Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Running Thread

Mon May 14, 2018 6:00 pm

tmcs wrote:
Strat wrote:
tmcs wrote:
Strat wrote:
tmcs wrote:Congrats, verb. The stars aligned for you. Rob's injured, I'm recovering, r2d's off-seasoning, wm's retired from running, strat's making sure his accessory game is on point before he goes for that first jog...it was your time to shine.

Lol.

Ive got 3 jogs under my belt for the past 6 days. Ill take it! Hopefully go again today and hoping, just maybe, that it wont be fucking awful anymore.


:lol: It gets better...


im sure at some point! God i miss running around Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis.


That's a nice area. I've never ran around there but my wife is obsessed with Tilia restaurant and my daughter loves that bookstore with all the animals running around inside, so we end up there 3-4 times/year.

Next time you are there go out for a run. Harriet, Calhoun, Lake of the Isles are all connected. If you hit each lake twice you can get yourself a nice half marathon in.

Re: The Running Thread

Tue May 15, 2018 2:52 am

I ran.

Re: The Running Thread

Tue May 15, 2018 3:01 am

Dev wrote:I ran.


Fuck you

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 2:58 pm

REI's having a big sale this weekend. Should I get a Fenix 5 if I can get it for ~350?

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 pm

No. Get the Forerunner 230 for half that price.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 3:14 pm

run2death wrote:No. Get the Forerunner 230 for half that price.


Yeah that would be the sensible thing to do.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 5:55 pm

I really need a new watch. My old forerunner has a broken back button.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm

REI is having a sale.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm

My 11 year old just ran a 6:24 mile at the end of year 5th grade track and field day. He went out too fast and it cost him in the last 150 meters as he went from 2nd to 4th (a 2 second gap). The winning kid was a little Mighty Mouse and ran it in 6:02.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 pm

I would have beat them

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 9:19 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:I would have beat them

5th grade Verb or current Verb?

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

I ran a 5:30 +/- mile freshman year of college. For some strange reason we had to run a mile under 6 minutes to be able to play ont he hockey team.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 pm

daft twat wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:I would have beat them

5th grade Verb or current Verb?


BOTH

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 11:34 pm

tmcs wrote:REI is having a sale.


Everything looks regular price to me

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 pm

Strat wrote:I ran a 5:30 +/- mile freshman year of college. For some strange reason we had to run a mile under 6 minutes to be able to play ont he hockey team.


same thing for college baseball in 1985...i made it by about 10 seconds and wanted to throw up

and they did it one day after you got back from winter vacation

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
tmcs wrote:REI is having a sale.


Everything looks regular price to me


Sorry, starts Friday.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed May 16, 2018 11:43 pm

tmcs wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
tmcs wrote:REI is having a sale.


Everything looks regular price to me


Sorry, starts Friday.


Thanks for the heads up

Re: The Running Thread

Thu May 17, 2018 1:48 am

I ran.

Solid effort today.

Re: The Running Thread

Thu May 17, 2018 1:51 am

Dev wrote:I ran.

Solid effort today.


Not on the Strava so please just shut the fuck up

Re: The Running Thread

Thu May 17, 2018 2:41 am

doug rr wrote:
Strat wrote:I ran a 5:30 +/- mile freshman year of college. For some strange reason we had to run a mile under 6 minutes to be able to play ont he hockey team.


same thing for college baseball in 1985...i made it by about 10 seconds and wanted to throw up

and they did it one day after you got back from winter vacation


What? For baseball? John Kruk out there that day?
Post a reply