Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Yoga aka The Official Strat Thread

Wed February 12, 2014 10:43 pm

in this thread, rm's official yoga instructor, strat, will keep us updated on his progress as both a yoga instructor and practitioner. all other yogi's or potential yogi's are free to ask questions, which i'm sure strat or someone else will be able to answer.

first question to strat: how did your father take it when you told him you are gay?

Re: Yoga aka The Official Strat Thread

Wed February 12, 2014 10:51 pm

He beat me like any good father would do!

I just received all the required books for class. It looks daunting. Also, I feel much stronger than I was when i was lifting 4 days a week.

Wed February 12, 2014 11:08 pm

Finally gonna do some Bikram this weekend at the studio near my house. I've had the gift certificate for almost 2 years.

Wed February 12, 2014 11:09 pm

turned2black wrote:Finally gonna do some Bikram this weekend at the studio near my house. I've had the gift certificate for almost 2 years.

How long is it? I am unaware if all Bikrams are the same length. I've never done it and im actually quite frightened of it. My studio is 96 degrees and 45% humidity and that is more than enough for my sweaty ass.

Wed February 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Strat wrote:
turned2black wrote:Finally gonna do some Bikram this weekend at the studio near my house. I've had the gift certificate for almost 2 years.

How long is it? I am unaware if all Bikrams are the same length. I've never done it and im actually quite frightened of it. My studio is 96 degrees and 45% humidity and that is more than enough for my sweaty ass.

90 minutes in 105 degrees with 40% humidity. The instructor said all Bikram yoga has to have those exact conditions and do the same series of poses.

Wed February 12, 2014 11:19 pm

We bend, so we don't break.

Wed February 12, 2014 11:28 pm

If you can you must

Fake it till you make it

Thu February 13, 2014 12:54 am

u guys listen to music when you do this?

Thu February 13, 2014 1:43 am

Has anyone done both yoga and pilates? Which is better for core strength and relaxation?

Thu February 13, 2014 1:52 am

Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thu February 13, 2014 1:58 am

warehouse wrote:u guys listen to music when you do this?

My first flow teacher used Hard Sun and one other Into The Wild tune that I can't seem to recall off the top of my head all of a sudden. It's a sure bet that the song was about losing someone you love, tho. GO TEAM VEDDER

Thu February 13, 2014 3:55 am

Music often plays. Lots of good stuff depending on the type of class that is being presented.

Ive heard:

Ben harper
sigur ros
stupid chanting music
Eddie Vedder
Stereophonics
Passenger
yadda yadda
yadda yadda

Actually got some Neil Young in there tonight as well
ITs good shit.

Thu February 13, 2014 3:57 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Has anyone done both yoga and pilates? Which is better for core strength and relaxation?

Just do a power vinyassa class. I think people here dont really understand how intense yoga can be. The relaxing comes from opening the the muscles, working them, tiring them out, twisting out the organs, etc... But you are also basically holding planks, squats, hand stands, arm and shoulder strength building for an hour.

Fucking try it for fucks sake. ITs not just sitting there rubbing your cock and chanting the whole time.

Thu February 13, 2014 4:04 am

Strat wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Has anyone done both yoga and pilates? Which is better for core strength and relaxation?

Just do a power vinyassa class. I think people here dont really understand how intense yoga can be. The relaxing comes from opening the the muscles, working them, tiring them out, twisting out the organs, etc... But you are also basically holding planks, squats, hand stands, arm and shoulder strength building for an hour.

Thanks, man. :thumbsup:

Strat wrote:Fucking try it for fucks sake. ITs not just sitting there rubbing your cock and chanting the whole time.

:lol:

Thu February 13, 2014 4:14 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Strat wrote:

Thanks, man. :thumbsup:

Strat wrote:Fucking try it for fucks sake. ITs not just sitting there rubbing your cock and chanting the whole time.

:lol:

i look forward to t2b's thoughts on his Bikram class.

This shit aint easy:

you gonna call this guy gay? (He's my "teacher") Image

Thu February 13, 2014 4:34 am

turned2black wrote:
Strat wrote:

90 minutes in 105 degrees with 40% humidity. The instructor said all Bikram yoga has to have those exact conditions and do the same series of poses.

Same thing I have heard.

I got a session in, along with my wife, while in CA a few years ago... it was definitely awesome, wish I had the time.

Thu February 13, 2014 5:05 am

dimejinky99 wrote:Ohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oms are even hard. :haha:

Thu February 13, 2014 6:19 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/yo ... -food?bftw

mmmm, yoga

Thu February 13, 2014 6:29 pm

well where can we rub our cocks and chant?

Thu February 13, 2014 7:15 pm

warehouse wrote:well where can we rub our cocks and chant?

I cheer you on to open your own yoga studio where this is the primary focus of the practice.
Post a reply