Switch to full style
Discuss your hatred for the Yankees here.
Post a reply

Re: The Running Thread

Sat December 09, 2017 9:30 pm

run2death wrote:It's beneath him.

Quite the opposite actually.

Re: The Running Thread

Sat December 09, 2017 10:21 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
run2death wrote:It's beneath him.

Quite the opposite actually.


Arizona Rob is pissed about this. Mina too.

Re: The Running Thread

Sat December 09, 2017 10:22 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
run2death wrote:It's beneath him.

Quite the opposite actually.


Arizona Rob is pissed about this. Mina too.

I'm afraid I don't get the reference? Who are Arizona Rob and Mina?

Re: The Running Thread

Sat December 09, 2017 10:23 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
run2death wrote:It's beneath him.

Quite the opposite actually.


Arizona Rob is pissed about this. Mina too.

I'm afraid I don't get the reference? Who are Arizona Rob and Mina?


The group has a few randoms. Rob gives me the most consistent kudos though so he's fine by me.

Re: The Running Thread

Sat December 09, 2017 10:27 pm

verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
run2death wrote:It's beneath him.

Quite the opposite actually.


Arizona Rob is pissed about this. Mina too.

I'm afraid I don't get the reference? Who are Arizona Rob and Mina?


The group has a few randoms. Rob gives me the most consistent kudos though so he's fine by me.

Interesting. Now my interested is piqued!

Re: The Running Thread

Mon December 11, 2017 12:01 am

bad run today. both my calves locked up. not sure why. maybe the snow on the path was just too icy.

Re: The Running Thread

Mon December 11, 2017 12:46 am

RMers of Strava. I vow to get back in the stats soon. Not much, but you'll see me there. Kudos.

Re: The Running Thread

Thu December 14, 2017 12:20 am

jogging in the cold fucking sucks

Re: The Running Thread

Sun December 17, 2017 8:05 pm

If I don't beat Tim this week on Strava I'm going to be pissed.

Re: The Running Thread

Mon December 18, 2017 1:56 am

You got me by 1.1 miles. Dang. Add us together and we still trail Rob.

Re: The Running Thread

Mon December 18, 2017 2:22 am

Rob is a beast. Mina followed me recently, I must have finally won her respect.

Re: The Running Thread

Tue December 19, 2017 1:51 pm

My feet are killing me lately. I know I need some new shoes but any of you runners use arch supports? I've tried shoes with gel soles; they work okay until the gel is worn down and imprinted with your foot and then become very uncomfortable.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed December 20, 2017 2:40 pm

FWIW I've had better luck with supportive/stability shoes like Brooks Adrenaline (with built-in support) than I have with arch supports. I wear arch supports in my regular shoes, but when I ran with them they tended to create other issues.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed December 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Need motivation to run again. Also, need upper body workouts that I can do around the house. I shed all this weight and lowered my heart rate for the wedding and want to keep it up but it's the dang holidays now. The bike ain't cutting it.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed December 20, 2017 7:06 pm

washing machine wrote:Need motivation to run again. Also, need upper body workouts that I can do around the house. I shed all this weight and lowered my heart rate for the wedding and want to keep it up but it's the dang holidays now. The bike ain't cutting it.


I have a very basic at-home bodyweight routine that I follow: 50 push-ups, 50 crunches, and 5 minutes of various planks and stretches before bed every night. Takes about 10 minutes total, usually while watching TV. I also keep a resistance band in the bathroom and do a couple dozen curls and flies before I shower. It's not gonna get me ripped or anything but my core feels pretty solid.

Weren't you doing couch to 5K at one point? Maybe sign up for a race and try that again?

Re: The Running Thread

Wed December 20, 2017 7:19 pm

tmcs wrote:
washing machine wrote:Need motivation to run again. Also, need upper body workouts that I can do around the house. I shed all this weight and lowered my heart rate for the wedding and want to keep it up but it's the dang holidays now. The bike ain't cutting it.


I have a very basic at-home bodyweight routine that I follow: 50 push-ups, 50 crunches, and 5 minutes of various planks and stretches before bed every night. Takes about 10 minutes total, usually while watching TV. I also keep a resistance band in the bathroom and do a couple dozen curls and flies before I shower. It's not gonna get me ripped or anything but my core feels pretty solid.

Weren't you doing couch to 5K at one point? Maybe sign up for a race and try that again?

:thumbsup:

Signing up for a race is a great idea. Several coming up in January and February. Not sure I need to regress to couch to 5k routine. I remember the first couple of weeks being very, very slow. I do need that structure again, though.

Do you use weights at all? I'm thinking of investing in those little 3 and 5 pounders you saw in everyone's living room in the 80's.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed December 20, 2017 7:21 pm

washing machine wrote:Need motivation to run again. Also, need upper body workouts that I can do around the house. I shed all this weight and lowered my heart rate for the wedding and want to keep it up but it's the dang holidays now. The bike ain't cutting it.

have you tried running while carrying your knife in hand? the possibilities are rife.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed December 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Kaius wrote:
washing machine wrote:Need motivation to run again. Also, need upper body workouts that I can do around the house. I shed all this weight and lowered my heart rate for the wedding and want to keep it up but it's the dang holidays now. The bike ain't cutting it.

have you tried running while carrying your knife in hand? the possibilities are rife.

fow'ing you.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed December 20, 2017 7:24 pm

washing machine wrote:
tmcs wrote:
washing machine wrote:Need motivation to run again. Also, need upper body workouts that I can do around the house. I shed all this weight and lowered my heart rate for the wedding and want to keep it up but it's the dang holidays now. The bike ain't cutting it.


I have a very basic at-home bodyweight routine that I follow: 50 push-ups, 50 crunches, and 5 minutes of various planks and stretches before bed every night. Takes about 10 minutes total, usually while watching TV. I also keep a resistance band in the bathroom and do a couple dozen curls and flies before I shower. It's not gonna get me ripped or anything but my core feels pretty solid.

Weren't you doing couch to 5K at one point? Maybe sign up for a race and try that again?

:thumbsup:

Signing up for a race is a great idea. Several coming up in January and February. Not sure I need to regress to couch to 5k routine. I remember the first couple of weeks being very, very slow. I do need that structure again, though.

Do you use weights at all? I'm thinking of investing in those little 3 and 5 pounders you saw in everyone's living room in the 80's.


I don't do anything with weights. I just have a mental block or something when it comes to any kind of weightlifting. I don't even like walking through that area of the gym. :haha: I've thought about getting one of those "power tower" things for the garage or basement so I can do pullups, dips, etc.

Re: The Running Thread

Wed December 20, 2017 7:26 pm

washing machine wrote:
Kaius wrote:
washing machine wrote:Need motivation to run again. Also, need upper body workouts that I can do around the house. I shed all this weight and lowered my heart rate for the wedding and want to keep it up but it's the dang holidays now. The bike ain't cutting it.

have you tried running while carrying your knife in hand? the possibilities are rife.

fow'ing you.

:censored:
Post a reply