Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: NHL Thread

Thu April 26, 2018 5:26 pm

At one point NESN put up a graphic showing the Leafs had iced the puck 10 or 11 times to 3 or 4 for the Bruins...that was towards the end of the second, beginning of the third...and it was after a sequence where they had iced it 3 or 4 times in a row over a couple of minutes of game time

Thu April 26, 2018 6:39 pm

MattA75 wrote:At one point NESN put up a graphic showing the Leafs had iced the puck 10 or 11 times to 3 or 4 for the Bruins...that was towards the end of the second, beginning of the third...and it was after a sequence where they had iced it 3 or 4 times in a row over a couple of minutes of game time

Huh. Maybe I'm misremembering. But I remember thinking the Bruins were more equipped to get away with it because of their faceoff prowess in the series.

Thu April 26, 2018 9:46 pm

philpritchard wrote:
MattA75 wrote:At one point NESN put up a graphic showing the Leafs had iced the puck 10 or 11 times to 3 or 4 for the Bruins...that was towards the end of the second, beginning of the third...and it was after a sequence where they had iced it 3 or 4 times in a row over a couple of minutes of game time

Huh. Maybe I'm misremembering. But I remember thinking the Bruins were more equipped to get away with it because of their faceoff prowess in the series.

It was very strange. The Bruins had a stretch of dump outs later, but when Toronto did it the game situation and actions of the players seemed to be a deliberate thing almost 5 times in a row directly following their 4th goal.

Fri April 27, 2018 10:57 am

down 2-0 i didnt think things looked to well considering the way holtby was playing.

Fri April 27, 2018 4:41 pm

this is zac aston-reese

seeing this in real time i would have sworn it was dante (brian ohalloran) from clerks.

took a screen shot of it and tweeted it at brian ohalloran

yup, he liked it

Fri April 27, 2018 5:55 pm

Way to show up, Sharks

Sat April 28, 2018 6:32 pm

you can't even blame the sharks.

Sat April 28, 2018 6:44 pm

vegas is gonna run away with it this year.

Sat April 28, 2018 6:50 pm

Dev wrote:you can't even blame the sharks.

That was some fine goaltending in that game for sure

Sat April 28, 2018 9:21 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

i didnt actually watch so i dunno.

Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Dev wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

i didnt actually watch so i dunno.

They didn't look it last night. Neither did the Bs. This feels like a really tight year.

Tue May 08, 2018 4:31 pm

I'd love to see a Vegas v Caps stanley cup.

Either team I'd root for as it would be quite a thing to see Vegas win the Cup. However, Ovechkin deserves that highest honor. Still my favorite player in the game.

Fri May 11, 2018 2:00 am

i am fascinated by the implications of the vegas roster construction model

Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 am

--- wrote:i am fascinated by the implications of the vegas roster construction model

I wonder if they’ll have to rethink this after this season. The Vegas golden knights are like the Pearl Jam of the DIY scene

Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 am

Strat wrote:
--- wrote:i am fascinated by the implications of the vegas roster construction model

I wonder if they’ll have to rethink this after this season. The Vegas golden knights are like the Pearl Jam of the DIY scene

i don't understand either of these sentences

Fri May 11, 2018 2:48 am

--- wrote:
Strat wrote:

Sentence 1: They need to rethink how many players are protected in the next expansion draft because this is fucking embarrassing. An expansion team might win the best trophy in sports in its inaugural year while decades old franchises have never won it.
Sentence 2: While Seattle bands like Mudhoney grafted in clubs and put out indie records to build fan bases slowly, Pearl Jam “rose from the ashes of Mother Love Bone” (aka all the other teams) to have a ten times platinum record like a fucking Randy Orton RKO (outta nowhere).

Fri May 11, 2018 2:51 am

daft twat wrote:
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:

Sentence 1: They need to rethink how many players are protected in the next expansion draft because this is fucking embarrassing. An expansion team might win the best trophy in sports in its inaugural year while decades old franchises have never won it.
Sentence 2: While Seattle bands like Mudhoney grafted in clubs and put out indie records to build fan bases slowly, Pearl Jam “rose from the ashes of Mother Love Bone” (aka all the other teams) to have a ten times platinum record like a fucking Randy Orton RKO (outta nowhere).

thank you for your translation, daft twat

Fri May 11, 2018 2:52 am

why is it embarrassing for an expansion team to be competitive right off the bat?

Fri May 11, 2018 10:02 am

The best part is that people were laughing at how badly they screwed up the expansion draft and everyone thought their roster was a joke. Now that they're actually really good, it's embarrassing that the league just handed them a great team?

That's not how it works. Unless you looked at their roster before the season started and thought "Wow, this team is gonna be awesome" then it's not a problem with the league or the expansion format.

Fri May 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Go Peg Go!
Post a reply