Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Running Thread

Fri August 03, 2018 3:55 am

Hal is giving me the next two days off before running a half on Sunday. I'm not registered for one, but I'll try and gun it somewhat at a local park I've run half distance before. These back to back days off are going to be sweet.

Fri August 03, 2018 3:07 pm

I did the same thing. Hard to find a half marathon in WI in late Feb.

Fri August 03, 2018 11:00 pm

My diet is such shit. If I ate right I'd really be on to something.

Sat August 04, 2018 3:10 pm

First road run in almost a month this morning, and the heat fucking ate my lunch.

Sat August 04, 2018 4:48 pm

I might look into a 5 mile a week routine pretty soon. No more, no less. Is that even worth it?

Sat August 04, 2018 7:22 pm

guestT wrote:...might actually have a shot at the top of the leaderboard this week.

ROBbed

Mon August 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Just figured out how to use my Garmin to track my treadmill runs instead of just entering them manually on Strava.

Mon August 06, 2018 5:27 pm

guestT wrote:
guestT wrote:...might actually have a shot at the top of the leaderboard this week.

ROBbed

Hey!

Mon August 06, 2018 5:30 pm

run2death wrote:Just figured out how to use my Garmin to track my treadmill runs instead of just entering them manually on Strava.

My watch has a treadmill setting but don't see the point. I would expect the treadmill to be the more accurate of the two.

Mon August 06, 2018 5:38 pm

My brother and I are gonna start a competition for fastest 10-miler later this year and we want something more official than a manual entry.

Mon August 06, 2018 5:45 pm

run2death wrote:My brother and I are gonna start a competition for fastest 10-miler later this year and we want something more official than a manual entry.

Are you not honorable men?

Mon August 06, 2018 5:48 pm

We are, but we're also super competitive with each other and will cry foul if given a chance.

Mon August 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Basically, I'm bitchy because he is faster than me despite the fact that he's older and only runs like 500 miles a year and I run 2,000.

Mon August 06, 2018 6:05 pm

run2death wrote:Basically, I'm bitchy because he is faster than me despite the fact that he's older and only runs like 500 miles a year and I run 2,000.

How does he manage to pull that off?

Mon August 06, 2018 6:27 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
run2death wrote:Basically, I'm bitchy because he is faster than me despite the fact that he's older and only runs like 500 miles a year and I run 2,000.

How does he manage to pull that off?

He has great form. Runs on his toes and stays upright even when tired. He's very efficient.

Mon August 06, 2018 9:00 pm

run2death wrote:Just figured out how to use my Garmin to track my treadmill runs instead of just entering them manually on Strava.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wed August 08, 2018 1:09 pm

This didn't work out so well, my Garmin said I was running 12-minute miles.

Wed August 08, 2018 2:31 pm

run2death wrote:

This didn't work out so well, my Garmin said I was running 12-minute miles.

Fatty

Wed August 08, 2018 3:17 pm

I haven’t run in two weeks. Probably the longest I have gone without an injury in years. I’ll be back on the road soon though hoping to train for a half in November.

Wed August 08, 2018 3:24 pm

liebzz wrote:I haven’t run in two weeks. Probably the longest I have gone without an injury in years. I’ll be back on the road soon though hoping to train for a half in November.

Join the Strava group!
Post a reply