri March 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Yea, most of my backpacking trips are over night. At least 1 or 2 nights. I try and spend m weekends in a tent. I'd really like to do an extended week long trip somewhere. May do the Maroon Bells loop this summer

Fri March 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Big fan of overnight backpacking trips, though I haven't been able to do it as much since having kids. I took my nephew out last year for his first overnight backpacking camp. Can't wait till I can get my girls out there for a similar trip:

Fri March 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Strat wrote:

Yea, most of my backpacking trips are over night. At least 1 or 2 nights. I try and spend m weekends in a tent. I'd really like to do an extended week long trip somewhere. May do the Maroon Bells loop this summer

awesome, what's the longest trip you have ever done?

Fri March 07, 2014 11:39 pm

sherpahigh wrote:Big fan of overnight backpacking trips, though I haven't been able to do it as much since having kids. I took my nephew out last year for his first overnight backpacking camp. Can't wait till I can get my girls out there for a similar trip:

god i love alberta/bc.

where is that sherpa?

Sat March 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Dev wrote:god i love alberta/bc.

where is that sherpa?

It's peadly pass. Accessed from the Colombia valley just East if Windermere. Lots of beautiful hikes out that way.

Sat March 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Beautiful shots, guys. :thumbsup:

Fri March 21, 2014 2:15 pm

I've never gone hiking or camping. I'd like to do a day-hike someday. Camping overnight seems gross.
Post a reply