Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Fishing

Thu February 13, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Fishing

Thu February 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Thu February 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Fri February 14, 2014 12:08 am

i find trolling to be most rewarding

Fri February 14, 2014 12:10 am

I used to fish with grandpa. Now I'm too lazy to get a license.

Fri February 14, 2014 12:12 am

I like to wade up to my waist and toss around a jig n pig

Fri February 14, 2014 12:13 am

Hey doug did you catch lenny's friend on Jeopardy! last night?

Fri February 14, 2014 12:14 am

cutuphalfdead wrote:Hey doug did you catch lenny's friend on Jeopardy! last night?

I did..such a quick start and then quickly got stomped...a lot like lenny

Fri February 14, 2014 12:23 am

Post your best catch stories.

Mine was fishing from a boat in Western Port bay. It was Elephant Shark season and they were hooking up well, and were good sizes. But the pity about Elephant Sharks is, that while they are decent size fish (usually 1 meter upwards), they're a bit of a shitty fighter. So when my rod started going nuts, we knew there was something else on the end. After a good few minutes of fighting/reeling I hauled in a nice 120 cm Gummy Shark.

Often Gummies run in pairs with a mate, so if you're quick enough to drop your line back in, you may hook the mate too. Today was my lucky day, and not even a minute has passed since dropping my line back in, and the fight was on again. I pulled that bastard in (130 cm), and we ate the best home made crumbed flake that I'd ever eaten in my life.

The Elephant Shark tasted like shit though, so I gave mine away.

Fri February 14, 2014 12:26 am

Fri February 14, 2014 12:30 am

I was out bass fishing in Denver one day and after a couple hours of only catching a few I decided to change lures to a Mepps spinner to try for some northern pike..after about 5 minutes I hooked one that came in at 44 inches long and about 22 lbs..I had my buddy take a picture then I let it go

Fri February 14, 2014 12:32 am

Why doesn't this forum have quick reply option?

Fri February 14, 2014 12:35 am

Kaius wrote:Why doesn't this forum have quick reply option?

It does now. :D

Fri February 14, 2014 12:35 am

doug rr wrote:I was out bass fishing in Denver one day and after a couple hours of only catching a few I decided to change lures to a Mepps spinner to try for some northern pike..after about 5 minutes I hooked one that came in at 44 inches long and about 22 lbs..I had my buddy take a picture then I let it go

Didnt think there were many pike in the area. Those are some slimy fuckers with attitude.

Fri February 14, 2014 12:38 am

Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:I was out bass fishing in Denver one day and after a couple hours of only catching a few I decided to change lures to a Mepps spinner to try for some northern pike..after about 5 minutes I hooked one that came in at 44 inches long and about 22 lbs..I had my buddy take a picture then I let it go

Didnt think there were many pike in the area. Those are some slimy fuckers with attitude.

there were a few lakes out on the property of the old rocky mountain arsenal..They only gave out 300 permits a year to fish it back in the 80s and early 90s..My dad, brother and I used to sleep out in our cars the night before they handed them out back then..place was full of bass and pike

Fri February 14, 2014 12:40 am

doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:

there were a few lakes out on the property of the old rocky mountain arsenal..They only gave out 300 permits a year to fish it back in the 80s and early 90s..My dad, brother and I used to sleep out in our cars the night before they handed them out back then..place was full of bass and pike

That's good Ol' Minnesota fishing! Rumor has it there are a few lakes in the high country that have Walleye...

best eating around.

Fri February 14, 2014 12:42 am

Strat wrote:
doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:

That's good Ol' Minnesota fishing! Rumor has it there are a few lakes in the high country that have Walleye...

best eating around.

we used to catch a ton of walleye at boyd lake in Loveland..best tasting fish around

Fri February 14, 2014 12:53 am

i have never caught nor consumed walleye :cry:

Fri February 14, 2014 12:54 am

--- wrote:i have never caught nor consumed walleye :cry:

a walleye filet along with it's cheeks will remind you how you felt you first put a two hearts ale to your lips

Fri February 14, 2014 12:56 am

doug rr wrote:
--- wrote:i have never caught nor consumed walleye :cry:

a walleye filet along with it's cheeks will remind you how you felt you first put a two hearts ale to your lips

i can barely comprehend how well the two would pair together
Post a reply