The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Who wins?
Broncos 57%  57%  [ 24 ]
Seahawks 43%  43%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject: Re: Super Bowl XLVIII: The Cannabis Bowl
PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2014 8:59 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Thejambi wrote:
EJ wrote:
Thejambi wrote:

Peyton is tough to judge for me. I think he is a top 10 QB without a doubt. His post season numbers are not that bad if you look at them in a vacuum. The stat I can't get past is he has had only 1 game winning drive/4th Quarter comeback in his post season career( Brady 7/4, Elway 6/4, Montana 5/5).
He is the all time regular season leader in both with 51 and 40 respectively.

Just curious - how many postseason games have been close enough for a game winning drive opportunity for Manning? I don't know the answer. But, its much more telling if he's had them and failed, and the other guys haven't. But, if the games haven't been close at the end, well he's not going to have those chances, right?

8 losses by 10 points or less ( 1,3,3,3,4,6,6,10)
4 losses by 11 points or more (14,17,41,35)
1 shut out

I don't know the context, maybe he got them close in those losses but fell short.

Thanks, possibly, yeah. And, also possible he had the lead in some of those games and the other team came back. We know that at least happened against Baltimore last year.

PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2014 10:39 pm 
The Master

surfndestroy wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Coach wrote:
4/5 wrote:
Yeah, Seattle is the better team. This is not going to go well.

Manning's the greatest ever regardless of this outcome.

Really, 4/5? Really?

no, its still montana

this game was terrible. seattle looked like they had 3 more people on the field than denver most of the game. they just dominated every aspect of the game. tough to watch. luckily, i was drinking the entire game.

Manning's near complete lack of mobility hurts him more than is brought up. I think that lack of mobility has a lot to do with his losing record in the playoffs. As the defences get better Manning's inability to scramble becomes his achilles heel. Once it's a passing down, the defence knows it doesnt have to maintain lanes on the pass rush as Manning's not going anywhere.

This. A more mobile QB like Aaron Rodgers out there extending plays and finding a receiver downfield would've gone a long way in loosening up that stifling Seattle defense last night.

PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2014 10:40 pm 
AnalLog

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/st ... on-manning

PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2014 10:54 pm 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

Nobody will ever be better than Montana.

PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2014 10:55 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

spike wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Coach wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Really, 4/5? Really?

no, its still montana

this game was terrible. seattle looked like they had 3 more people on the field than denver most of the game. they just dominated every aspect of the game. tough to watch. luckily, i was drinking the entire game.

Manning's near complete lack of mobility hurts him more than is brought up. I think that lack of mobility has a lot to do with his losing record in the playoffs. As the defences get better Manning's inability to scramble becomes his achilles heel. Once it's a passing down, the defence knows it doesnt have to maintain lanes on the pass rush as Manning's not going anywhere.

This. A more mobile QB like Aaron Rodgers out there extending plays and finding a receiver downfield would've gone a long way in loosening up that stifling Seattle defense last night.

I dont think Manning even considers extending plays. He doesn't hold on to the ball at all. Normally, I would consider that a plus, but Seattle has them covered from the start.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue February 04, 2014 12:16 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
spike wrote:
surfndestroy wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Coach wrote:
4/5 wrote:

Really, 4/5? Really?

no, its still montana

I dont think Manning even considers extending plays. He doesn't hold on to the ball at all. Normally, I would consider that a plus, but Seattle has them covered from the start.

He lumbered around a bit back there yesterday, but I don't thik it amounted to much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports