The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3687 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 185  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Tue January 01, 2013 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
Supposedly there are going to be lockout meetings today. I kind of have a feeling this is the last hurrah before the season is canceled.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 11:51 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 275
Huge win for the US.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 3777
numbers wrote:
Supposedly there are going to be lockout meetings today. I kind of have a feeling this is the last hurrah before the season is canceled.


I'm actually feeling more confident than ever that something is going to get done. Over the last few months there was always a leak of some kind that allowed one side or the other to set themselves up to blame the opposition. It's been hard to come by any leaked details the last few days, so I feel like the two sides are genuinely getting closer rather than just posturing to tell the fans how many concessions they made in the latest offer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 6:01 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 275
philpritchard wrote:
numbers wrote:
Supposedly there are going to be lockout meetings today. I kind of have a feeling this is the last hurrah before the season is canceled.


I'm actually feeling more confident than ever that something is going to get done. Over the last few months there was always a leak of some kind that allowed one side or the other to set themselves up to blame the opposition. It's been hard to come by any leaked details the last few days, so I feel like the two sides are genuinely getting closer rather than just posturing to tell the fans how many concessions they made in the latest offer.


I agree. I think something will get done this weekend.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 03, 2013 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8202
Location: An office full of assholes
Hey, I have an idea: let's have every team in the league make the playoffs! In fact, let's cut out the regular season and just start the playoffs in October.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sat January 05, 2013 9:28 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 275
This is getting close, allegedly they agreed on pensions and are down to the cap for 13-14 and max length of contracts.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 1:22 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 1205
I'll believe this deal is real when Emperor Jacobs has signed off on it...until then, I believe nothing


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8202
Location: An office full of assholes
As much as I miss hockey, I can't stand the idea of them playing a fraction of the games of a typical season, starting the playoffs in 2 1/2 months, and calling it a season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
MattA75 wrote:
I'll believe this deal is real when Emperor Jacobs has signed off on it...until then, I believe nothing


I remember reading that they basically cant have Jacobs in the room if they want to make any progress.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 5:31 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 275
Chris_H_2 wrote:
As much as I miss hockey, I can't stand the idea of them playing a fraction of the games of a typical season, starting the playoffs in 2 1/2 months, and calling it a season.


I don't like this either, not to mention, it's going to take like 10-15 games for all of these guys to get into game shape. It clearly favors teams that had a lot of their players playing in the AHL.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
Lets go B's!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
I'm surprised the NHL Network hasnt broken in with coverage of this, god knows ESPN isnt going to talk about it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 231
Hell yes. And as a season ticket holder for the Avs, they better give me a bunch of free shit for sticking around when you know a lot of people cancelled.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 6:48 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 1205
numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
I'll believe this deal is real when Emperor Jacobs has signed off on it...until then, I believe nothing


I remember reading that they basically cant have Jacobs in the room if they want to make any progress.


I really hope every player in the league plays extra hard against the Bruins just to shove it up Jacobs' ass


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 7:01 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 275
scrub12 wrote:
Hell yes. And as a season ticket holder for the Avs, they better give me a bunch of free shit for sticking around when you know a lot of people cancelled.


I'm hoping for free Center Ice package.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 4:56 am
Posts: 231
shinkdew wrote:
scrub12 wrote:
Hell yes. And as a season ticket holder for the Avs, they better give me a bunch of free shit for sticking around when you know a lot of people cancelled.


I'm hoping for free Center Ice package.

I think Dreger already said that can't happen. Probably has to do with the cable companies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:21 am
Posts: 107
Location: Kitchener Ontario Canada
There is enough hockey elsewhere to feed my appetite that I pretty much don't care about the NHL coming back. I've been watching tons of Junior hockey and will continue to do so as my city as a team in the OHL. The AHL games I've seen this year have been great too oh and so was the World Juniors... NHL meh.

_________________
8/22/98, 9/11/05, 8/19/09/, 9/15/11,7/16/13
Still waiting for Yellow Ledbetter to open a show.....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Sun January 06, 2013 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
I'll believe this deal is real when Emperor Jacobs has signed off on it...until then, I believe nothing


I remember reading that they basically cant have Jacobs in the room if they want to make any progress.


I really hope every player in the league plays extra hard against the Bruins just to shove it up Jacobs' ass


The guy has basically been a good owner since the last lockout as far as being a fan of the Bruins is concerned, but the man has done just about as much harm to the sport as one person could possibly do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Mon January 07, 2013 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7844
Location: Franklin, MA
They arent doing that 20 team playoff thing right?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Mon January 07, 2013 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 8202
Location: An office full of assholes
numbers wrote:
They arent doing that 20 team playoff thing right?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3687 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 185  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue December 12, 2017 7:37 pm