The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 153  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15242
Location: Illinois
Just enter them manually. I have an old watch but I do like the level of privacy a manual entry allows.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 22016
verb_to_trust wrote:
Just enter them manually. I have an old watch but I do like the level of privacy a manual entry allows.

that's what i did!

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 4:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15242
Location: Illinois
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Just enter them manually. I have an old watch but I do like the level of privacy a manual entry allows.

that's what i did!


Did you join the group again after you left the first time?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 22016
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Just enter them manually. I have an old watch but I do like the level of privacy a manual entry allows.

that's what i did!


Did you join the group again after you left the first time?


I don't think I ever left the group.

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 5:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15242
Location: Illinois
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Just enter them manually. I have an old watch but I do like the level of privacy a manual entry allows.

that's what i did!


Did you join the group again after you left the first time?


I don't think I ever left the group.


I see your entry now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4625
Went for a 2-mile walk this morning. At the end, I started a slight jog. My hamstring immediately protested and now it hurts like a MFer.

I'm gonna force myself to do absolutely nothing for two weeks.

Really sucks because I go to my mom's cabin in New Mexico's Sacramento Mountains in a week. I'll miss out on running some beautiful trails and 60- to 70-degree weather.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9679
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
run2death wrote:
Join the RM Strava club, B.


My watch doesn't work with Strava. :(

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15242
Location: Illinois
B wrote:
run2death wrote:
Join the RM Strava club, B.


My watch doesn't work with Strava. :(


You can still join and just enter them manually on your phone after your run. It takes two seconds. That's what I do.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 04, 2018 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15242
Location: Illinois
I had been using some Phasier wireless headphones. They are shit and break after about two months. They were cool about replacing them but seems like it's just a bad product. Have you guys had any luck with a particular set?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15242
Location: Illinois
That's a cool looking trail on your Strava entry Tim. Does it get muggy running in that jungle this time of year?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9679
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
verb_to_trust wrote:
B wrote:
run2death wrote:
Join the RM Strava club, B.


My watch doesn't work with Strava. :(


You can still join and just enter them manually on your phone after your run. It takes two seconds. That's what I do.

Sync or nothing.

But I mighta figured it out.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1486
Location: WI
verb_to_trust wrote:
That's a cool looking trail on your Strava entry Tim. Does it get muggy running in that jungle this time of year?


Yeah it was godawful today.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4625
verb_to_trust wrote:
I had been using some Phasier wireless headphones. They are shit and break after about two months. They were cool about replacing them but seems like it's just a bad product. Have you guys had any luck with a particular set?

I've been running with the Koss KSC75 for 15 years. They are wired and some people don't like the over the ear clip-on mechanism, but they really work for me and sound amazing.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4625
Not being able to run is gonna fucking kill me, but it brings to mind how incredibly lucky I've been all these years.

This is really only my second injury (third if you count Valley Fever, but it's not really running related) in about 15 years of hardcore running.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 15242
Location: Illinois
run2death wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I had been using some Phasier wireless headphones. They are shit and break after about two months. They were cool about replacing them but seems like it's just a bad product. Have you guys had any luck with a particular set?

I've been running with the Koss KSC75 for 15 years. They are wired and some people don't like the over the ear clip-on mechanism, but they really work for me and sound amazing.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1



I can't deal with wired headphones anymore. Those look pretty obtrusive overall actually.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Sun July 08, 2018 4:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 10391
Location: Space City
run2death wrote:
Reid, do you know that you're still paying for Strava Premium?

Money ain't a thing


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 3:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4625
At this point I've convinced myself that I've got an avulsion or multiple tendon tears, so anything short of that will be a pleasant surprise tomorrow. :?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1486
Location: WI
Hope you get good news today, dude.

My legs are absolutely toast from standing at a music festival all weekend. Gonna be a long week.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4625
I had my MRI yesterday morning, but they said I probably won't get a phone call about my results until next week. :?

I fucking hate the health care system in this country.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Running Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 22016
the laces are way too long in the boston 6. what length should I buy??

_________________
Kanye West wrote:
They told me I was in a sunken place.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3042 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 153  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed November 14, 2018 7:35 am