The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 245  Next
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 19, 2017 3:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

Dev wrote:
Hey Phil, you didn't deserve to win your last game against the Sens, but you got all the puck luck and that happens sometimes.

Puck luck and much better goaltending, yeah.

They weren't particularly good in that game, but over this streak that they're on (9-1-1 in the last 11) they've dominated most nights. After years of being the team that finds ways to lose, they actually have enough talent (and goaltending, for the first time in... 12 years?) that they can get outplayed and still outscore their opponent. And yet they work their asses off defensively and usually outplay their opponents anyway.

Also... that Matthews intentional faceoff loss to set up Brown. :luv:

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2017 8:39 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

philpritchard wrote:
Dev wrote:
Hey Phil, you didn't deserve to win your last game against the Sens, but you got all the puck luck and that happens sometimes.

Puck luck and much better goaltending, yeah.

They weren't particularly good in that game, but over this streak that they're on (9-1-1 in the last 11) they've dominated most nights. After years of being the team that finds ways to lose, they actually have enough talent (and goaltending, for the first time in... 12 years?) that they can get outplayed and still outscore their opponent. And yet they work their asses off defensively and usually outplay their opponents anyway.

Also... that Matthews intentional faceoff loss to set up Brown. :luv:

I think that play was overrated, and maybe not as intentional as people made it out to be, but I agree with you on their defence. I was impressed all game how much pressure you guys applied on defence. Probably the best I've seen all year of any team. Of course, we are strong defensively, too.

Anyway, at least we got the win back this Saturday. I was surprised we tied it up with the goalie pulled. The shoot-out goal you guys got was definitely a misplay... I love it when Bobby Ryan plays well, and he was great in that game. Opened the scoring and made it look easy in the shoot-out...

PostPosted: Mon January 23, 2017 10:13 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Strat wrote:
Ruddo calls Wild v Caps for the cup this year.

lol @ the Caps. Not a playoff team. Can't really see the wild doing great in the playoffs either. I wonder if they can even keep it up this season.

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2017 12:19 am 
Future Drummer

go leafs go

PostPosted: Tue January 24, 2017 3:17 pm 
Rank This Poster

Dev wrote:
I think that play was overrated, and maybe not as intentional as people made it out to be, but I agree with you on their defence. I was impressed all game how much pressure you guys applied on defence. Probably the best I've seen all year of any team. Of course, we are strong defensively, too.

Anyway, at least we got the win back this Saturday. I was surprised we tied it up with the goalie pulled. The shoot-out goal you guys got was definitely a misplay... I love it when Bobby Ryan plays well, and he was great in that game. Opened the scoring and made it look easy in the shoot-out...

He definitely did it on purpose. He never really even sets up to take the draw... he starts to put his stick down, then skates forward as the puck is dropping.

And that Marner shootout goal was beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 3:16 am 
The Master

The Wild are a full stack of work horses. Good lord. They are the kind of team that can go deep int he playoffs, not off full blown talent, but off a full roster of work ethic. Fast and nasty.

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 4:32 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:
The Wild are a full stack of work horses. Good lord. They are the kind of team that can go deep int he playoffs, not off full blown talent, but off a full roster of work ethic. Fast and nasty.

:bammer:

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 6:02 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I will cheer for the Wild any time they are not playing the Sens or Sharks. Consider me a fan.

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 6:14 am 

Dev wrote:
I will cheer for the Wild any time they are not playing the Sens or Sharks. Consider me a fan.

Love it.

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 7:22 am 
The Master

Dev wrote:

Sharks fan, eh? Why?

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 2:26 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:

lol @ the Caps. Not a playoff team. Can't really see the wild doing great in the playoffs either. I wonder if they can even keep it up this season.

Just quoting this for later in the season

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 4:24 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:

The Wild is 21-3-2 since Dec. 2 and 9-2-1 in January. Last season it took until March 3 and the 65th game to surpass 69 points. It is 17-6 at home and 15-5-5 on the road, including a franchise-record 13-game point streak. It leads the NHL with seven 30-plus-point scorers and eight 10-plus-goal scorers. It leads the Western Conference with 160 goals and 107 goals against and has the league’s best home power play (28.1 percent). It has scored four or more goals in 20 of 48 games and five or more goals in nine of the past 21 games.

It has lost consecutive games in regulation once, and its 11 regulation losses are fewest in the West.

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 4:26 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:

The Wild is 21-3-2 since Dec. 2 and 9-2-1 in January. Last season it took until March 3 and the 65th game to surpass 69 points. It is 17-6 at home and 15-5-5 on the road, including a franchise-record 13-game point streak. It leads the NHL with seven 30-plus-point scorers and eight 10-plus-goal scorers. It leads the Western Conference with 160 goals and 107 goals against and has the league’s best home power play (28.1 percent). It has scored four or more goals in 20 of 48 games and five or more goals in nine of the past 21 games.

It has lost consecutive games in regulation once, and its 11 regulation losses are fewest in the West.

I'm on your team, pal. I'm the one that called a Caps/Wild Finals! Dev just seems to think it is ridiculous, apparently.

PostPosted: Fri January 27, 2017 5:49 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:

I'm on your team, pal. I'm the one that called a Caps/Wild Finals! Dev just seems to think it is ridiculous, apparently.

That was me pointing out to Dev that he will be wrong.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2017 2:27 am 

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2017 6:57 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Strat wrote:
Dev wrote:

Sharks fan, eh? Why?

I think Brent Burns is one of the most exciting players to watch in the game.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2017 6:59 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

The caps have a history of being weak in the playoffs and the wild just dont have playoff experience. The regular season only matters so much.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2017 11:54 pm 
The Master

Dev wrote:
The caps have a history of being weak in the playoffs and the wild just dont have playoff experience. The regular season only matters so much.

They have been in the playoffs the last 8 out of 12 seasons. Making it to the conference finals 3 times.

Theyve had a few early exists but they absolutely have playoff experience.

PostPosted: Sat January 28, 2017 11:54 pm 
The Master

Dev wrote:
Strat wrote:
Dev wrote:

Sharks fan, eh? Why?

I think Brent Burns is one of the most exciting players to watch in the game.

You just love his beard.

PostPosted: Mon January 30, 2017 6:52 pm 
The Master

There was a point in the NFL season during which the Vikings were the most likely team in the entire league to both reach and win the Super Bowl, so please remember that before we get too carried away with what I’m about to share.

(Deep breath).

Your Minnesota Wild, owing to a tremendously nice first half of the NHL season in which it has racked up 69 points, shows up in the No. 1 spot of Sports Insights’ “most likely teams in the NHL Stanley Cup Finals” list, one which is compiled by looking at betting odds. Capitals-Wild is first on the list, followed closely by Capitals/Blackhawks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 245  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports