Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Running Thread

Thu April 04, 2019 4:43 pm

run2death wrote:That reminds me, anyone want to start a streak?

We could just do 100 days or something. That would motivate me to get through another brutal AZ summer.
Can I join if I'm running four days a week and biking 3? Runnign to work everyday is too much for me. And way too old to bike to work, hit the gym and then go for a run.

Thu April 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Yes! Awesome!

Thu April 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Join the Strava group!

Thu April 04, 2019 5:29 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Join the Strava group!

Which group? I am in Red Mosquito Cycling group.
I will start posting my rides and start to run. The runs will be short and slow to start but I know I have a good streak in me. Currently 93 days into a 45 minute gym workout or swim streak.

Thu April 04, 2019 5:32 pm

surfndestroy wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:Join the Strava group!

Which group? I am in Red Mosquito Cycling group.

My man!

Thu April 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Hit him with the link r2d

Thu April 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Invite sent.

Fri April 05, 2019 12:54 am

Rob committed to the streak!

Fri April 05, 2019 1:01 am

What a specimen that guy is

Fri April 05, 2019 1:19 am

Can the streak be something lame like run 5 days a week, core work the other two? Running six days a week broke me.

Fri April 05, 2019 1:28 am

Yes! Any kind of exercise.

Fri April 05, 2019 2:26 am

Then I'm in!

I have a 10K this weekend. It's probably gonna be the first time in my short running career that I don't PR a distance I've already raced. I ran the same race at like 6:50/mile last year but I don't think I can sustain that for more than a couple miles right now. I feel so slow. But the tendinitis is gone, thank the lord.

Fri April 05, 2019 5:43 pm

There are 4 people signed up for the 100-day streak. It's supposed to start on the 15th, but we can move it up or push it back if ya'll want.

guestT and surfndestroy, can you guys respond to the thread on Strava with your minimums and types of exercises?

Fri April 05, 2019 6:04 pm

R2D, if I commit to this will you try to lay off the Malkmus jabs for a bit?

Fri April 05, 2019 6:13 pm

Yes.

Fri April 05, 2019 6:20 pm

Actually, fuck it. Troll away with your real emotional trash. I'm running regardless.

Fri April 05, 2019 6:25 pm

run2death wrote:guestT and surfndestroy, can you guys respond to the thread on Strava with your minimums and types of exercises?

What are minimums on Strava? I am going to log my rides, runs and swims. If we count workouts as well then I am on a 90+ day run already.

I think someone has to accept me as a member of the running group. I don't show as a member yet.

Fri April 05, 2019 7:35 pm

washing machine wrote:Actually, fuck it. Troll away with your real emotional trash. I'm running regardless.

:thumbsup:

Fri April 05, 2019 8:25 pm

surfndestroy wrote:
run2death wrote:guestT and surfndestroy, can you guys respond to the thread on Strava with your minimums and types of exercises?

What are minimums on Strava? I am going to log my rides, runs and swims. If we count workouts as well then I am on a 90+ day run already.

I think someone has to accept me as a member of the running group. I don't show as a member yet.

I just mean the minimums you set for yourself. Mine is run at least 5 miles every day.

So yours can be at least a X-mile run, x-mile bike or 30-minute workout every day. Whatever you want.

Also, can you navigate to the club and request to join. For some reason, it isn't letting me add you even though I sent you an invite and I'm following you.

Sat April 06, 2019 1:01 am

I ran today.
Post a reply