Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Running Thread

Tue January 09, 2018 1:32 am

verb_to_trust wrote:Guys, I'm getting close

:?

Tue January 09, 2018 2:40 am

Dev wrote:

Not... sexually

Tue January 09, 2018 3:30 am

verb_to_trust wrote:
Dev wrote:

Not... sexually

bahaha what ever you say verb

Tue January 09, 2018 4:35 am

my hip is fucked up and i simply don't know how to fix it.

Tue January 09, 2018 7:52 am

omg i think i finally cracked it. might be healed.

Wed January 10, 2018 3:42 pm

My legs are beat. So sick of running in snow. Hard to believe I ran a HM at <7:30/mile two months ago when I struggle to stay under 9:00 now. And I'm less than two weeks into an 18-week marathon plan. Ugh.

Alright, enough self-pity. I'm thankful to still be able to run despite the conditions. I've managed to avoid the treadmill so far. I have no serious injuries. And these snow workouts are going to pay off come spring. That's the spirit.

Wed January 10, 2018 6:53 pm

I understand why some people hate treadmills, but they are a good way to maintain leg speed when conditions aren't great outside. Running in snow or excessive heat makes you slow. In the summer, I try to do at least one treadmill run a week so my legs remember how to run fast.

Thu January 11, 2018 12:29 am

run2death wrote:I understand why some people hate treadmills, but they are a good way to maintain leg speed when conditions aren't great outside. Running in snow or excessive heat makes you slow. In the summer, I try to do at least one treadmill run a week so my legs remember how to run fast.

Good advice. I've been running in-doors for the past few weeks and it's certainly helped my speed and endurance.

Thu January 11, 2018 12:55 am

Tonight I hit three weeks off. I'm walking normal again finally. I ran a quarter mile on the treadmill to test things out. Still some ache down there. Hopefully by the weekend I'm ready for a short and easy run.

Thu January 11, 2018 12:55 am

verb_to_trust wrote:Tonight I hit three weeks off. I'm walking normal again finally. I ran a quarter mile on the treadmill to test things out. Still some ache down there. Hopefully by the weekend I'm ready for a short and easy run.

Good luck!

Thu January 11, 2018 2:52 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:Tonight I hit three weeks off. I'm walking normal again finally. I ran a quarter mile on the treadmill to test things out. Still some ache down there. Hopefully by the weekend I'm ready for a short and easy run.

Best of luck to you, man.

Thu January 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Running the Wicklow Way (127K) in June.

Running my two favorite places in the world (Grand Canyon and Wicklow Mountains in Ireland) in the the span of 6 weeks should be amazing.

Thu January 11, 2018 6:05 pm

In June I'll be running in Duluth. You win.

Thu January 11, 2018 8:16 pm

First outdoor run in about 3 weeks today. Did 8 miles at a 8:54 pace. Nothing earth shattering, but the best run I've had in months. I love running outdoors!

Fri January 12, 2018 10:43 pm

I am a stable genius!

Sat January 13, 2018 4:25 am

Could be a while until my next run. I think I will be healed soon but will prob focus on hockey for tbe rest of the winter. Just got some new skates. I will make a point to run at least once a month tho.

Mon January 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Insane blister on the outside of my left big toe right now. Basically a 6th toe. I knew that treadmill run was a mistake.

Mon January 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Even with runs at the Grand Canyon and in the Wicklow Mountains ahead of me, I'm having a hard time staying motivated right now. The chances of me getting up at 4:30 three times a week to run are zero.

Thu January 18, 2018 2:57 am

got a run in today. really honed in on my technique. 3 or 4 minutes slower than a good day but I'm coming off the injury reserve.

Sat January 20, 2018 11:33 pm

Ran in the cold and rain today. It was badass.

Supposed to back to 70 and sunny tomorrow, so I wanted take advantage of the only day of winter we’re probably gonna get this year.
Post a reply