Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: NHL Thread

Sun October 15, 2017 11:38 pm

i know people hate him but how many people can do the insane tip that sid did last night?

Sun October 22, 2017 5:53 pm

suck it Toronto fans.

Fri October 27, 2017 11:52 am

a big hearty thank you to toronto fans and management

Fri October 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Peeps wrote:a big hearty thank you to toronto fans and management

Same to you.

Fri October 27, 2017 2:51 pm

just caught the leafs in points.

Fri October 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Dev wrote:just caught the leafs in points.

Proud of you.

Fri October 27, 2017 4:25 pm

philpritchard wrote:

Proud of you.

we're both off to a good start. do you think we might meet in the playoffs this year?

Fri October 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Dev wrote:
philpritchard wrote:

Proud of you.

we're both off to a good start. do you think we might meet in the playoffs this year?

I think we might. I also think we might not.

Fri October 27, 2017 7:05 pm

philpritchard wrote:
Dev wrote:
philpritchard wrote:

Proud of you.

you will need to survive a round or 2.

Fri October 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Dev wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
Dev wrote:
philpritchard wrote:

Proud of you.

I'm not concerned.

Fri October 27, 2017 8:15 pm

philpritchard wrote:
Dev wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
Dev wrote:
philpritchard wrote:

Proud of you.

I'm not concerned.

oh are you guys just gonna walk away with the cup or what?

Mon October 30, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm glad to see Vegas doing well. Not a fan or anything but I've thought pro sports should have been in that city long ago. Fun to see what is happening out there.

Mon October 30, 2017 4:00 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I'm glad to see Vegas doing well. Not a fan or anything but I've thought pro sports should have been in that city long ago. Fun to see what is happening out there.

for sure.

Mon October 30, 2017 4:01 pm

the standings are kind of a mess so far this year. many teams have fallen from grace.

Mon November 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Duchene, huh?

Mon November 06, 2017 3:16 pm

philpritchard wrote:Duchene, huh?

wowzers. not sure why we had to give em turris though. i really would have like to shed some of put defensive depth. will miss turris the mormon.

Mon November 06, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm kind of dumbstruck this actually happened. So much speculation you can never be sure that any of it is reliable.

Mon November 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Dev wrote:

wowzers. not sure why we had to give em turris though. i really would have like to shed some of put defensive depth. will miss turris the mormon.

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I like the trade for Ottawa. Duchene is a bigger name, but they've been pretty similar players the last 4-5 years, and it was a pretty big price for what looks like a small upgrade (although Duchene could very well become more productive again now that he's out of Colorado, in which case it starts to look like a really solid move for Ottawa).

The problem I have with it is pretty much what you said: it looks like they're interested in pushing to win while Karlsson is still around, so why not give up more future assets to bring in Duchene without giving up Turris and REALLY push for a Cup this year or next? It just seems like a half measure rather than a real effort to go for it.

Mon November 06, 2017 3:33 pm

philpritchard wrote:
Dev wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure how much I like the trade for Ottawa. Duchene is a bigger name, but they've been pretty similar players the last 4-5 years, and it was a pretty big price for what looks like a small upgrade (although Duchene could very well become more productive again now that he's out of Colorado, in which case it starts to look like a really solid move for Ottawa).

The problem I have with it is pretty much what you said: it looks like they're interested in pushing to win while Karlsson is still around, so why not give up more future assets to bring in Duchene without giving up Turris and REALLY push for a Cup this year or next? It just seems like a half measure rather than a real effort to go for it.

maybe we will still make another move?

Ugh I wish we still had Methot instead of Oduya too. What do you think about Phaneuf not waiving his no trade clause? He would have never been picked, right?

Mon November 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Turris was fam. I'm a bit choked up about this.
Post a reply