The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242 ... 245  Next
 Post subject: Re: NHL Thread
PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 3:33 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:
i found i have 0 fuchs to give about the too many men on the ice considering TB had 7 this time and last year they had 7 when they scored against NYI

Not sure what this part means but it is something that happens. I don't think Kadri gets open at the blue line like he does if he doesn't jump the change so it's a little different than a slow change behind the play (eg the NYI goal last year). But that's how the game breaks. Tampa had chances to end it in the third and playing with 5D in OT was already a bit of a death sentence. I'm glad Cooper is trying to change the narrative and set his team up for the next game. It's been a closer series than you would think with it being 3-1 but that's a big hill to climb.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 4:04 pm 
AnalLog

Cooper’s past as a lawyer sure came out postgame. If he had such a gripe about it, why is he being so coy? Probably because his team was making a wild change at the same time.

Avs skating looked like it finally wore down the Lightning. They got better as the game went on and OT was domination. Cernak kept getting in front of MacKinnon one timers and it finally got him in the wrong spot.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 4:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

scrub12 wrote:
Cooper’s past as a lawyer sure came out postgame. If he had such a gripe about it, why is he being so coy? Probably because his team was making a wild change at the same time.

Avs skating looked like it finally wore down the Lightning. They got better as the game went on and OT was domination. Cernak kept getting in front of MacKinnon one timers and it finally got him in the wrong spot.

Yeah Lightning looked gassed in the OT, Vasy stole a couple of great shots but unless they got an odd-man breakout rush it was really just a matter of time. They need to get younger and faster this off-season if they want to make another run with this core.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 6:13 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mickey wrote:
Peeps wrote:
i found i have 0 fuchs to give about the too many men on the ice considering TB had 7 this time and last year they had 7 when they scored against NYI

Not sure what this part means but it is something that happens. I don't think Kadri gets open at the blue line like he does if he doesn't jump the change so it's a little different than a slow change behind the play (eg the NYI goal last year). But that's how the game breaks. Tampa had chances to end it in the third and playing with 5D in OT was already a bit of a death sentence. I'm glad Cooper is trying to change the narrative and set his team up for the next game. It's been a closer series than you would think with it being 3-1 but that's a big hill to climb.

if cooper is going to complain about the avs having too many on the ice then is he going to complain about his team having too many men on the ice? i dont recall him saying anything about TB having too many men on the ice in the Isles game. funny how that is you only bitch when it bites your team in the ass like it bit trotz and the islanders last year

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 6:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Quote:
I'm glad Cooper is trying to change the narrative and set his team up for the next game.

It's just gamesmanship. The dumbest idea in sports is that you're supposed to be an impartial observer of your team--especially if you're a coach trying to fire up your bench rather than letting this kind of OT goal deflate them.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 6:43 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Peeps wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Peeps wrote:

if cooper is going to complain about the avs having too many on the ice then is he going to complain about his team having too many men on the ice? i dont recall him saying anything about TB having too many men on the ice in the Isles game. funny how that is you only bitch when it bites your team in the ass like it bit trotz and the islanders last year

Ok, but I'm sure the Islanders bitched about it last year. That is what you do when the call is against you, no matter who you are.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 7:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The Islanders fans are STILL bitching about it and it wasn't even the GWG.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 7:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

But again, consistency is for rubes. It's good when my team scores and it's bad when they get scored on.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 9:06 pm 
AnalLog

Refs essentially stop doing their jobs in close games in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu June 23, 2022 9:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I appreciated that they didn't call both the obvious trip on Hedman and the obvious trip on Kadri in the third.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 5:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Won't anyone think of the poor Tampa Bay fans?

They need this, guys.

PostPosted: Fri June 24, 2022 10:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

You don't know what it's like to live in Florida.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 1:58 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Mickey wrote:
You don't know what it's like to live in Florida.

I just picture this at all times:

:thisisfine:

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 5:06 am 
Mind Your Tanners

There's a game six!

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 11:26 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Of course.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 3:59 pm 
AnalLog

Kuemper’s one horrendous goal a game mattered big time last night.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 4:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I think the Lightning win at home and it goes to seven and what happens after that is anyone's guess.

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 6:28 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

That last goal seemed kinda weak to me. Like Kuemper has his stick under his pad. How did he get so fucked up there?

PostPosted: Sat June 25, 2022 6:42 pm 
AnalLog

The last goal wasn’t great but the first goal was horrendous. An unscreened slapshot from 70 feet away that was not deflected. Have to stop that.

PostPosted: Mon June 27, 2022 1:54 am 
AnalLog

Holy hell Tampa are babies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242 ... 245  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports