The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 26, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 1294
At one point NESN put up a graphic showing the Leafs had iced the puck 10 or 11 times to 3 or 4 for the Bruins...that was towards the end of the second, beginning of the third...and it was after a sequence where they had iced it 3 or 4 times in a row over a couple of minutes of game time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 26, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 3877
MattA75 wrote:
At one point NESN put up a graphic showing the Leafs had iced the puck 10 or 11 times to 3 or 4 for the Bruins...that was towards the end of the second, beginning of the third...and it was after a sequence where they had iced it 3 or 4 times in a row over a couple of minutes of game time


Huh. Maybe I'm misremembering. But I remember thinking the Bruins were more equipped to get away with it because of their faceoff prowess in the series.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu April 26, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 4220
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
philpritchard wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
At one point NESN put up a graphic showing the Leafs had iced the puck 10 or 11 times to 3 or 4 for the Bruins...that was towards the end of the second, beginning of the third...and it was after a sequence where they had iced it 3 or 4 times in a row over a couple of minutes of game time


Huh. Maybe I'm misremembering. But I remember thinking the Bruins were more equipped to get away with it because of their faceoff prowess in the series.

It was very strange. The Bruins had a stretch of dump outs later, but when Toronto did it the game situation and actions of the players seemed to be a deliberate thing almost 5 times in a row directly following their 4th goal.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4113
down 2-0 i didnt think things looked to well considering the way holtby was playing.

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4113


this is zac aston-reese

seeing this in real time i would have sworn it was dante (brian ohalloran) from clerks.

took a screen shot of it and tweeted it at brian ohalloran

yup, he liked it

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 27, 2018 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49872
Way to show up, Sharks

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 20927
you can't even blame the sharks.

_________________
dev radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 20927
vegas is gonna run away with it this year.

_________________
dev radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49872
Dev wrote:
you can't even blame the sharks.

That was some fine goaltending in that game for sure

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sat April 28, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 20927
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
you can't even blame the sharks.

That was some fine goaltending in that game for sure

i didnt actually watch so i dunno.

_________________
dev radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 10, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 4220
Location: SOUTH PORTLAND
Dev wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
you can't even blame the sharks.

That was some fine goaltending in that game for sure

i didnt actually watch so i dunno.

They didn't look it last night. Neither did the Bs. This feels like a really tight year.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34276
Location: Mountains
I'd love to see a Vegas v Caps stanley cup.

Either team I'd root for as it would be quite a thing to see Vegas win the Cup. However, Ovechkin deserves that highest honor. Still my favorite player in the game.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 2537
i am fascinated by the implications of the vegas roster construction model


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34276
Location: Mountains
--- wrote:
i am fascinated by the implications of the vegas roster construction model


I wonder if they’ll have to rethink this after this season. The Vegas golden knights are like the Pearl Jam of the DIY scene


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 2537
Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
i am fascinated by the implications of the vegas roster construction model


I wonder if they’ll have to rethink this after this season. The Vegas golden knights are like the Pearl Jam of the DIY scene

i don't understand either of these sentences


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 2464
Location: The In Between
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
i am fascinated by the implications of the vegas roster construction model


I wonder if they’ll have to rethink this after this season. The Vegas golden knights are like the Pearl Jam of the DIY scene

i don't understand either of these sentences


Sentence 1: They need to rethink how many players are protected in the next expansion draft because this is fucking embarrassing. An expansion team might win the best trophy in sports in its inaugural year while decades old franchises have never won it.
Sentence 2: While Seattle bands like Mudhoney grafted in clubs and put out indie records to build fan bases slowly, Pearl Jam “rose from the ashes of Mother Love Bone” (aka all the other teams) to have a ten times platinum record like a fucking Randy Orton RKO (outta nowhere).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 2537
daft twat wrote:
--- wrote:
Strat wrote:
--- wrote:
i am fascinated by the implications of the vegas roster construction model


I wonder if they’ll have to rethink this after this season. The Vegas golden knights are like the Pearl Jam of the DIY scene

i don't understand either of these sentences


Sentence 1: They need to rethink how many players are protected in the next expansion draft because this is fucking embarrassing. An expansion team might win the best trophy in sports in its inaugural year while decades old franchises have never won it.
Sentence 2: While Seattle bands like Mudhoney grafted in clubs and put out indie records to build fan bases slowly, Pearl Jam “rose from the ashes of Mother Love Bone” (aka all the other teams) to have a ten times platinum record like a fucking Randy Orton RKO (outta nowhere).

thank you for your translation, daft twat


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 2537
why is it embarrassing for an expansion team to be competitive right off the bat?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 3877
The best part is that people were laughing at how badly they screwed up the expansion draft and everyone thought their roster was a joke. Now that they're actually really good, it's embarrassing that the league just handed them a great team?

That's not how it works. Unless you looked at their roster before the season started and thought "Wow, this team is gonna be awesome" then it's not a problem with the league or the expansion format.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:55 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 1294
Go Peg Go!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun July 15, 2018 9:32 pm